The grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Sounds like evasion of debts tactic....

A few years back they had a member of staff robbing them blind, and by the time they sussed it a big chunk of cash had gone. The tax man wanted his money and they didn't have it. Since then it's been all sorts of silly, director buying the assets from the administrators, then not paying up, everything owned by the mrs, bankruptcy, 4 or 5 variations on the company name. I do cross my fingers every time I send them money.

Saab goes in for Mot today. Not usually much of a problem there but it chooses THAT MOMENT to shit its steering rack an piss all of its fluid out into the testers pit. 
YOU FUCKING ARSEHOLE!
It gets better. My tame tester is ff for Christmas after tomorrow  so won't be able to do anything until the new year (he doesn't really do anything like this normally - he's more of a general service and MoT man and avoids more involved jobs. Okay, I'll try and get it over to my tame Saab wrangler then. Checks MoT to make sure the fail hasn't flagged up on the system.
IT FUCKING RAN OUT ON THE 7TH. I swear it was the end of the month. So now I have an immobile car that can't be repaired soon and will cost to get sorted. At Christmas. When I need the car. When I need the money.
FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK FUCK.

Needless to say, I'm a bit miffed (and reasonably stressed out about it).
Welcome to borrow my 9-3 for a while if it helps..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Driving home on the back roads as the bypass is fucked again, I suddenly hear a very loud aggressive sounding whistling... Some panic over the next few miles as it rose with speed, decreased with speed... Clutch and brakes didn't change the note. Steering felt fine. Dropped the windows incase it was the tyres, the works! 

I got into my head that it'll be alright, cars driving fine and just get home then have a look. 

Fucking Land rover 90 infront of me turned off the road 4 miles later and the noise stopped... 

22 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Driving home on the back roads as the bypass is fucked again, I suddenly hear a very loud aggressive sounding whistling... Some panic over the next few miles as it rose with speed, decreased with speed... Clutch and brakes didn't change the note. Steering felt fine. Dropped the windows incase it was the tyres, the works! 

I got into my head that it'll be alright, cars driving fine and just get home then have a look. 

Fucking Land rover 90 infront of me turned off the road 4 miles later and the noise stopped... 

I’ve done the same- what’s that smell? Is something burning / overheating /melting only for it to go away when the modern car in front turns off.

'Cos I am in horrible pain (slightly dramatic there David!) I didn't sleep at all last night. By 9:00a.m. this morning I had sorted out no1 son out as a member of the AA (for £2 a month as my joint member... which sounds dodgy!) done all the Christmas shopping online for delivery on Thursday, sorted out the requests for extra meds for both me and Phoebe for the Christmas period (which sounds like Tampax with tinsel) and sorted out a return of goods to the USA.

I felt properly productive. spent the rest of the day wondering what to do! I did consider cleaning the flat but dismissed the idea on the grounds that I'm not that bored yet!

Nope, no laundrette here! Mummy has offered her services though. 

But the above image shows my model number, but plugging it and the serial of the machine into the Hotpoint website shows all as being fine

Screenshot_20191217_193405_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.5d23cd6355d44a31bd7ae968a43cc31c.jpg

There's another site being bandied about by the media from indiset, but it's dead atm as their development team must be a pile of wank. I've flicked it off at the wall for now, will still use it tbh, although maybe when I'm home. Although the prospect of free washing is appealing... 

Calculated and agreed with my line manager at my previous employer, using the Bank's prescribed calculator that they owed me 2.5 days holiday as at my leaving date which I took.

However she left before I did and the horrible cunt that ran the department I used to work for and whom subsequently got a new role as head of my then current department (avoiding a deserved redundancy) wanted to recalculate all this but wouldn't tell me the outcome.

Got my P45 and final pay.

£38.

He's ripped my cunt for £570. FIVE HUNDERED AND SEVENTY QUID.

They were not content with making me redundant.

It's beyond fucking words.

36 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

Calculated and agreed with my line manager at my previous employer, using the Bank's prescribed calculator that they owed me 2.5 days holiday as at my leaving date which I took.

However she left before I did and the horrible cunt that ran the department I used to work for and whom subsequently got a new role as head of my then current department (avoiding a deserved redundancy) wanted to recalculate all this but wouldn't tell me the outcome.

Got my P45 and final pay.

£38.

He's ripped my cunt for £570. FIVE HUNDERED AND SEVENTY QUID.

They were not content with making me redundant.

It's beyond fucking words.

@chaseracer to the beige worker’s  phone please. 

Ps. That’s awful! My company would pay people to the end of the month regardless as it saves the bloody hassle.

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

Nope, no laundrette here! Mummy has offered her services though. 

But the above image shows my model number, but plugging it and the serial of the machine into the Hotpoint website shows all as being fine

Screenshot_20191217_193405_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.5d23cd6355d44a31bd7ae968a43cc31c.jpg

There's another site being bandied about by the media from indiset, but it's dead atm as their development team must be a pile of wank. I've flicked it off at the wall for now, will still use it tbh, although maybe when I'm home. Although the prospect of free washing is appealing... 

My machine is on that dreaded list too plus can't get on their site. Supposedly not meant to use machine at all! The wife says "that ain't going to happen!". It only took them a year to get to us to *modify the tumble dryer.

Won't be buying anything whirlpool/indesit/hoover ever again!

3 minutes ago, auntiemaryscanary said:

My machine is on that dreaded list too plus can't get on their site. Supposedly not meant to use machine at all! The wife says "that ain't going to happen!". It only took them a year to get to us to *modify the tumble dryer.

Won't be buying anything whirlpool/indesit/hoover ever again!

My hotpoint washing machine was new in Feb 2003.  I think If it was going to catch fire it would have done so by now. My landlords bought it new for me when I moved in in 2003, and I paid them £50 for it in 2010. 

Yea im still going to use it! I only do a load a week! Ill stop setting the timer so it washes and stops half an hour before I get home though... 

If I can get onto the list I'll register it. I'll also fire off an email to the letting agent as as a bit of a bonus it's not mine! I won't go shouting though, I'll ask if they've heard of it, and did they want to deal with it, or me, and also what the time line is for repair/replacement as it's part of my tenancy blah blah. 

I know it's been fine as I kicked the door in anger during a row with Amy and punched the lock into the machine. I lied to the agent and the bloke came round and opened the machine up and screwed it back in and it's been fine. Was apart 4 months back to replace the pump too. 

But if I take my washing round to mummy's I'll save leccy and water, and she hasn't stopped fucking going on about it, she'd be happier if I booted it into the garden now I think! 

why is it, that the interview for the job what i really wanted was a friggin' car crash, and the interview for the ob that i do not want, went really well.

well enough for them to offer me the bloody thing?

shit.

and why don't i want it? 

well its in Dudley, which is a fuckin' shit hole (even compared with Stockton or Hartlepool) and that its more than 4 hours drive from home.

i think i'll pass, thanks.....

30 minutes ago, MarvinsMom said:

why is it, that the interview for the job what i really wanted was a friggin' car crash, and the interview for the ob that i do not want, went really well.

well enough for them to offer me the bloody thing?

shit.

and why don't i want it? 

well its in Dudley, which is a fuckin' shit hole (even compared with Stockton or Hartlepool) and that its more than 4 hours drive from home.

i think i'll pass, thanks.....

You've always got the Black Country Living Museum though, that's worth a visit for the trolleybus alone...

3 minutes ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

You've always got the Black Country Living Museum though, that's worth a visit for the trolleybus alone...

the road signs also mentioned Dudley Zoo - i didn't realise it was a safari park type thing you drive your car through......

the chance of riding a trolleybus, i'm not sure that will compensate for been away from home, the other half and our kitty cat.!

plus the FiL is ailling, and SWMBO is having some medical issues of her own. another good reason why i don't want to be so far from home :-(

23 minutes ago, MarvinsMom said:

the road signs also mentioned Dudley Zoo - i didn't realise it was a safari park type thing you drive your car through......

the chance of riding a trolleybus, i'm not sure that will compensate for been away from home, the other half and our kitty cat.!

plus the FiL is ailling, and SWMBO is having some medical issues of her own. another good reason why i don't want to be so far from home :-(

When my folks were first married, they lived in Dudley over the road from the Living Museum (just after it had opened) and had good things to say about it.  Dudley Zoo circa 1981, however...

18 hours ago, Inspector Morose said:

Saab goes in for Mot today. Not usually much of a problem there but it chooses THAT MOMENT to shit its steering rack an piss all of its fluid out into the testers pit. 

YOU FUCKING ARSEHOLE!

It gets better. My tame tester is ff for Christmas after tomorrow  so won't be able to do anything until the new year (he doesn't really do anything like this normally - he's more of a general service and MoT man and avoids more involved jobs. Okay, I'll try and get it over to my tame Saab wrangler then. Checks MoT to make sure the fail hasn't flagged up on the system.

IT FUCKING RAN OUT ON THE 7TH. I swear it was the end of the month. So now I have an immobile car that can't be repaired soon and will cost to get sorted. At Christmas. When I need the car. When I need the money.

FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK FUCK.

Needless to say, I'm a bit miffed (and reasonably stressed out about it).

If you're local and gan canny you can lend my volvo.

Or (just noticed) @Floatylight's saab.

Looks like the oval track, go-kart facility and general motorsports venue Birmingham Wheels is set to be sold off to developers very soon. This is on top of several oval tracks and Shakespeare raceway drag strip that have fallen under the developers axe recently.

from what I’ve read the demise of Birmingham wheels has been especially underhand, the site is owned by Birmingham city council and leased to a charity set up by Birmingham city council called The Birmingham wheels company, over the past few years the Council has increased rent to an unsustainable level and is now attempting to evict BWC.... so the Council is evicting itself pretty much. There’s also a 98 year lease on the site which is seeming meaningless. 

The council have been trying to develop the site for around 20 years, using various creative methods to evict the tenants, this time they look like they might’ve got their wish. Many brown envelopes are possibly changing hands. 

Two independent studies have suggested they need to relocate the current activities to another council supplied site but obviously the council have told them to FRO regarding this.

Depressing.