The grumpy thread

outlaw118

6 hours ago, face said:

Highly adhesive stickers showing house number, plus some huge swastikas.

Make up a fake invoice (for naked housekeeping or something) and put in the bin; councils love playing sherlock with that shit.

On 12/12/2019 at 7:07 AM, paulplom said:

Bin gate continues. Council were working next door so had a few vans in the street. I had to park next to that insane woman's flat again. I let the dog out last night and she's put her bin out. It looks like its up against my van passenger door. It could almost be touching. Again I'm usually very jolly, calm and collected but this has made me very angry indeed.

What should I do?

1, Calmly pull the bin away.

2, Hammer throw it into the middle of the green.

3, Launch it through her sitting room window.

4 Put it in the van and dispose of it.

5, All of the above?

I'd like some advice please.

Has anyone suggested taking the wheels off?

Frantic texts from a chum of MrsDC's this morning, as the Bini diesel she bought in July (four years old, bought from a dealer, fully serviced at point of purchase) is now "making a clicking noise" from the engine.

Is there oil showing on the dipstick?

"No."

Is the oil warning light on?

"Yes, it's been on for a week - I've been meaning to put more in, but it's not like a week overdue should make a difference, should it?"

Um... on a 50 mile daily commute, then yes it would.

"Well that's just silly."

There's no easy way to tell someone they've terminally fucked their car (bought on credit, natch) is there?

2 hours ago, Datsuncog said:

Frantic texts from a chum of MrsDC's this morning, as the Bini diesel she bought in July (four years old, bought from a dealer, fully serviced at point of purchase) is now "making a clicking noise" from the engine.

Is there oil showing on the dipstick?

"No."

Is the oil warning light on?

"Yes, it's been on for a week - I've been meaning to put more in, but it's not like a week overdue should make a difference, should it?"

Um... on a 50 mile daily commute, then yes it would.

"Well that's just silly."

There's no easy way to tell someone they've terminally fucked their car (bought on credit, natch) is there?

Who's the dipstick now?

2 hours ago, Richard said:

And she'd be right, a four year old car shouldn't be burning oil. I can only think of one car I've had in the past 20 years that used any oil at all between changes.

Really? So if the oil light came on on your car you'd just carry on driving it because 'that's just silly' 

Lots of modern cars use oil, just like old cars do, to ignore it is just fucking stupid.

5 hours ago, LostnotFound said:

Crikey I get the fear when I see a warning light and I'm not on the hook for the cost of a newish car from the dealer if it goes tits up. 

I get a panic attack when the low fuel light comes on!

Had a BMW 1150 RS bike at work. From new it needed between three quarters and a litre of oil ever 500 miles.  No smoke, no leaks. It came with a sticker in the handbook to stick on the clocks that said "check oil every 500 miles".

At about 4000 miles, it stopped using any oil at all.

It was a shite thing though, hated by all the riders.

2 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

I don't know what was funnier, the keyboard explosion or the threats. Bad day to be a racist moron, by the look of things. 

(Nobody on here, obvs).

*Breaks politics rule*

Today is THE day to be a racist moron! :-)

What a fucking 24 hours. 

New upstairs neighbours are cunts. Very loud, playing music/blaring TV until midnight most nights. Last night they decided that 2.20am was a good time to do a wash load, so I was woken up by the spin cycle. Got up to have a cup of tea and I managed to spill it all over the coffee table. 

In the morning, sitting having a cuppa and decided to adjust the table - yeah, you guessed it. Spilt coffee all over the place. 

Fast forward to lunchtime, was at my son's school for Xmas lunch. Managed to knock over my cup of water and soak my chocolate cake as well as the table. 

Later on, while washing up, I managed to catapult a tray off the window sill containing some cleaning sprays and a small houseplant, thus filling the washing up bowl with soil. Took ages to clean up. 

Then to top things off, I read people on my for sale thread jokingly /seriously offering roffle money value for my car, which is frustrating as it doesn't work like that. I've paid the money to collect it, sold my car off cheap and it's my only car. Offering 10/20 quid for it is just insulting.

This,coupled with having one of the world's biggest anxiety attacks earlier, being extremely irritable and almost suicidal, is meaning I'm not in a good place. 

Got to buy a car for £2500 or thereabouts.  Mrs P wants a Mini R56, so I am hunting for a decent one.  

How hard can it be?  Went to see one today which apparently was “mint”.  Local car, careful lady owner etc.  For a start the outside was dirty but ok, it’s been raining.  The interior was filthy and dusty with grime on switches, etc.  The engine started with a squeal which even surprised the dealer who also looked concerned.  Probably just a fan belt but it sounded more serious.  One careful lady owner perhaps, not sure what the other three were and yes it was a local car - in Liverpool.  

The comprehensive service history was two stamps in the book, last in 2011.  What was odd was a 2009 car had its first two services done by a mobile mechanic rather than a Mini dealership.  Someone wasn’t worried about their warranty.  No sign of timing chain rattle though.

I tried to like it but the heavy clutch with an inch of movement killed it for me.  Needless to say I am looking at two others tomorrow.  One is a Cat N that only needed a new bumper (pics to prove apparently) and the other is a white one with a red leather interior to satisfy my ambition to have a wipe clean interior for serial killing.  Wish me luck!  

10 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Offering 10/20 quid for it is just insulting. 

This.  

Sorry you're having a shit day, I think the mental health of a significant proportion of the UK population is on a low ebb today for a few reasons.  

Also, I might take the Mickey a bit and have been frustrated when you picked the 306 up, but I still think you're mint.

4 minutes ago, New POD said:

For 2500 you could get a really good R53 but you are in shit territory with the r56, so you need to be lucky. 

I know.  I am sending pics of Suzuki Swifts but she’s not so keen.  Shame, I can’t think of a better sporty small car for the money. 

13 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

What a fucking 24 hours. 

New upstairs neighbours are cunts. Very loud, playing music/blaring TV until midnight most nights. Last night they decided that 2.20am was a good time to do a wash load, so I was woken up by the spin cycle. Got up to have a cup of tea and I managed to spill it all over the coffee table. 

In the morning, sitting having a cuppa and decided to adjust the table - yeah, you guessed it. Spilt coffee all over the place. 

Fast forward to lunchtime, was at my son's school for Xmas lunch. Managed to knock over my cup of water and soak my chocolate cake as well as the table. 

Later on, while washing up, I managed to catapult a tray off the window sill containing some cleaning sprays and a small houseplant, thus filling the washing up bowl with soil. Took ages to clean up. 

Then to top things off, I read people on my for sale thread jokingly /seriously offering roffle money value for my car, which is frustrating as it doesn't work like that. I've paid the money to collect it, sold my car off cheap and it's my only car. Offering 10/20 quid for it is just insulting.

This,coupled with having one of the world's biggest anxiety attacks earlier, being extremely irritable and almost suicidal, is meaning I'm not in a good place. 

I doubt very much anybody means it fella, nor intended any offence. Hope you get a better sleep tonight and have a better day tomorrow. 

46 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

Really? So if the oil light came on on your car you'd just carry on driving it because 'that's just silly' 

Lots of modern cars use oil, just like old cars do, to ignore it is just fucking stupid.

I would top it up, but that wouldn't stop it being a shit car. No car that has been built to an acceptable standard uses oil.