The grumpy thread

outlaw118

DW, Talk Talk are an entity unto themselves, never met anyone who has had a good dealings with them, from delayed resposes to fallen phone lines, to telling lies and getting extended contracts illegally, but above all this they are shit as an ISP, with a shit service, if it isn't too late......run away from them and use BT and a seperate ISP with a decent reputation

I changed from O2 (good) to surf anytime (very good) and the difference in service and speed is vast :wink:

M74 is notorious for plod hiding on bridges with speed cameras. I used to have to do it fairly regular and they were often out near Abington / Lockerbie as its a nice road and very quiet. A good few people I used to work with earned their points on that stretch of road :roll:

Well in that case get onto your bank! If they are still paying a cancelled direct debit then they are at fault as well.

Telling the company to cancel the DD is not always sufficient by the way, the DD can still remain active on your bank account.

To be honest, if it is cancelled at the bank I would have thought it was impossible for the company to take money from your account, you really need to speak to your bank asap.

I got onto them and apparently I took out personal accident cover from a third party - I didn't, obviously. FFS don't use Ibuyeco, they a fucking shady.

Thanks Whitevanman. Sadly there's nowt I can do because the other half rates them. To be fair, they were great and good value when we used them a couple of houses ago.

Really feeling the pain of no fast internet - so much so that I drove back to the other house on Tuesday and enjoyed full fat megaweb! Hmmmm.

Now sitting in a hotel wondering if another hot chocolate is an idea because I'm trying to send a video to my old man. Not going to attempt that on dial-up!

Residents Parking.

The local council have decided to make the roadside spaces directly outside my house into 'residents parking'. They've also made certain sections of the road limited to 2 hours. So they want me to pay to park outside my own house, and they've reduced the number of spaces I can use. Great. Thanks a fucking lot.

fists on the desk to thud out the intro to Dittohead. FFS!!!! He turned to look at me and stopped! :lol:

I experienced a level of apathy and un-arsedness with other students, their projects were so shit, they had no idea what they were doing and used it as an excuse to get a student loan and pissing it up the wall in a week.

Can someone advise me: I cancelled my insurance policy with some shitty insurer months ago and they're still taking random money from my bank. I was paying direct debit. How the heck can they take

Good work on the Slayer track.

Direct Debit used to be very shit, I dont know if they've got any better but my Mum used to work in a bank and would never use DD even if it saved her money (she is very careful with her money) due to the amount of mistakes they make. Withdrawing amounts twice and the like..

M74 is notorious for plod hiding on bridges with speed cameras. I used to have to do it fairly regular and they were often out near Abington / Lockerbie as its a nice road and very quiet. A good few people I used to work with earned their points on that stretch of road :roll:

About a year ago I went though a speed trap on the M74 at 90 MPH in a Smart car. I was absolutely shitting myself for a few weeks but never heard anything.. phew!!

WMA files psychoacoustics. SL 1210 WGNS Volume 2 MD transient lows and mids parametric EQ in Audition cans fart canonical scrub Stanton 500 WGNS MD Dag Nasty WMA SL 1210 SL 1210 Pro Ject pre amp C320BEE cartridge stage KAM audiophile SL 1210 Mk 2-5 copasetic Matsushita

Ehhhh???

Residents Parking.

The local council have decided to make the roadside spaces directly outside my house into 'residents parking'. They've also made certain sections of the road limited to 2 hours. So they want me to pay to park outside my own house, and they've reduced the number of spaces I can use. Great. Thanks a fucking lot.

I feel for you. I dread the day we get this foisted on us. Most annoying thing about it would be that they paint yellow lines across driveways so you can't even park across your own drive.

Residents Parking.

That sounds like a common scam, sell more permits than there are spaces, send Parking Patawaya round on his shitty moped at 6am and 6 pm, guaranteed lucrative ticketing frenzy.

It'd not be so bad if they didn't reduce the amount of spaces out there as well, but they've thrown out a load of extra double yellers as well for good measure.

Unfortunately I have no driveway or lawn or outside space of any kind to abandon my car on.

Witnessed a minor accident, which didn't have to happen. Just one of a spate of 4 or 5 near misses I've had in the last 24 hours. Nothing serious, but it's making me think I ought to raise a petition to have a new offence added to the statute books: witless driving.

Not careless or reckless, just witless. Maybe gormless. Punishable by a good solid boot up the arse, or a couple of hours in the stocks.

Trying to get tickets to see 'Take That'*. It's a Brownie points mission, and when I went with SWMBO last time the place was packed with wall to wall top qual FLANGE.

Anyhow looks like it's mission impossible to get tickets, Ticketmaster's 'phone line is continously engaged and the website has crashed.

*No, I'm NOT on the other bus.

Witnessed a minor accident, which didn't have to happen. Just one of a spate of 4 or 5 near misses I've had in the last 24 hours. Nothing serious, but it's making me think I ought to raise a petition to have a new offence added to the statute books: witless driving.

Not careless or reckless, just witless. Maybe gormless. Punishable by a good solid boot up the arse, or a couple of hours in the stocks.

+1111! Almost exactly the same thing happened to me last Saturday. Started off with some auld biddy in a snot-green Atoz sitting stationary, staring at a green light. When I sounded the horn at her, she then gave it 17000 RPM and shot out of the junction like the Millenium Falcon. Then, literally 200 yards further down the (2 lane, one-way) road, a little wanker in a chavved up Clio got the shock of his life, as he was driving the wrong way down said road, with me in the S Type in one lane, and a S Class Merc taxi in the other bearing down on him. In the course of his 273 point turn, he stalled twice. Mr Taxi Driver got out and had a "word".

Back on the main road, a huge artic was parked, on the brow of the hill, straddling a pelican crossing, outside the local Chav Academy. Being as it was Saturday morning, there were some kids coming back from a hockey match, trying to cross the road.

And the crowning glory - about 50 feet from my house I narrowly avoided a head-on with a neighbour who is a NURSE, who was driving down the wrong side of my street, while on the phone.

I like the stocks idea, CJ, especially as we have a set in the main street in my town. (pictured below)

2203473479_34098d5647.jpg?v=0

Residents Parking.

My local council have done this to us as well. Now the few spaces we can use are being filled by commuters the minute you leave the damn things empty. My neighbour is having a whale of a time letting the air out of their tyres.

The wife just bought the dog home after a walk around the local park covered in human shit, I'm not a happy bunny right now, Dogs are a PITA, It's totally beyond me why anyone would want one, It's been spending the last week barking every hour at night keeping us awake as well.

The wife just bought the dog home after a walk around the local park covered in human shit, I'm not a happy bunny right now, Dogs are a PITA, It's totally beyond me why anyone would want one, It's been spending the last week barking every hour at night keeping us awake as well.

As asked on Bookface - How can you tell it is Human shit?

Internet "Test your IQ" sites...

Mrs S's idea... she just got me to do a couple of online IQ tests for no particular reason - I didn't want to particularly because I think IQ tests are basically bunk and tell you nothing useful. But, to appease the missus, I googled for some and did the first couple of hits.

First one... Seemed straightforward, reasonably taxing (but standard) questions in a range of diciplines, 40 questions, on a timer... completed it quickly despite the half a bottle of wine, lateness of the hour and nipping off to let the dog out in the middle of the test (yeah, thats how seriously I was taking it) so obviously I was really eager to see my results.

First, it asked for my full name, address, home phone number and email address (so I lied)

Then it went through 10 screens of "enter your mobile number" special offers and text subscription services (all of which I skipped) before finally informing me that my IQ is 161 and therefore "exceptionally gifted" and on a par with Albert Einstein. Like I'm going to believe a bunch of scammers!

Second test, "mensa approved" (I could tell you a few things about mensa) was a load of pattern matching bollocks that frankly I found boring and wished was over. I was well chuffed that after 10 minutes of it, I was expected to input my mobile number so they can text me the result (at £1.50) and subscribe me to their "quiz" at £6 for 4 texts per week forever. So obviously, I shut the window and don't know how I scored on their poxy test.

I'm grumpy because it has been a while since I've seen such a blatent ego-pandering scam. I did the "free" Mensa test (advertized in Private eye 25 years ago) they told me I was a genius, eligible for membership, just send them £100 to sit the adjudicated test, and I can join their society (at £35 per year)... paying money to prove how smart I am just stikes me as dumb.

Internet "Test your IQ" sites...

First, it asked for my full name, address, home phone number and email address (so I lied)

David murphy? :lol::lol:

im grumpy, grumpy as feck :cry:

no internet access since 7pm last night

i miss out on 3 ebay auctions i wanted to bid on (and all three finished really cheap), couldnt read my PMs on a certain ford forum with the address & phone number for some spares i was due to collect at 9pm, or finish downloading the '70s film "No blade of grass" - poxy BT 'upgrading' the exchange without warning

rang BT to report the fault just before 8pm - recorded message; "we are sorry no one is available to take your call, ring back tomorrow"

and then when i rang bt broadband help desk thingy all i got was the engaged tone - what use is that?

and all this on my mobile phone

b'stards

edit: not just b'stards but lying b'strds - just read this on the beebnews site

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11656851

^^ and

Flickr's broke.

It won't give me the codes to post pictures here.

No Chile update for you lot tonight.

I have been having intermittent internet connection problems for a week, with increasing severity, with the phones being down too.

Spent ages last night after my son went to work, replacing the router, ripping out the internal phone network (don't use it since buying dect phones) in case that was the problem, rewired the BT main socket, noted a corroded resistor and thought I had nailed the problem. reconnected the new router but still nothing.

Got up this morning to find everything working except my Linux computer that is on an etherent wires link. Turned out to be the Ethernet extension to the new router (located a few yardst from the old one) plugged everything back into the old router and all is well.

Son comes in and informs me that it is on the news that a BT exchange in Edinbugger has been causing all sorts of mayhem throughout the sceptic isle :)