The grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

In the car, I occasionally get brief snatches of what sounds like grime (more like grim) pirate radio interrupting Radio 4. It only happens when I'm driving around Ealing/Hanger Lane.

When I drove to SF15 in wales, going around the M42 past bromsgrove I was fiddling with the radio and found some random station playing happy hardcore. Was quite sad when that ran out several miles further away. We used to have a pirate station around Beaconsfield too playing all manner of random stuff

6 hours ago, Sir Snipes said:

I hate modern Star Wars, and I'm not some huge fanboy who lives on the past or anything. Aside from it being rammed into every facet of our lives, it was never a saga. It was a simple little story with some campy space opera (hero's journey, family, redemption etc). Now it's a $4bn monster with no direction. Like Revenge of the Sith, I think the majority either don't care or are just glad it's over with.

Also, people who say the modem trilogy somehow redeems the 2000s prequel trilogy? No. They were awful then and still are now.

Have you been to see the new one yet? What did you think to it compared to The last Jedi?

For me, a lot of it is the tingling of being transported back to being a 7 yr old, sat in the local cinema on my own for the first time, hearing that music and then the scrolling titles and the following, frankly scary back then, fight on the alliance space ship. Darth Vader appearing after the doors had been cut away. 

I got the same tingling feeling seeing the X wings fly across the lakes in Rogue One. 

Has it gone on too long? Probably.

Could Mark Hamill ever act? No! 

Bringing Harrison Ford back in this one? Not such a good idea.

And I still don’t get the love for Leia / Carrie Fisher.

Star Wars overdose? (And superhero / cartoon live action remake) yes. But there’s something about being a 50 year old that gets a bit of his childhood back in tiny waves that I’m thankful for. The movie was pretty good as movies go too. Not epic like Schindler’s list or Green Mile, but entertaining with some amazing special effects.

Lets face it, the stories were never the greatest and the first two prequels weren’t great, but for me, a couple of hours of escapism, including the occasional synaptic jump to childhood was worth the $9.50 I paid; Transporting me away from my humdrum daily life troubles to a galaxy far far away... :)

d37c0ecfede73a701296ce3068a8b138.jpg

'Ad closed by Google'

It bloody was not! It fucking bugged the shit out of me until I CLOSED IT. I could understand its appearance if I was in a Google browser, but I'm using Tapatalk, the makers of which are obvs effing coining it in by trying to entice me, repeatedly (and have been doing so for a solid month) to buy the latest and greatest exercise bike, as advertised by a skinny burd in a lyotard. If this is like the Peloton ad that someone else on here was having a wee rantette about, I can quite understand it. The only consolation is that the onslaught of advertising for this and other similarly-marketed products ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEES that I will never buy one, and will be dissuading anyone I ever meet from buying one too.

Cahnts.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

See Star Wars is one film that I really do think is worth seeing on a big screen.

(Appreciate most people's TVs these days are nearly the size of a cinema screen, but it's still not the same.)

Meh, I'm pretty jaded by them now. Other than to make Disney lots of money I can see no reason why RotJ wasn't a decent end to the series.

This last one I think, is the best of the bunch of the ‘new 3’ and as good as Rogue One. 

A lot has to be said ‘about the experience’ as Wuvuum says, but I also see the ‘Disney ramming Star Wars down our throats’ issue too.

I enjoyed the movie but not the other patrons. Did make me think of a new idea though: non-crinkly sounding wrappers, especially for sweets sold in cinemas to keep the additional sound effects down. Not sure what to do about the three course meals and numerous trips to the bar though!

Some woman that occasionally comes in my work today who never accepts your answer. Have served her numerous times before over the past 3 years.

Doesn't come and ask for help, she just stands by the oils and loudly says "hello" untill someone goes over wondering what the fuck she's doing.

Asks what oil, wants a cheaper stuff. Fair enough she always drives shitters. 

Can you put the oil in the car? 

No, sorry not today I'm busy and my college he can't do it either (no clue when it comes to doing stuff on his car) we are short  staffed. 2 Phones ringing and there's another 4 or so people needing to be served. 

Why do you not help me? I am regular customer? Who are you? Are you new? You always do it for me? I do not recognise your face? What is your name?

Half expected that the race card was going to be busted out aswell. Might aswell go full house.

Snapped , and spoke to her like the ignorant cunt she is. Someone else done her oil for her eventually . This is the problem with helping fucking lazy idiots it becomes expected and thrown back in your face when you dont help.

Day was going swimmingly aswell, even some of the more difficult regular customers were spot on and it was just a chilled out day untill this colossal bell end turned up. 

I used to love the ones that came into work and said 'Your mate/the other lad/s always did that for me' as I'd tell them to ring the fuckers up on their day off and ask them to come in.

Todays grump was some bint edging forward at the lights in her shit looking car. She kept revving it up and must have ended up a good 8 foot over the line with the lights still red, then smoked me off when they turned green, only to get stuck in traffic literally 50 yards later. At which precise point I went sailing past on my bike.

57 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

It's the effects (and the soundtrack) that are worth a visit to the cinema to experience, not the plot lines...

I get bored of mindless spectacle pretty quickly and IMO that's just an excuse for lazy script writing. Even something like John Wick can be good if it's done with some style. 

4 hours ago, DarrenKC53 said:

Sure to create a grump - anyone watch the Top Gear special last night?

That poor Renault 4 and Peugeot 106, treated with less respect than Clarkson and the gang would have done. 

Rich cunts destroying decent things other people would like. Not watched it for years, I see it hasn't changed...

I'm grumpy today, I like this thread ☺

3 hours ago, MarvinsMom said:

we have a dirty rat under our shed.

little fucker has chewed a hole in the floor, so, all contents dragged out, floor swept out and a brick put over the hole. and now we have baited and placed a fucking lethal rat trap in the yard.

i'm going to get you, you dirty rat.....

How could you.

29 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50919327

I always did think he was a twat.

Horrible gobshite was boasting about it on Twitter and (rightly) got a load of shit over it.  

15 minutes ago, chodweaver said:

See what I mean?

691a78387240a479869be9167b99dc7a.jpg

Ffs, Tapatalk

Why on earth would you not just use Autoshite.com? I gave up on Tapatalk about 4 years ago. The main forum is much better now for mobile; even if you’re using it to aggregate feeds I’d still rather stab myself in the eye with cocktail sticks than use Tapa. 

For the longest time, my Tapatalk showed no ads at all - I don't know how - I use it for three forums and it might have been that one which had paid for ad-free access, conferred ad free for all of the ones I access.

And all that went to shit about three months ago at the last Tapatalk enforced upgrade. And the ads are low grade toss, all the time, so yeah, perhaps it's time to try the browser version again...

Got a phone call from the RSPCA at work today which is always worrying.

'Do you have a black cat with a microchip called Casper ?'

'Yes, I do. What's he up to ?' (brave face, fearing impending news of squished Casper).

'I'm with a member of the public who is concerned your cat is injured. He just sits on the fence by the woods and doesn't move all day'

'Yeah, that's pretty much what he does right now. That's his latest thing. I live right next to where he sits, and call him in four times a day for his scran. When it's cold or raining he comes in the house and stays there'.

'I think the person was concerned there was something wrong'

'No, he's just being Casper. That's what he does. He does have some behavioural issues - he's a rescue cat and I've had him three years.'

'Yeah, I agree, sounds like he's just being a cat'

'Thanks for ringing, although you did scare me a little. Tell the member of the public if she wants to knock on my door, she's more than welcome.'

'No problem, sorry to have troubled you.'

When people who know nothing about cats suddenly come over all concerned for no concernible reason. Casper has been sitting on that fence by the edge of the woods for the last six months now.

Interfering busybody wasting my time and, more critically, the RSPCA's. Fuckwit.

I am currently trying to sell my house.  Local agents are great, know them well and have used them a lot.  Not so sure about their head office, far away..

Call from agent.  Our marketing dept. are having a big campaign on facebook.  This is the modern way to sell houses,  social media is the future, it will empower us, blah, etc. Your property looks great,  May we advertise it on facebook?

Don't do social media, don't like it, sounds like a complete waste of time but yes, we need to get people through the door, so I agree, sorted.

Now, let's have a look at facebook and see what they are doing..

Expected something like rightmove but lots better, obvs. because its social meeja.

All I can see are pictures of flashy houses and a lot of inane facebooky comments.  No prices or locations given.  Nowhere to click for details.  If you persist you can find a link to a local agent.

Now, maybe it's just me, but when I set out to buy a house I like to know where it is and how much, before starting.  I find it helps.

That's all going to work very well, isn't it? 

7 minutes ago, Mr Pastry said:

I am currently trying to sell my house.  Local agents are great, know them well and have used them a lot.  Not so sure about their head office, far away..

Call from agent.  Our marketing dept. are having a big campaign on facebook.  This is the modern way to sell houses,  social media is the future, it will empower us, blah, etc. Your property looks great,  May we advertise it on facebook?

Don't do social media, don't like it, sounds like a complete waste of time but yes, we need to get people through the door, so I agree, sorted.

Now, let's have a look at facebook and see what they are doing..

Expected something like rightmove but lots better, obvs. because its social meeja.

All I can see are pictures of flashy houses and a lot of inane facebooky comments.  No prices or locations given.  Nowhere to click for details.  If you persist you can find a link to a local agent.

Now, maybe it's just me, but when I set out to buy a house I like to know where it is and how much, before starting.  I find it helps.

That's all going to work very well, isn't it? 

Link ? To the rightmove advert or the post is pointless 

Please 

15 minutes ago, chodweaver said:

See what I mean?

691a78387240a479869be9167b99dc7a.jpg

Ffs, Tapatalk

Why on earth would you not just use Autoshite.com? I gave up on Tapatalk about 4 years ago. The main forum is much better now for mobile; even if you’re using it to aggregate feeds I’d still rather stab myself in the eye with cocktail sticks than use Tapa. 

Aldi wanker yesterday afternoon, he was behind me at the lights in a black Q thingy and the huge grill was high in my rear view and an inch from my bumper... pull away from lights and he comes down my offside in a single lane carriageway and drives over the hatchings to overtake, Belts it off... yeah you know what’s coming... 1/2 mile up the road he’s stuck behind slow moving traffic so I eventually catch him up then poodle past him while he gets in the right lane at the upcoming round about.  See ya later dick ??‍♂️

Last Monday in eurocarparts, guy being served in front of me is really rude to the staff, ordered something and gave his name as Steve Steve (first name last name) then points to loads of wipers on sale “will they fit a 2010 BMW X5”?  The sales advisor.. “possibly mate do you know the size blade you need”.  Steve Steve.. “No”.   Sales advisor “ok you need to measure them”.  Steve Steve “how do I do that”?