The grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 minute ago, I_am_Diesel said:

Work have sent me to Warminster for some upskilling/enlightenment.

Can I get a bacon and cheese burger in Morrisons cafe? Can I fuck.

The menu says I can you fucking morons.

Morrison Cafe has been awful since about February.  Been going downhill for the last couple of years.  I used to go there regularly for a treat.  Haven't bothered in months.

A boring post about commuting....

Birmingham on a Thursday ?

What happens? I mean really. I know that commuting into Birmingham is difficult enough at most times but today took the absolute piss. It seems that suddenly anyone who is anyone from the Midlands MUST decend into Birmingham whether they are there for 5 minutes or 5 days.

Getting out of Birmingham was no better. People don't seem that bothered/awake enough to advance in a forwardly fashion. Google Maps pissed me off twice; usually in the morning it redirects me to a faster route if current route gets blocked up, but today, it just couldn't be bothered adding 40 minutes onto my journey time. Google Maps has been fucked off now in favour of Waze which I know uses the same type of base programme but I reckon (hope) it'll be much more awake. 

Yet again for the third time in as many weeks I have been significantly late home due to mechanical failiures, none of which have been mine.

Can we have a special MOT for cars in Cheltenham and Gloucester that caters for shuddering sheds that will terminally shit themselves at the top of Crickely Hill in rush hour ?

After two hours of fucking hill starts I was tempted to park in the Air-Ballon car park, buy a lighter and set fire to a white Ford Fiesta that has pissed off a cast of thousands tonight.
Plod were sitting in a marked car to prevent such things happening.

1 hour ago, burraston2006 said:

Decided to do a PPI claim. Not expecting anything back but got a letter today saying yes we'll give you some money. The grump? I went bankrupt back in 2012 and have been discharged. Lloyds said they have sent the money to the Official Receiver. Bxstards. Looks like I won't see any of it. 

I used to do a lot of PPI , I'm sure the interest should come to you as opposed to any debtor ..................... may be wrong but worth checking !

1 hour ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Morrison Cafe has been awful since about February.  Been going downhill for the last couple of years.  I used to go there regularly for a treat.  Haven't bothered in months.

I went last Saturday after recalling they did a storming breakfast..........it was shite in every respect, Will stick with Wetherspons as they never disappoint brekky wise 

1 hour ago, Rovorsche said:

Can we have a special MOT for cars in Cheltenham and Gloucester that caters for shuddering sheds that will terminally shit themselves at the top of Crickely Hill in rush hour ?

That hill nearly killed my Honda Civic Mk7! Yes a Honda. A Honda that was 5 years old and had 60k on the clock. 

Ok yes it had a tiny coolant leak and the load up the hill while being at an angle caused it to nearly boil over. Got to max, lost all power. Slowed down and thankfully got power again. It boiled over going the other way a few days later and I stopped on the hatched markings where the lane merges. 

Pretty sure most accidents on that hill are from people running into the back of others crawling up or broken down. Lost count of the number of old VW Transporters crawling up it at 10 mph with worried people in the front. 

8 hours ago, omegod said:

I used to do a lot of PPI , I'm sure the interest should come to you as opposed to any debtor ..................... may be wrong but worth checking !

The 'man in the pub' thinks that as the PPI payments on the credit card were before the bankruptcy it counts as an asset, so even though I was discharged years ago so the OR can claim it. I'm going to call them later to find out what's what and see if there's anyway I can get the money. Fingers crossed!

This week so far...

Car 1 Monday: new battery £80.

Car 2 Tuesday: Mrs fills with diesel. £47. Car is petrol. £65 recovery. £55 breakdown cover. (The forecourt fuel pumps are 'confusing'. Apparently)

Car 1 Wednesday: Major service £230.

Car 2 Thursday: Car recovered to local garage for tank drain, fuel system purge and tank of unleaded. £370.

Friday: Cold Tesco's Value beans for tea.

2 hours ago, leafsprung said:

This week so far...

Car 1 Monday: new battery £80.

Car 2 Tuesday: Mrs fills with diesel. £47. Car is petrol. £65 recovery. £55 breakdown cover. (The forecourt fuel pumps are 'confusing'. Apparently)

Car 1 Wednesday: Major service £230.

Car 2 Thursday: Car recovered to local garage for tank drain, fuel system purge and tank of unleaded. £370.

Friday: Cold Tesco's Value beans for tea.

How did she manage to get the diesel pump nozzle into the petrol filler neck?

6 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

I think someone actually expects me to make a 460 mile round trip to drop a motorbike off to them for nothing. I've just quoted him £350.

I would quote £1.50 per mile, plus £40 an hour plus 1st class rail fare back. 

I was offered a job/contract this last week. 

Provisional offer says Ltd company rate.

I provisionally accepted pending contract being acceptable. 

Comes back with that they are checking because hiring manager thinks it's inside IR35. 

If this is the case the reduced income due to more tax is not the issue. 

My limited company has been employing my wife (who has ME) to do the books which has paid her National insurance stamp, ensuring she'll get a pension. And it has been paying into a pension for her. 

I will have to wind the company up. 

It's just loads of hassle.  I might end up winding up the company with it owing the HMRC money if I'm not careful. 

And this is all because of the changes to regulations in April which have loads of companies who employ contractors and freelancers on temporary contracts. 

It looks like there's not much else out there due to this and the brexshite effect, so don't know if this is a temporary blip or whether it's all going this way forever. 

I'll be talking with my accountant on Monday.