The grumpy thread

outlaw118

**FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS ALERT**

Come home. Need leccy. The electricity key is usually kept in an obvious place.  Can I find it? Of course not. How silly a suggestion that I should be able to find something after losing it. Not in the car, not in any of the clothes/jackets I've worn in the last few days. Nowhere.

So will have to pop out again, in the cold, to go a shop 3 miles away in the next town (because shop here closes at 7pm) to pickup a new key and drop some leccy on it.

I'm not surprised, simple things haven't been simple for a long time with me. Mind you, I suppose I'd take that over anything majorly going wrong i.e. a massive shit fan in one go.

42 minutes ago, New POD said:

Yeah. Probably. Being a dickhead isn't an exclusive club, that only a few people can join is it? 

No, you're right, it's full of people like you, too lazy to drive properly or think about the affects their actions have on others.

8 minutes ago, GBJ said:

No, you're right, it's full of people like you, too lazy to stop properly or think about the effects their actions have on others.

Edited for accuracy and correct use of words. I'm too lazy to be stationary properly 

And it has E-ffects not A-ffects.  

I haven't crashed since 2010 and have driven 250,000 miles in that time, so define properly.  

Mind you I've seen lots of crashes in my rear view mirror. 

Seriously though - Chill. 

2 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

**FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS ALERT**

Come home. Need leccy. The electricity key is usually kept in an obvious place.  Can I find it? Of course not. How silly a suggestion that I should be able to find something after losing it. Not in the car, not in any of the clothes/jackets I've worn in the last few days. Nowhere.

So will have to pop out again, in the cold, to go a shop 3 miles away in the next town (because shop here closes at 7pm) to pickup a new key and drop some leccy on it.

I'm not surprised, simple things haven't been simple for a long time with me. Mind you, I suppose I'd take that over anything majorly going wrong i.e. a massive shit fan in one go.

Well, further to this, I was given some credit on the key in the form of a code which would have helped me out.  The original key should have been in its place. The shop which are able to do this was shut. So I visited 3 places to try and redeem the code. Not one place knew how to do this. 

It seems shitty little annoyances are really chucking thier weight about right now.

56 minutes ago, SiC said:

I sit on the brakes at lights too. Why? Because I own an Audi with retina burning LED brake lights. So if someone pulls up too close, I can have a nosey on what they're doing in the rear view mirror. 

Yes, but we already know you're a dickhead.

9 minutes ago, GBJ said:

You're wrong (again).

He is right about that one.  'Effect' is the right word.

Affect and effect are easy to mix up. Here’s the short version of how to use affect vs. effect. Affect is usually a verb, and it means to impact or change. Effect is usually a noun, an effect is the result of a change.

/dickhead

1 minute ago, GBJ said:

Yes he is.

Things you do affect others. 

See this page: https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/affect-versus-effect

Particularly " New POD's grumpiness affected everyone else's mood last night".

Damn, I've just read my original post. Thought I wrote "how it affects" not "the affect".

I hate it when that happens.

8 hours ago, SiC said:

I sit on the brakes at lights too. Why? Because I own an Audi with retina burning LED brake lights. So if someone pulls up too close, I can have a nosey on what they're doing in the rear view mirror. 

Not when I'm dazzling you from behind, with my main beams on full, pointing at the sky because my van is overloaded.

7 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

Well, further to this, I was given some credit on the key in the form of a code which would have helped me out.  The original key should have been in its place. The shop which are able to do this was shut. So I visited 3 places to try and redeem the code. Not one place knew how to do this. 

It seems shitty little annoyances are really chucking thier weight about right now.

You need to get those meters taken out. They shaft you and overcharge compared to standard meters. Both gas and electric.

Can I have a parcel grump?

Hermes. 

Yes, I know, but I've used them before and they've been fine (or at least way better than parcelforce, which I appreciate is a low bar) and unlike DPD they have a parcel drop in walking distance. 

Next day delivery for my sisters birthday present doesn't get delivered, because 'road closure'. She lives on the A702 so it must be a pretty big one, right lads? The day after her birthday, they forge her signature and leave it outside her flat. Which is on the fucking High Street. Obviously by the time she gets home there's just a torn open cardboard box. 

Precisely how painful and frustrating is the Hermes complaints procedure going to be then? 

7 hours ago, paulplom said:

You need to get those meters taken out. They shaft you and overcharge compared to standard meters. Both gas and electric.

I actually came off the standard meter (quarterly billing) because they were charging me massive amounts. I took the key meyers because I have a bit more control over what I use and don't end up with massive bills. NPower have been less than helpful over the last 3 years. I am paying off a big bill that I have argued with them about.

Its winter now so the opportunity to extract more money out of me is happening. I'll be changing as soon as my bill is paid off but I can't honestly see anyone keeping thier prices low and really helping people out.

Road salting season is upon us! I saw signs on the M25 on Monday night, and looking at my car now it's gone from washed and clean to BLACK with mega speed dirt lines up the bonnet.

Might treat it to a quick wash one day soon, maybe when I'm off over Christmas.

But what prompted this was I ran out of screenwash shortly after leaving the house, and I must be using it subconsciously because I arrived at work barely able to see! Chucked a pint in to get me home when proper non freezing stuff can go in/ No end of shit being thrown up now,  this is it for the next 5 months