The grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

Turns out the fucker who verbally abused my daughter wasn't Gary from upstairs. I'm very pleased I didn't beast him. Next door there is an old couple who has a druggy alchy daughter who lives a fair bit away. It was her son, their grandson who visits once a month or so. He's in his late teens and obviously has lots of issues. He's a full on wanker and apparently was screaming at a taxi driver for being 5 minutes late soon after. I will be having a word the next time I see him.

I almost feel like apologising to Gary although he won't have a clue what I'm on about.

I was away ski-ing once. I went downstairs where we were staying to get my ski's only to find that my mate Paul had locked them up and buggered off with the key. 

I slowly waddle down the hill to the slopes and see Paul in all his ski-ing gear queuing to get on the lift. 

I go up to him and start having a right rant at him for being a dick and locking up my skis and the fact I've just had to walk all the way down the fucking hill and will now have to walk all the fucking way back up again, reiterating several times about what a cunt he is. 

Just as I'm finishing, out of the corner of my eye I see Paul about 20ft away, wearing exactly the same ski gear as this poor French guy whose just had some nutcase with a Keith Flint haircut screaming at him in English about for for the last couple of minutes. I've no idea if he understood a word of it or not. Hopefully not. 

Missed out on a decent looking,lengthy MOT'd MX5 Mk1 that had been mistakenly stuck in a very obscure/incorrect part of an auction site, someone got a £281 bargain and it wasn't me, I've given the seller a nudge to contact me if he get's messed about 

1 hour ago, omegod said:

Missed out on a decent looking,lengthy MOT'd MX5 Mk1 that had been mistakenly stuck in a very obscure/incorrect part of an auction site, someone got a £281 bargain and it wasn't me, I've given the seller a nudge to contact me if he get's messed about 

Wasn't that white one was it?

*Edit: It must have been, just seen what it ended up at. Offered him £375 last time round, which he declined. Was going to bid tonight, but waiting to hear back from someone about another motor so bottled it.

1 minute ago, omegod said:

When are you picking it up ya shitehawk ? ?  yeah white with arch extensions, looked pretty good for the price 

According to eBay it's already been despatched, so someone must have either paid, or collected quickly. Think that was (at least) it's third appearance, tbh was a bargain at £500, so £281 was a steal.

13 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

It's a split coolant hose on the CX sez Monsieur Loizou and, for good measure, it's not one that even CX-Basis list. It has a tapered section with branches going off.....

Samco could probably make one from scratch but that would take weeks.

Feck feck feck feckitty feck

I can see the unequal ends, but not the branches???

The bloody woman I told months ago that 'I really am NOT interested' is still pestering me. Mark came up today to have a 'quiet' word with me as she collared him yesterday to sound out how I feel about her! He did tell her but he reckons she 'ain't listening' and she really isn't. Thank God she doesn't know where I live!

Short of telling her to 'FUCK off!' what else can I do?

16 minutes ago, xtriple said:

The bloody woman I told months ago that 'I really am NOT interested' is still pestering me. Mark came up today to have a 'quiet' word with me as she collared him yesterday to sound out how I feel about her! He did tell her but he reckons she 'ain't listening' and she really isn't. Thank God she doesn't know where I live!

Short of telling her to 'FUCK off!' what else can I do?

Tell her you're gay?

Went to Liverpool for an interview with an agency for a specific job. All went well,  hours and money sound great, that'll do me. Passed on going to another two interviews for the same job in different areas on strength of it. Today was induction day, a 30 odd mile round trip. Gets there, very nice bloke from the company involved, but the hours are totally different to what's stated (half the amount, and every Saturday in) so jibbed that idea.

It was only part-time, just for a few weeks over Chrimbo.

2 doors up who told me to shift my car the other day, has started to put her wheelie bin in the road to stop others parking there. Bear in mine the street is quite empty.
For some reason, that I can't quite put my finger on, this has made me very angry indeed. It's totally irrational but I want to launch her fucking bin through her fucking window. 7b533c5557d1ee9f3adaa8057d31302b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, paulplom said:

2 doors up who told me to shift my car the other day, has started to put her wheelie bin in the road to stop others parking there. Bear in mine the street is quite empty.
For some reason, that I can't quite put my finger on, this has made me very angry indeed. It's totally irrational but I want to launch her fucking bin through her fucking window.

Sounds about right for a certain sort...

Viz_Meddlesome_Ratbag_Cones.thumb.png.8c2e455f1d57a3d8365c26b9ab414f4e.png

39 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Went to Liverpool for an interview with an agency for a specific job. All went well,  hours and money sound great, that'll do me. Passed on going to another two interviews for the same job in different areas on strength of it. Today was induction day, a 30 odd mile round trip. Gets there, very nice bloke from the company involved, but the hours are totally different to what's stated (half the amount, and every Saturday in) so jibbed that idea.

FFS.

Hoping you let the company bod know in no uncertain terms that their agency of choice has been utterly misrepresenting the job on offer, to make it sound significantly more appealing than it actually is.

I've been snared by this before; the agency are taking a gamble on you having no choice and just having to suck it up - while they still collect their fee, and quite likely a cut of your wages too.

I don't hate all agencies on principle, as I can see a need for the services they offer (and have been at both ends of the chain) - but, by cracky, they are severely overrepresented amongst the white-Audi-cabrio-on-finance brigade...

5 minutes ago, paulplom said:

For some reason, that I can't quite put my finger on, this has made me very angry indeed. It's totally irrational but I want to launch her fucking bin through her fucking window.

If she has a car, wait until she parks it close and chain her wheelie bin to the back of it.

9 minutes ago, paulplom said:

For some reason, that I can't quite put my finger on, this has made me very angry indeed. It's totally irrational but I want to launch her fucking bin through her fucking window. 7b533c5557d1ee9f3adaa8057d31302b.jpg

Keep nudging it down the street with your bumper  :mrgreen:

16 minutes ago, paulplom said:

Simply buy a Honda C90 and go chariot racing with her wheelie bin.

She's maybe forty and quite fit but a bit of an arrogant cunt and never speaks to anyone.
Her boyfriend is actually okay and I've had a bit crack with him now and then. He's punching above his weight, is just a yes man and puts up with her shit, baby sitting her young kids etc.
I haven't got the time of day for ignorant people. Manners and being polite cost nothing.
He was telling me they've ticked on their nissan puke. 4 years old on a 5 year plan. It's obviously more prescious than everyone elses vehicles.
They've just both pulled up and put the bin on the path. I'm standing at the gate smiling at them. They must think I'm nuts

That wheelie bin looks like it is obstructing the public highway - you could call the law.  My neighbour does the same thing, but it is an off street parking area and not on public land so I can do nothing about it.   She doesn't have a car, I have never parked in her space, which is next to mine, and wouldn't do so.  Yes it make me very cross.....