The grumpy thread

outlaw118

8 hours ago, omegod said:

Or bags of offal from the local abattoir 

A mate and I once pinched a large bag of offal from fridge behind a butchers shop once. Must have been 10 or 12 years old. We were chasing kids around pulling the tendons on chickens feet trying to grab them, playing tiggy with chicken heads etc. We dumped the bag at the top of my Grandmas garden. The smell from it a couple of weeks later was horrific.

i wouldn't recommend listening to Radio 4 at the best of times, not unless your politics match theirs....

anyhoo..... kerry bought a pair of second hand brake cables for the lexus, which have arrived, and are no good.

the bracket thing that goes into the backplate on the shorter cable is broken.

so that's £30 down the drain.

i've said that fucking thing shoulda gone over the bridge months ago.

oh, and as of this morning i'm now outta work. i guess it doesn't rain, it pours!

1 minute ago, MarvinsMom said:

i wouldn't recommend listening to Radio 4 at the best of times, not unless your politics match theirs....

anyhoo..... kerry bought a pair of second hand brake cables for the lexus, which have arrived, and are no good.

the bracket thing that goes into the backplate on the shorter cable is broken.

so that's £30 down the drain.

i've said that fucking thing shoulda gone over the bridge months ago.

oh, and i'm now outta work. i guess it doesn't rain, it pours!

So you're saying there could be a cheap LS400 available soon that just needs the handbrake cables sorted?

On 11/20/2019 at 7:18 PM, paulplom said:

Veiw from my front door. We live in a big cul de sac with a massive green outside and lots of big trees at the bottom. She's no fucking excuse really.85570c4e1e55252807643facce998913.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Wheel it down the road.
Park it next to a lamp post.
Apply a Burly D-Shackle bike lock between the handle and the lamp post, for best effect the night before bin day.

Plan B

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Waste-Sticker-Self-Adhesive-Sign/dp/B01A8MWCD2

£1.16 delivered

71F8WfMkgWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

On 11/20/2019 at 3:48 PM, paulplom said:

2 doors up who told me to shift my car the other day, has started to put her wheelie bin in the road to stop others parking there. Bear in mine the street is quite empty.
For some reason, that I can't quite put my finger on, this has made me very angry indeed. It's totally irrational but I want to launch her fucking bin through her fucking window. 7b533c5557d1ee9f3adaa8057d31302b.jpg

that is not legal

53 minutes ago, MarvinsMom said:

i wouldn't recommend listening to Radio 4 at the best of times, not unless your politics match theirs....!

Radio 4 comedy is generally quite good. That's really my only reason for tuning in. 

All the other radio stations are shite, and my car radios don't pick up any of the Irish stations.

My rock bottom car mojo was boosted considerably on Saturday when I paid a visit to my lovely friends @snagglepuss and @NorthernMonkey. One of the two coolant leaks on my AX were fixed and bits of engine were pulled off to make it growlier and (a very little bit) faster. All in all a very pleasant day and well worth the 530 miles to raise my deeply flagging spirits, both motoring and mentally.

I fixed the second coolant leak today and took the little French prick out for a celebratory bez round some country lanes. Which went well.

IMG_20191124_142615.thumb.jpg.83a325cf19e5772a2752de538f4f828c.jpg

IMG_20191124_142648.thumb.jpg.a97bbd10d3076cc51084694473fb6070.jpg

If my cars had balls I would currently be nursing a heavily bruised foot from kicking them there so much. I would happily drive them all off the nearest cliffs if I could but none of the fuckbags would manage to get there.

24 minutes ago, Bucketeer said:

My rock bottom car mojo was boosted considerably on Saturday when I paid a visit to my lovely friends @snagglepuss and @NorthernMonkey. One of the two coolant leaks on my AX were fixed and bits of engine were pulled off to make it growlier and (a very little bit) faster. All in all a very pleasant day and well worth the 530 miles to raise my deeply flagging spirits, both motoring and mentally.

I fixed the second coolant leak today and took the little French prick out for a celebratory bez round some country lanes. Which went well.

It's marking its territory! Just be glad it didn't try to do it against a lamp-post... :-)

On 11/20/2019 at 3:48 PM, paulplom said:

2 doors up who told me to shift my car the other day, has started to put her wheelie bin in the road to stop others parking there. Bear in mine the street is quite empty.
For some reason, that I can't quite put my finger on, this has made me very angry indeed. It's totally irrational but I want to launch her fucking bin through her fucking window. 7b533c5557d1ee9f3adaa8057d31302b.jpg

Cunt. I know where I'd be parking-EVERY SINGLE DAY. 

Where I used to live someone did that. I lost count of the number of times I 'accidentally' drove into their bin. 

My rock bottom car mojo was boosted considerably on Saturday when I paid a visit to my lovely friends [mention=3994]snagglepuss[/mention] and [mention=17519]NorthernMonkey[/mention]. One of the two coolant leaks on my AX were fixed and bits of engine were pulled off to make it growlier and (a very little bit) faster. All in all a very pleasant day and well worth the 530 miles to raise my deeply flagging spirits, both motoring and mentally.
IMG_20191124_142648.thumb.jpg.a97bbd10d3076cc51084694473fb6070.jpg
If my cars had balls I would currently be nursing a heavily bruised foot from kicking them there so much. I would happily drive them all off the nearest cliffs if I could but none of the fuckbags would manage to get there.
That sucks - remember the joy of driving it up here. Plus you have got your 0-60 to try

At least with your partly removed engine bay you must be able to see where that is from....

Anyway, I came here to rant, not reply.

LORRIES. Fucking lorries. Get off the fucking roads. I live near the Chunnel (adopts Peter Kay voice 'Remember when the channel tunnel was called the Chunnel? Ey? D'you remember that?'), so there's a lot of lorries on the local motorway. 

We don't shop in town centres anymore. The shops that remain in town centres don't need an artic to deliver their stock, because they're only little. Put freight back on the railways, and make retailers build their massive out of town shopping centres next to railway lines-and make them pay for the freight terminal to unload the trains. 

On 11/23/2019 at 12:36 PM, omegod said:

Bin stuff reminded me of a story, my mate used to do the bins on a rough estate and went to pull one, found it to be extremely heavy so lifted the lid expecting to find bricks or the like, he was very surprised to see a huge and very dead German Shepherd staring back at him. 

We used to have a food waste bin.  Guess where I put dead guinea pigs. 

The children never got to make little coffins and bury them in the garden. This is something that years from.now thier therapist will thank me for As it will pay for holidays and Christmas. 

Just for a change, it's raining.

I think that makes about three months of rain, not constant but every single fekkin' day at some point. The dogs are no longer talking to me as they feel like I am neglecting their mutual walking needs. It is proper getting me down. Possibly even grumpy...

Weekend in the Cotswolds, went by train, a total breeze (almost). These days I prefer to travel by train because using the motorways is stressful unless you want to partake in 90mph antics you feel like you're in everyone's way.. anyway the grump is that we breezed back to London yesterday, then through London in record time, then get the Greater Later Angrier train back to Southend, of course a bus service its Sunday!! That bus went the wrong way to top it off.  

I am genuinely done with living in this corner of the country  (S.E. Essex), constant bus replacement services on weekends and roads that seem to be chockablock for 18 hours of the day.

1 hour ago, xtriple said:

I think that makes about three months of rain, not constant but every single fekkin' day at some point. The dogs are no longer talking to me as they feel like I am neglecting their mutual walking needs. It is proper getting me down. Possibly even grumpy...

Have you considered moving somewhere sunny?

2 hours ago, xtriple said:

Try living in the lake district, it rains all year round, at least Torquay is nice for 6 months of the year usually.

Balls.

When I went down to Kent a week or so back to pick up the engine analyser I'm currently reviving I went over the Dartford Crossing both ways.

Sadly the evening after, when I was planning to get the toll paid, I dozed off.  Woke up in time to be three minutes late in paying it.

Email through from the van rental company this afternoon to tell me they've received a fine for it, and have charged me £40 for the privilege of passing my details on.  So I've the fun of waiting for that to arrive.

Why the fluffing Hell don't they give you seven days to pay the bloody thing if you must do it remotely?!?

Oh...because they make a tidy little profit from folks who don't have a computer in front of them every minute of the day, that's why.

Oh...and how about offering cardless payment options?  If they gave the option of paying through PayPal it would have been done from the forecourt of the next service station I saw...oh...yeah... because they want people to miss the deadline and have to pay the fines instead.

I've no problem with there being a toll...I happily use the M6 Toll regularly...but they way they are running the Dartford Crossing is blatantly being used as a licence to print money at the expense of folks who happen to have a vaguely busy life.  The idea of paying for it after the event is just foreign to my brain...tolls are something you pay at a barrier at the point of use of the road...which is why this keeps going out my head.  Last time round I got it paid with minutes to spare.

So in addition to the nearly £100 of diesel used by the piece of automotive excrement Sixt hired me for the trip (the Xantia would have used less fuel...and that's saying something!), That's going to be another £100 on it...So £70 van hire, £100 fuel, £50 for the item itself, and now £100 worth of fine...£320...Really not such a cheap eBay impulse buy any more!

Yet another reminder why I should probably just cut out driving until we hopefully move back out of this bloody horrible corner of the country as I'm obviously incapable of keeping track of nonsense like this.

I have a tag for the Runcorn Widnes river Mersey Crossing in 3 of our 4 cars. Automatic billing for the win. 

Although my daughter's idiot boyfriend drove over 4 times by mistake and didn't realise that I was paying for it. He thought it was free if you had a tag. Doh.