The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just a moan but open to suggestions.
Daughter had a new clutch fitted a few weeks back old one slipping.   After a bit she said it smelled of burning (the old one had too.
Took it back, presuming a dud release bearing.
It was the flywheel that had worn in the middle, leaving a narrow contact area around the circumference.
Unfortunately the garage owner went to India* the day I took it in. Dropped in a couple of days later and they showed me the flywheel and they were attempting to get a scrapyard replacement, which has proved to be difficult, the one thy did manage to get was too big.
Renault list them but can't supply them.   NFP.
Mister Auto seems to have some but probably not the right one, prices between £300 & £700 :(

Spoke to the garage owner, back from India and he has asked if I know of anyone who can skim the old clutch. I do know of one workshop near here, will try and contact them but have an unmissable appointment tomorrow, another day down the drain.
She is getting a bit agitated now, into the third week. At least she has a car from work.

*not Indian.

7 hours ago, xtriple said:

Got up to make a cuppa, yawned and my front tooth fell out! It had been a tad loose for a while, but not that loose... It's a reet bugger this getting old lark, things falling apart and now, dropping out without prior notice.

Just phoned a guy not far away and he's gonna have a look at sticking it back in, cement and a bit of plaster, possibly a few wood screws and it'll last e thru Christmas... I hope!

Could be worse, you could unwittingly have won a Vauxhall.

Oh.....

My grump is a first world problem. I usually work afternoons only, but had to get to work at the criminally unheard of time of 10.15am to attend a mandatory training session.

So not only was I dazed and confused getting up at (to me) silly o'clock (I normally fall out of my bed at around 10.30), I then had to clear up my cat's toilet explosions during the night which naturally evaded the litter tray, then I had to defrost the 620, which steadfastedly refused to even let me put the key in the door lock. Then driving into work, the low sun burned holes in my retinas.

Understandably my retort to my colleague's cheery good morning was a firm but fair 'Fuck off'.

Just been in getting the new tyres fitted to the Xantia...while this was being done I had a look around.

She also needs front pads soon, the exhaust has somehow escaped the rearmost hanger, and one of the rear discs is knackered (looks like the calipers are doing the dodgy alignment thing they're fond of on Xantias).

So that's probably going to be another hundred quid on the bill from BL later in the week...

To put my tooth to bed, Vision dental lab sorted out a new tooth onto my plate in two hours. Cost £40 but so what at least it filled the gap :) But, the cold weather has absolutely killed me today, my AS does not like cold weather and by the crin, it really didn't like today. Absolute bloody agony. Got home, tired and my left shoulder feels like its going to explode so many many Paracetamol (to go with the constant Fentanyl) and then a dose of morphine cos it just wasn't shifting it.

This is the first really cold day (and by 'up North' standards, mid summer) so I am not looking forward to the next few months.

15 hours ago, myglaren said:

Just a moan but open to suggestions.
Daughter had a new clutch fitted a few weeks back old one slipping.   After a bit she said it smelled of burning (the old one had too.
Took it back, presuming a dud release bearing.
It was the flywheel that had worn in the middle, leaving a narrow contact area around the circumference.
Unfortunately the garage owner went to India* the day I took it in. Dropped in a couple of days later and they showed me the flywheel and they were attempting to get a scrapyard replacement, which has proved to be difficult, the one thy did manage to get was too big.
Renault list them but can't supply them.   NFP.
Mister Auto seems to have some but probably not the right one, prices between £300 & £700 :(

Spoke to the garage owner, back from India and he has asked if I know of anyone who can skim the old clutch. I do know of one workshop near here, will try and contact them but have an unmissable appointment tomorrow, another day down the drain.
She is getting a bit agitated now, into the third week. At least she has a car from work.

*not Indian.

Should be able to skim the flywheel no problem, unless it has massive grooves in it. Quite common for racing, we've had a few done.

If it had massive grooves they should have seen it in the first place.

Today I am annoyed by procrastination.

If I hadnt decided to ignore that midly irritating tap since I changed the oil because the fucking picky car needs a different grade to stop it ticking when cold and its  pissing wet and below zero and excuse after excuse.....

Well, i wouldn't be sitting for a big yellow taxi an wondering where I put my spark plug thread repair kit.

After all, why do today what can be left to bite you on the arse tomorrow?

After a series of stupid questions, the final straw was 'were is Cheshire is it by bit of wales or somewere else' . Before I had the chance to leave the conversation, he'd sent me some random 'funny* video clip. This from a bloke who looks like he's probably in his sixties.

There's another fella who asked about a cycle was selling a few years ago and without fail every Christmas he sends me a random animated GIF thing. Harmless, but completely doolally.  

Ebay sellers. Ordered gear oil nov 5th for delivery 8/9th.

Arrived on the 19th. Refused to accept. Opened a case and eventually got refund. Lots of bad feedback for - you can guess - stuff arriving late or not at all. Should have read this first.

Won a sci fi collectable from a certain Gerry Anderson series - packing consisted of being wrapped in brown paper. Periscope and engine broken off.

For fucks sake.

3 minutes ago, Bren said:

Ebay sellers. Ordered gear oil nov 5th for delivery 8/9th.

Arrived on the 19th. Refused to accept. Opened a case and eventually got refund. Lots of bad feedback for - you can guess - stuff arriving late or not at all. Should have read this first.

Won a sci fi collectable from a certain Gerry Anderson series - packing consisted of being wrapped in brown paper. Periscope and engine broken off.

For fucks sake.

I'm waiting for 2 parts for a Miele that will give me £110ish, thought it would all arrive yesterday, nope. Today, nope... I'm running out of money, ruddy hermes/yodel,royal mail 2nd class

I'm deaf today.

I'm always deaf in one ear and wear a hearing aid in the other, I get ear  infections or wax build up which cocks up the hearing aid.

Today wax. Am using Olive Oil drops which will shift it in a day or two with a bit of luck.

Worst its been for ages though.

Phone keeps ringing, only know because the lights flashing.

I pick it up, and say I presume you are selling, but I'm totally deaf, If it's important ring me back and I'll get my next door neighbour to talk to you. 

They never ring back,

Scared rabbits who tap their brakes every time a car comes towards them in the dark. In town, 30mph, streetlights on. Oh, and now I've started, idiots who sit in traffic queues with their foot firmly planted on the brakes so their 50,000 brake LED's blind anyone behind them. You'd think handbrakes had never been invented.

1 hour ago, Mally said:

I'm deaf today.

I'm always deaf in one ear and wear a hearing aid in the other, I get ear  infections or wax build up which cocks up the hearing aid.

Today wax. Am using Olive Oil drops which will shift it in a day or two with a bit of luck.

Worst its been for ages though.

Phone keeps ringing, only know because the lights flashing.

I pick it up, and say I presume you are selling, but I'm totally deaf, If it's important ring me back and I'll get my next door neighbour to talk to you. 

They never ring back,

Not liked for the deafness, but for the call answer. I must remember that the next time the bank ring, looking for a kidney.