The grumpy thread

outlaw118

2 hours ago, EssDeeWon said:

Last Monday in eurocarparts, guy being served in front of me is really rude to the staff, ordered something and gave his name as Steve Steve (first name last name) then points to loads of wipers on sale “will they fit a 2010 BMW X5”?  The sales advisor.. “possibly mate do you know the size blade you need”.  Steve Steve.. “No”.   Sales advisor “ok you need to measure them”.  Steve Steve “how do I do that”?  

This is the type of fucking idiot we have to deal with every single day. It pisses me off something rotten. They go around, irritated by everyone and defensive towards anyone that has the audacity to be in their way. What they don't realise is they're the problem, no-one else. Not sure what the solution is.

BT contract grump.

I am selling my house here and moving abroad and so will need to cancel my phone and broadband with them

Had a landline phone with them for 40 odd years. Broadband for the last 10 years. BT Sport (for Moto GP) and BT TV since 2016.

But it seems that everytime I make a change to a service, they "renew" my contract for 18 more months. The last change in August was a no cost change to my access. But they renewed my contract.

Seems that the no cost change in August means I am contracted to them until Feb 2021. And termination fee will be £430. WTF?!

No time now, but I will have to contact their complaints team, as this auto renewal is a joke and a RIP off!

13 hours ago, Mr Pastry said:

That's just the point  The agent (Chancellors) puts all this blurb on Facebook and doesn't have a link to Rightmove or anywhere else.

My point was I want to see an advert of your actual.house so I can.be nosey. 

1 hour ago, Jerzy Woking said:

BT contract grump.

I am selling my house here and moving abroad and so will need to cancel my phone and broadband with them

Had a landline phone with them for 40 odd years. Broadband for the last 10 years. BT Sport (for Moto GP) and BT TV since 2016.

But it seems that everytime I make a change to a service, they "renew" my contract for 18 more months. The last change in August was a no cost change to my access. But they renewed my contract.

Seems that the no cost change in August means I am contracted to them until Feb 2021. And termination fee will be £430. WTF?!

No time now, but I will have to contact their complaints team, as this auto renewal is a joke and a RIP off!

Have you asked to transfer the service to the new house? Iirc they have to if asked and if they can't, then cancel it without penalty. 

28 minutes ago, barefoot said:

Crappy photograph, but I was first to park in an empty carpark yesterday (Scirocco, middle car) whilst I walked the dog...

574850192_2019-12-3009_23_19.thumb.jpg.042c4e9b8775a638710580a1fd8bc4eb.jpg

...Returned to find a couple of additional cars with one right next to me. Why do folk always do that?

Because its a car park????

42 minutes ago, barefoot said:

Crappy photograph, but I was first to park in an empty carpark yesterday (Scirocco, middle car) whilst I walked the dog...

574850192_2019-12-3009_23_19.thumb.jpg.042c4e9b8775a638710580a1fd8bc4eb.jpg

...Returned to find a couple of additional cars with one right next to me. Why do folk always do that?

They don't park next to you if your car is rusty enough.  They think it's infectious.

23 hours ago, Kiltox said:

Speed awareness course this afternoon. Dangerous criminal that I am. 

You know what, this was actually far better than I expected. Some interesting analysis of the impact of speeding - both from a safety point of view and the actual benefit realised in time vs increased fuel consumption and risk. 

I was amazed at the demographic of the group - the vast majority were far older than I expected. People that had clearly been driving for multiple decades/longer than I’ve been alive 

Also amazed how few could correctly identify the speed limit on a road, or knew what the National Speed Limit was!

The section on hazard perception was quite eye opening too - the younger members of the group who did the Hazard Perception part of the theory test had a far greater understanding of the need to observe and anticipate 

56 minutes ago, SiC said:

Have you asked to transfer the service to the new house? Iirc they have to if asked and if they can't, then cancel it without penalty. 

They dont cover Spain.

I just find it frustrating that I can cancel BT Sport and BT TV with a months notice and no penalty. It's when they "renew" my contract for phone and broadband for 18 months when I i have made a change to Sport/TV which gives them more money.

Sharp practice indeed.

4 minutes ago, Jerzy Woking said:

They dont cover Spain.

I just find it frustrating that I can cancel BT Sport and BT TV with a months notice and no penalty. It's when they "renew" my contract for phone and broadband for 18 months when I i have made a change to Sport/TV which gives them more money.

Sharp practice indeed.

I think that’s what SiC means - you ask them to transfer and when they say “we don’t cover Spain” they need to let you out of your contract. 

Like if you’re in a Virgin Media cable area and move out of it. 

14 hours ago, EssDeeWon said:

Last Monday in eurocarparts, guy being served in front of me is really rude to the staff, ordered something and gave his name as Steve Steve (first name last name) then points to loads of wipers on sale “will they fit a 2010 BMW X5”?  The sales advisor.. “possibly mate do you know the size blade you need”.  Steve Steve.. “No”.   Sales advisor “ok you need to measure them”.  Steve Steve “how do I do that”?  

"The same way you measure your winky, except you'll need a tape measure that goes to more than 3 inches."

I've booked a romantic cottage for valentines day weekend. Well except it's actually the week before 'cos I object to paying double. Paid the man, and get sent an email with moderately confusing how to find the place instructions. (Drive to village. Park up by the hump back bridge, at the bottom of the hill.  Immediately to the right of Bridge Cottage is China Lane, walk down China Lane & Hazel Cottage is the first on the left.)

So I went on google maps, banged in the name and postcode and lo! there's an arrow on top of cottage X. Except it doesn't match his vague instructions. Put it into bing maps and it has an X on a different cottage at the other end of the village. Took a screen grab, which cottage is it plz?

Sorry, but for security I do not open links.

Ok. Google this search phrase. Now bing the same phrase. WHICH ONE IS IT?

Please use the directions that I haven given you. The cottage is easy to locate, being the first cottage on the left when walking down China Lane. 

China Lane is not on either bing or google maps. So I'm supposed to try and follow his vague directions in the dark & rain (February), in an area that has no mobile phone signal. Great.

I think his reluctance to admit which cottage it is is down to he's being economical with the truth. "Free off road parking" has become there's a bit of a layby near the bridge, park there. From checking trip advisor he's being doing the creative angles photo game, it's 'bolted on' to a large cottage in reality. I've already half written my bad review in my mind before I've gone.

New years eve. You are here again you wankbag. Another day where society dictates you must go out and drink enough alcohol to make you haemorrhage a vital organ, sing a song hardly anybody knows the words to at midnight while round a house/pub/bar with shitty snacks from Iceland on a table that have been festering at room temperature since 3pm.

Wanting to do something different makes me a weirdo, apparently.

Just now, dozeydustman said:

New years eve. You are here again you wankbag. Another day where society dictates you must go out and drink enough alcohol to make you haemorrhage a vital organ, sing a song hardly nobody knows the words to at midnight while round a house/pub/bar with shitty snacks from Iceland on a table that have been festering at room temperature since 3pm.

Wanting to do something different makes me a weirdo, apparently.

Never understood the big deal with New Years, I offered to work it and the 2nd in my place, double time sitting watching shite on my laptop FTW

Phone call from Big Hospital about my planned spine injection booked on Friday morning. Just a call to confirm the procedure Mr Roberts. Lovely, thank you very much.

Phonecall from big Hospital an hour ago:

It's about your procedure on Friday Mrs Roberts.

Yesss?

We are cancelling the procedure.

Silence...... you are cancelling the procedure?

Yes Mr Roberts.

I had a colleague of yours call me yesterday confirming the procedure for Friday.

Ah. Oh, ok.

But you are now calling to cancel it. This is twice now. Not very impressive really is it.

Ummm. A member of the pain clinic will call you in the New Year to rebook.

Big pissed off sigh. Right, whatever.  I ended the call.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

29 minutes ago, purplebargeken said:

Phone call from Big Hospital about my planned spine injection booked on Friday morning. Just a call to confirm the procedure Mr Roberts. Lovely, thank you very much.

Phonecall from big Hospital an hour ago:

It's about your procedure on Friday Mrs Roberts.

Yesss?

We are cancelling the procedure.

Silence...... you are cancelling the procedure?

Yes Mr Roberts.

I had a colleague of yours call me yesterday confirming the procedure for Friday.

Ah. Oh, ok.

But you are now calling to cancel it. This is twice now. Not very impressive really is it.

Ummm. A member of the pain clinic will call you in the New Year to rebook.

Big pissed off sigh. Right, whatever.  I ended the call.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck

Don't think I had this trouble when they operated to remove my haemorrhoids....

Ah, yes, drinking on NYE.

Paying to go into pubs that would need to pay you on any other night, inflated drinks prices, two bob amateur drinking tosspots pushing and jostling you, enforced jollity then a 2 hour wait for a £15 cab fare 2.5 miles home.  The whole thing can GTF. 

Fucking house of the plague here ! Missis has had the lurg which has set off her vertigo so spewing and dizzy . I’m shaking like a shitting dog with a fever ,Joys .

Last year I had such a painful ear infection which finally burst my eardrum and gave me some ( bloody and pussy ) relief at 11.50 

By pussy I mean yellow gunk not the other you dirty fucks 

45 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

Seems perfectly rational to me ?

Exactly. I can’t see any problem with having a few good chums round for a decent home cooked meal and a few bevvies, or a nice night with the other half watching a film or a DVD with a bottle of wine.

29 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Ah, yes, drinking on NYE.

Paying to go into pubs that would need to pay you on any other night, inflated drinks prices, two bob amateur drinking tosspots pushing and jostling you, enforced jollity then a 2 hour wait for a £15 cab fare 2.5 miles home.  The whole thing can GTF. 

when I worked in a pub the hall was hired for private functions and the public bar was invitation only for the regulars and their wives/partners. Never had major trouble until a new licensee took over and let all and sundry in. Aside what I put in the depression thread last year, it goes an awful long way into why I hate new year’s eve.

7 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

Exactly. I can’t see any problem with having a few good chums round for a decent home cooked meal and a few bevvies, or a nice night with the other half watching a film or a DVD with a bottle of wine.

I'm not going to lay claim to being normal, but aside from the one time I was persuaded to go to a Hogmanay dance, which being a non-dancer was like being damned to heck by Phil of Insufficient Light and the handful of times I've been at work for it, being at home scoffing my own food and drink and sharing it with people I like is how I normally do it. First footing may be done if the weather isn't shit, but I'll take booze rather than a lump of coal.