The grumpy thread

outlaw118

4 hours ago, bramz7 said:

Got a delivery email from Hermes about a camera I won on eBay. Sigh, ok.

So I arranged them to divert it to a neighbour. Email confirmation as well. 

Got an email today saying they had left it on my front porch. 

Check the Hermes app and it says it's not been delivered yet. 

I was really looking forward to that parcel too. 

Hermes took on the British leg of a parcel delivery from the United States. This contained two bottles of Prestone coolant flush,  which is currently unavailable anywhere in Britain. 

Come home to find a Hermes "sorry you were out" card claiming the parcel has been left in the porch. This is news to me as there is no porch in this house. No sign of parcel either. Groping about in the dark finally finds said parcel hidden near the CX, and the thing's been sitting in a puddle. The contents are mostly intact, except that one bottle is missing its cap and has leaked possibly due to being drop-kicked in transit.

Anyhow, a note to the US retailer to confirm arrival and state of parcel resulted in a partial refund!!

Hermes took on the British leg of a parcel delivery from the United States. This contained two bottles of Prestone coolant flush,  which is currently unavailable anywhere in Britain. 
Come home to find a Hermes "sorry you were out" card claiming the parcel has been left in the porch. This is news to me as there is no porch in this house. No sign of parcel either. Groping about in the dark finally finds said parcel hidden near the CX, and the thing's been sitting in a puddle. The contents are mostly intact, except that one bottle is missing its cap and has leaked possibly due to being drop-kicked in transit.
Anyhow, a note to the US retailer to confirm arrival and state of parcel resulted in a partial refund!!
Had similar with Hermes last week, card saying "Behind bins" but only one bin by the garage as bin day and no parcel, went online and said it had been signed for by a neighbour three doors down and named them, went to see him, no parcel and he's been out all day, he got a bit grumpy with me as obviously Hermes say he's got my parcel, eventually found them in the bush under the bay window, nowhere near a bin... Twats!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Nowhere near as bad as yodel who seem to leave any parcels within a mile radius. 

It was when I discovered that Yodel are part of the weirdo Barclay brothers' business empire that I realised why Yodel couriers are the way they are. 

416x416.jpg?background=000000&cropX1=331

Son arranged for collection of one of his downhill racers yesterday.  Bloke turns up right on time.

Message from them that it was delivered this afternoon and signed for by one of the family.

Smooth as glass.

Not Hermes or Yodel.  Something beginning with an "S" that I have never heard of.

9 hours ago, artdjones said:

Why are your insurance even involved in making decisions about this?If the other party's insurers are admitting liability then they have to put you back where you would have been if you hadn't been crashed into,which would include any early redemption penalties if the car was written off.

Have you talked to the finance company about this?,because it's their car,not yours,and as the owners they may be on your side in getting the best possible job done.

Exactly this. Just because they are offering less doesn't mean you lie down and take it. I wouldn't dream of involving my own insurers on this. I'd be boot the baws of the liable party's insurers until they covered all my reasonable losses. If they don't want to play ball then the solicitors get called in.

Exactly this. Just because they are offering less doesn't mean you lie down and take it. I wouldn't dream of involving my own insurers on this. I'd be boot the baws of the liable party's insurers until they covered all my reasonable losses. If they don't want to play ball then the solicitors get called in.
Did you take the legal cover with your insurance? If so I would ask to speak to a solicitor and get them to deal with it.

2 hours ago, Floatylight said:

Did you take the legal cover with your insurance? If so I would ask to speak to a solicitor and get them to deal with it.

I actually do have that and the solicitor is pursuing a claim on my behalf so that’s a decent idea to add to the claim.

Next problem is Mrs P will need another vehicle and as she is potentially returning to NZ next November she will need something to last for a year.  Cue a year of earache as to why she has to have a second hand Civic or Corolla when she used to have a lovely new Mini until I trashed it...

Hermes again. Not even worth an exclamation mark. Printed a receipt in the Parcel Shop (paid by card). Receipt not issued, parcel not delivered, so refunded buyer . Opened a case on Monday morning and received automated reply stating I should be contacted within 24 hours. Four days later and three further e-mails sent; still nothing, so I decide to try online chat (good luck in finding that) and am number 247 in the queue with a wait time of 57 minutes. 

To save you from the ordeal of trying to find how to contact them, support e-mail address is myhermessupport@hermes-europe.co.uk

Good luck.

Balls.

Just came to the conclusion that while we are in Livingston...the backpack which contains my medication (including antihistamines and antidepressants), all my clothing, my tablet, about half our chargers, deodorant...and probably a bunch of things I can't remember...is still in Milton Keynes.

I never did my usual full sweep through the house before we left because we were already running late and I didn't want to hold everyone up.

D'oh!

Well be an early start tomorrow to phone my GP to see if they can send a prescription through to a local pharmacy to get us an emergency supply...then going and buying a bunch of cheap clothes from Asda.

Rookie mistake Zel... you've been doing this for years, shouldn't be making stupid mistakes like that.

37 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Balls.

Just came to the conclusion that while we are in Livingston...the backpack which contains my medication (including antihistamines and antidepressants), all my clothing, my tablet, about half our chargers, deodorant...and probably a bunch of things I can't remember...is still in Milton Keynes.

I never did my usual full sweep through the house before we left because we were already running late and I didn't want to hold everyone up.

D'oh!

Well be an early start tomorrow to phone my GP to see if they can send a prescription through to a local pharmacy to get us an emergency supply...then going and buying a bunch of cheap clothes from Asda.

Rookie mistake Zel... you've been doing this for years, shouldn't be making stupid mistakes like that.

ok not quite on the same scale

but if it makes ya feel better when traveling up to carlisle for my sisters wedding, I realised too late that whoops forgot my wallet! 

thankfully I was with others so was not so critical, but not a good thing to do when your traveling 6 hours one way to the other end of the country!

On 11/13/2019 at 11:10 PM, myglaren said:

Son arranged for collection of one of his downhill racers yesterday.  Bloke turns up right on time.

Message from them that it was delivered this afternoon and signed for by one of the family.

Smooth as glass.

Not Hermes or Yodel.  Something beginning with an "S" that I have never heard of.

Shitely?

6 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

ok not quite on the same scale

but if it makes ya feel better when traveling up to carlisle for my sisters wedding, I realised too late that whoops forgot my wallet! 

thankfully I was with others so was not so critical, but not a good thing to do when your traveling 6 hours one way to the other end of the country!

I did have a good "Oh ****" moment one service station up the M1 as I didn't remember picking up my wallet and I'll need my ID for event registration tomorrow morning...luckily I had remembered to pick that up! 

If I hadn't I'd have been on my way back to MK to retrieve it right now!

The lad from upstairs indirectly had a proper go at my 7 year old daughter yesterday morning, while I was in the flat but my partner didn't tell me till I got in from work. Her reasoning being I would have fucking killed him and I'd be locked up now.

She'd let the dog out of the front garden and the dog had jumped up at him (he's too friendly for his own good and I'm training him not to do it). Que lots of swearing and shouting. 'for fucking hells sake, get your fucking bastard dog under fucking control etc.' He went on far too long and made a proper show of it. My partner heard the whole thing but didn't interact for fear of escalating it. She's quite a large lady and I would't fight her put it that way ?

I really want to grab him by the throat and squeeze till his eyes pop out and then give him a proper head butt, followed by a few stamps. This will get me into trouble though. Can anyone recommend how I can tell him how displeased I am without violence? I need to make sure he doesn't do it again. I know he abuses Natalie's kids upstairs (not sexually), he has massive anger issues and seems to be out of control. I'm not a big bloke but I'm very fit and a bit raw boned. He is very slender and a bit of a runt. He does have a decent job and leaves at 5.30 am every morning so catching him by himself isn't too big of an issue.

Another problem is, if he back answers I will kill him.

Big breath, count to ten.    I am a dog person. Please remember that not everyone is a dog person, our idea of friendly dog bounding up to say hello is some people's idea of "oh shit, what next". 

We all have to live together, 2 sides to every story etc.

Sometimes a " sorry about that" resolves a lot of neighbour hood problems..

Sorry about this, early morning sensible head on.

Sir Chocolate Teapot.

Having owed one dog (rip) I am no longer phased by a big dog.  We have friends with an under trained dog. I had occasion to pop in the other day and it jumped up. I immediately got it to sit and stay and said to my friend that I was buying her a selection of woodhouse books on dog training.

This is not a pop at you Paul.  

Most people train their dog to sit and them give up, and if your neighbour knew this he woukd know that 95 % of dogs would respond to a firm voice, and sit.

I reckon if went around and asked if he could help with the training.  That is you want to train him to sit when the front door rings, and would he help out for 10.mins by pressing the door bell, you might just might change the relationship between him and dogs 

Training is on going. I've got him to sit, beg, not to snatch etc. His jumping up is a problem I'm trying to sort out. He's just stupidly friendly. He even jumps up at us when we've been out. Like you said tell him to sit when he's excited and he will although begrudginly. A bad dog owner really is one of my pet hates.
To shout,acream and swear at a young girl isn't on.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Phoned our GP at 0800 (well...got through nearly 30 mins later when they eventually switched the phone on).  Is it relatively simple to get  an emergency short term prescription (as it used to be, had a new inhaler be dead out the box on holiday a few years ago)?  Nope!

They want me to find a local GP here and register there as a temporary patient, arrange an appointment with the duty doctor there and have them write me the script.

The GP locally has never heard of this, and say they can't register me there as I'm not a resident within their catchment area...and at the very least I would also need my passport or birth certificate with me in any case...neither of which I have on me.

Well a fine mess this is turning out to me.

7 minutes ago, mrbenn said:

How are you with flying? Looks like it would take just over an hour each way on the plane Edinburgh to Luton airport, plus another hour on the train...

Given how full this weekend is going to be, ain't happening.

Plus I fly regularly enough to know that "an hour flying" actually means four or five hours faffing around by the time you've got to the airport in time etc.

As I recall getting to MK from Luton by train is actually far more of a pain than it should be because of how the lines are arranged...that's why I wound up flying out of Birmingham last time, as getting to/from Luton was going to be a royal faff.  May well have been trains didn't start earlier enough as it was quite an early flight too.

3 hours ago, Sir Chocolate Teapot said:

Big breath, count to ten.    I am a dog person. Please remember that not everyone is a dog person, our idea of friendly dog bounding up to say hello is some people's idea of "oh shit, what next". 

We all have to live together, 2 sides to every story etc..

Even if you're not a dog person hurling verbal abuse at children isn't an acceptable reaction...

Personally I'd make sure he was aware of this in a calm manner but make it a abundantly clear that a second incident would be highly undesirable. For him.

33 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Given how full this weekend is going to be, ain't happening.

Plus I fly regularly enough to know that "an hour flying" actually means four or five hours faffing around by the time you've got to the airport in time etc.

As I recall getting to MK from Luton by train is actually far more of a pain than it should be because of how the lines are arranged...that's why I wound up flying out of Birmingham last time, as getting to/from Luton was going to be a royal faff.  May well have been trains didn't start earlier enough as it was quite an early flight too.

Yes, fair points.

I remember when I did something similar not so long ago. However, it was only two hours each way so not a big deal.

The last time someone had a go at my son (he was about 8 at the time) I went for the bastard with a hammer! I am not a fighter but I do have a good grasp on the use of tools so I am possibly not the right person to give advice! It is totally unacceptable to rant at a kid for something the dog did_ rant at me to your hearts content and I'll just stand and take it but...

With my sensible head on I'd agree with posters above and 'try' and have a calm word with him and be apologetic about the dog but warn him against abusing your (or any) child in future. If he tries to escalate it, then and only then, hit him with the biggest hammer you can find! When the police turn up to arrest you  for attempted murder just expalain that some random off the internet said it would be fine (it really won't) but the bloke wot said to do it does have 'mental health issues' ( a polite way of saying: 'He's fucking insane!').

Seriously, I know how infuriating it can be and is when some idiot has a go at an innocent but try to stay calm. It usually has a MUCH better outcome.