The grumpy thread

outlaw118

FFS! They've now started on what constitutes Black / Coloured, Gollywogs, Black & White minstrels etc... I'm regretting not having started.on the drink... At least I'm not on my own on this one..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Full house - Someone's just started talking about poofs.... Pass me a drink...

1 hour ago, Floatylight said:

Full house - Someone's just started talking about poofs.... Pass me a drink...

Just mention that you're claiming benefits, gay and moving to Amsterdam with your new boyfriend, Big Hans to breed Teacup Chihuahuas.

You know how parents should never contradict the other parent in front of the children ? Always be consistent and agree with the other? 

Sensible parenting right?

How old before you should be allowed to say, "Son, that's fine, ignore your mother " 

Like our son aged 26, is home for a few days and has forgotten his phone charger, so i lent him mine, at 11pm and my wife told him to turn it off and unplug it before he goes to sleep. 

I am in the dog house for saying, "I think we'll survive, as your room has a mains smoke alarm linked to the other smoke alarms, so if it did burst into flames we'd definately get out alive" 

Driving back from Somerset late last night, I decided to go motorway all the way as although it's longer distance-wise, when the roads are clear it's quicker.  Fuck me, I have never seen such a concentration of brain-dead cretins on the road in my life.  Lane discipline was the worst I've ever seen (the Focus sat resolutely in lane 3 of 4 of the M25 at 58mph despite being passed on both sides by honking traffic and the Fiesta in front of me actually trying to physically barge him over to the left was just one example), and then on the A-roads I had innumerable vehicles coming towards me with main beam and refusing to dip even when I flashed at them.  What should have been a nice relaxing drive home (traffic density wasn't high so I sat with the cruise set to 74 all the way back) ended up stressing me out and making me wish I'd come the back way.

Also there were no petrol stations open in my parents' town by the time I left, so I had to peel off the M4 and go diesel-hunting in Swindon, which itself wasn't the most uplifting of experiences. (But fuck paying £1.55 a litre on the motorway.)

25 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

So many fucktards on the roads nowadays, so many in new cars, pcp packaged, fk knows how they managed to get insured, I'm tempted to to buy a double dash cam set up for my own protection because it probably won't be long til one of these blinkered twats will hit my car and say it was my fault. 

The reason I have a dashcam is due to an incident while down visiting @rantingYoof a couple of years ago.

He picked me up from Birmingham airport and we were making our way towards Northampton on the M-something. Mr Yoof was in the middle lane after overtaking a lorry and was indicating left and halfway over the line when a Mercedes A-class undertook us, nearly taking the passenger door mirror off, then cut us up in order to swing all the way back to the outside lane (of 3) to continue on their utterly insane journey.

27 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

The reason I have a dashcam is due to an incident while down visiting @rantingYoof a couple of years ago.

He picked me up from Birmingham airport and we were making our way towards Northampton on the M-something. Mr Yoof was in the middle lane after overtaking a lorry and was indicating left and halfway over the line when a Mercedes A-class undertook us, nearly taking the passenger door mirror off, then cut us up in order to swing all the way back to the outside lane (of 3) to continue on their utterly insane journey.

Jesus, I remember that one. Was on the M40 on the approach to Banbury.

I took the 820 for a spin today, including one junction of the M1 (27 to 26). 

The amount of fuckwittery on that stretch was unbelievable. Some prick sat doing 60 in lane 3, so I moved to lane 4 to overtake. Naturally he then sped up. Knowing the precise location of the speed cameras, I just booted it and got past him, and then made my way gently back to lane 2. He then sped up, overtook me, then slowed down to 60 again. Prick was playing games, so I just undertook him legally at 70, he then shot past me yet again. I was deciding what to do next when the car/caravan in lane 1 did the steer then indicate thing and pulled out in front of me at 60.  Eased off and was able to just about give him space, then slid into lane 1 as my turn off was coming. Started building up speed from the pitifully low 50, then the prick in lane 1 ahead of me doing 50 indicates at the last minute to pull off as well, so I eased off again and then had to brake.

Will all of those muppets who go out to drive twice a year kindly fuck off please.

Migraine.  Not fun.

In other medical news, I forgot to take ANY of my meds this morning, the call of bacon at the Truckers Rest with @Inspector Morosebeing clearly stronger!  This was the second day in a row, which explains why I felt like UTTER SHIT this afternoon.  Taken them now; feeling a little more human.

Just had a brief scare when Grandmother Fumbler came home after an emergency garage stop. Her low oil pressure light came on while she was driving. Dipstick was completely dry, and evidently so was most of the sump. I hope the engine is alright- I'm sure it is- but at 110000 miles, and some staining on the garage floor, I am beginning to wonder where all the oil went...

Just had to leave the room at the in-laws as discussion turned to politics, which is something that has the possibility of turning into quite a row if I get started, it's Ok though one of them has just had an Echo dot for Christmas and I've said enough that they are all paranoid about cyber security, personal data and every device listening to and watching them, sure that will rumble on with devices all being turned off every night like they were in the 70's so in a way the Daily Fail were right, (discussion about) Corbyn will drag us back to the 70's...

Jaysus!!!

Now round at my Dad's and the same conversation start but got stuck in this time, full half hour row..

I genuinely do not understand why people get so angry when there is a difference of opinion on politics. I'm always interested to hear other people's points of view, but to fall out over it is pointless.  It's all based on misinformation anyway. If I could have a good discussion based on facts then I would but I'm certainly not going to have a fall out over something I've read in the media! 

7 hours ago, wuvvum said:

and then on the A-roads I had innumerable vehicles coming towards me with main beam and refusing to dip even when I flashed at them. 

Are you sure they were on main beam, some of these modern headlights, I think are dangerous. I've flashed people people before thinking they are on main beam only for them to come back at me with an even more dazzling display. If their dipped beam is like that they should be illegal. You see them on the motorways too. Come up behind you with lights so bright you have to dip the mirror, then when they pass you they get even brighter. 

5 minutes ago, Yoss said:

Are you sure they were on main beam, some of these modern headlights, I think are dangerous. I've flashed people people before thinking they are on main beam only for them to come back at me with an even more dazzling display. If their dipped beam is like that they should be illegal. You see them on the motorways too. Come up behind you with lights so bright you have to dip the mirror, then when they pass you they get even brighter. 

those headlamps one of the fun things I discovered about the auto dimming mirror in my driving instructors car

gr8 I can see clearly the 2 head lamps behind without being dazzled, but now I cant see anything else around me cuz its all pitch black otherwise

(and wing mirrors are dazzled by said overly bright headlamps so ain't much use either)

54 minutes ago, Kowalski said:

I genuinely do not understand why people get so angry when there is a difference of opinion on politics. I'm always interested to hear other people's points of view, but to fall out over it is pointless.  It's all based on misinformation anyway. If I could have a good discussion based on facts then I would but I'm certainly not going to have a fall out over something I've read in the media! 

I tend to switch off and just leave a discussion/argument when people start quoting stuff they were told on ‘The News’ 

The most annoying argument is religion. I mean FFS just believe or don’t believe and wait for the day you die to find out the score, it can’t be proved until then so religion has to go down as the most stupid thing to argue about. 

2 hours ago, Yoss said:

2 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

those headlamps one of the fun things I discovered about the auto dimming mirror in my driving instructors car

gr8 I can see clearly the 2 head lamps behind without being dazzled, but now I cant see anything else around me cuz its all pitch black otherwise

(and wing mirrors are dazzled by said overly bright headlamps so ain't much use either)

LED headlights, innit.

2 hours ago, EssDeeWon said:

The most annoying argument is religion. I mean FFS just believe or don’t believe and wait for the day you die to find out the score, it can’t be proved until then so religion has to go down as the most stupid thing to argue about. 

Have you ever looked into the science behind how the universe came to exist. I've tried a couple of times and quite frankly the concept that a big man with a beard made it over a week with magic actually makes a lot more sense that the current scientific theory. It's all chuffing mental and should be avoided. Time is better spent worrying about real problems. 

wlj3g3tme0741.jpg.db8d78faf6f442ad7d660192247bc356.jpg

Noisy neighbours strike again.
I can hear the loud voice of a young boy, above an equally loud tv,
at midnight.

GO TO SHITTING SLEEP.

Well, there's always the option of revenge.
I work weekend nights and go back next week, and have quite a loud exhaust...

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk