The grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 11/1/2019 at 10:21 AM, Kiltox said:

I have no idea how airports are getting away with this bull shit - it’s a complete racket. 

Liverpool has a camera van dishing out £100 fines if you stop on the approach road , it's £3  at the quick drop but the do have a free drop off which is only a 5 minute walk but nobody uses it 

Just now, Wack said:

Liverpool has a camera van dishing out £100 fines if you stop on the approach road , it's £3  at the quick drop but the do have a free drop off which is only a 5 minute walk but nobody uses it 

I guess fines for ignoring the rules and stopping wherever you see fit is fair game but when you hear of them fining people who stop at a petrol station and stuff like that it gets a bit ridiculous. Interesting that nobody uses the free option mind!

47 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Apart from being a capitalist bastard property baron, Kiltox has always seemed like a decent enough bloke to me.

He seems* less of a twat than me or billy, who is a proper mean son of a bitch. 

In the summer I was called up for Jury service in September, on the first day of waiting it was clear things were not as normal, it quickly went from being the usual few days to a couple of weeks to a big case which was likely to run until the end of January, it was made very clear that trying to be excused because you've got to work was not an option, me and 11 others were duly picked and we've spent the last 6 weeks hearing the prosecutor set out the case and heard from at least 10 witnesses, the case was against 5 individuals so there were at least 10 defence barristers, we were also made aware that this was a retrial. A week or so ago we were told we weren't needed for a few days while an issue needed to be looked into, we were then told yesterday that we needed at 2pm, we duly all filed in to be told the case was being abondoned for some obscure reason that couldn't be properly explained, so these 5 individuals will walk and chances are the case will never be heard again. So back to work today and back in the deep end.. daren't think of how much taxpayers money has been wasted... On the upside, got an interview for a new job..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

CBA to read the entire spat here because, frankly, life’s too short. But I would expect trader’s to see things from a trader’s perspective and buyers to see it the opposite. Perhaps Kiltox has “gone native” to an extent but agree with him: “Caveat Emptor” trumps everything in this game.

Everything. 

It's probably been fifteen years or so since I last got a mouthful of diesel when messing about trying to get dead buses and farm machinery going again.

I've just confirmed that it's precisely as unpleasant as I recalled.

Not as bad as petrol by a long shot in terms of the actual taste, but I know I'll be tasting it for fluffing hours...

On 11/1/2019 at 12:52 PM, iainrcz said:

Decided having a trim of the old beard was a good idea. Tidy it up for a funeral on Monday.

That, due to a couple of cock ups,  turned in to a complete removal. So I've gone from a luxurious, thick manly beard of numerous years of age, to looking 12 and having no chin.

Arse.

I did that, bought one of those Philip's beard trimmers with multiple length guides , did one side then took the guide off to clean it, got distracted and one sweep of the other side down to the skin , I tried to rescue it with a goatee but my wife called me Rolf all night so it had to go 

38 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

It's probably been fifteen years or so since I last got a mouthful of diesel when messing about trying to get dead buses and farm machinery going again.

I've just confirmed that it's precisely as unpleasant as I recalled.

Not as bad as petrol by a long shot in terms of the actual taste, but I know I'll be tasting it for fluffing hours...

I actually prefer the taste of petrol to diesel, although diesel doesn't sting your throat quite as much admittedly.

46 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

CBA to read the entire spat here because, frankly, life’s too short. But I would expect trader’s to see things from a trader’s perspective and buyers to see it the opposite. Perhaps Kiltox has “gone native” to an extent but agree with him: “Caveat Emptor” trumps everything in this game.

Everything. 

Indeed - caveat emptor hence asking questions and not getting into something that is potentially dangerous? Thought this was the point in the grumpy thread to have a moan.. 

2 hours ago, Wack said:

I did that, bought one of those Philip's beard trimmers with multiple length guides , did one side then took the guide off to clean it, got distracted and one sweep of the other side down to the skin , I tried to rescue it with a goatee but my wife called me Rolf all night so it had to go 

You were lucky,I did similar to my hair once,I don't have the right shaped head for a crew cut.

9 hours ago, jamiechod said:
13 hours ago, Kiltox said:

No* car has ever been written off for “a scuffed xxxxx”. Ever.   Anyone saying so is 99.9999% lying. 

*unless it’s worth about £500.  

not sure why you bothered arguing with them - you seem to buy and sell cars often enough to know exactly how the game works....

Sorry, no need to be a cunt about it, if you'd be happy taking your family in a car that's clearly been involved in a pretty serious smash without being disclosed, good for you. Seems like you know it all aswell, seller obviously thinking no one will look further into the fact it has a few grazes on the door when in fact it's had a serious smash involving a front arm that's been heavily modified from standard which clearly was part of the accident. what's with the snide comments about buying and selling, seems like you do aswell, is there a problem? 

I know nothing of any history between you two but didn't he initially agree with you? 

You said it wasn't written off for a scuff, he said  unless it's a £500 car then they never are. 

I'm not taking sides, I'm just a bit confused. 

Have I missed something? 

On reflection, it does seem I jumped the gun a bit with my replies, I am just like anyone else on here in this thread, Venting frustration, regardless of weather its a 'you should know better' or not scenario.

Im not on here to make enemies- just to share my love for cheap bangers like everyone else. Apologies for any offence caused .Ive deleted some posts which in hindsight are just me talking nonsense, It wasn't even Kiltox who mentioned about the private plate on another thread I posted. No harm done, i'll just go sit in the corner for a while :)

4 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Ugh. Deleting posts. Now that DOES make me grumpy. Whether by admin or poster, it ruins the flow of conversations and all context is lost. Either say it or don’t . 

Nothing has been deleted that ruins the flow. Quoted posts are still there etc, feel free to validate it. I've apologised for what I said, what more do people want! 

Jeez can't do nothing right round here! 

15 hours ago, Wack said:

Ah Ringo Star Airport. So named because the first place the Beatles went on thier escape from the city as soon as they had a hit. 

13 hours ago, iainrcz said:

Just got petrol and checked the tyre pressures.
3 out of 4 tyres because the machine fucking broke itself AND I dropped a valve cap.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

I was having a bad day a few months ago , I drive for a living and just lately I hate it , this day the job wasn't ready so I was an hour late , it was raining so I was wet as it's a pickup, I filled up with fuel and went to check the tyre pressures

I got out and looked where the valves were , unbefuckingleivable, all 4 valves were at 6 oclock

I started a bit of a rant , you wouldn't fucking believe that would be possible , all 4 at the bottom, looked up and a girl was having a right laugh at me

11 hours ago, New POD said:

Ah Ringo Star Airport. So named because the first place the Beatles went on thier escape from the city as soon as they had a hit. 

I like liverpool and I like scousers

I had an hour to kill waiting to pick my wife and daughter up from a show so went into subway 

It was 8pm on grand national day , 2 groups of scousers were having a loud conversation from one side to the other but it may as well have been in chinese , I could barely understand a word 

3 minutes ago, Wack said:

I like liverpool and I like scousers

I had an hour to kill waiting to pick my wife and daughter up from a show so went into subway 

It was 8pm on grand national day , 2 groups of scousers were having a loud conversation from one side to the other but it may as well have been in chinese , I could barely understand a word 

Apparently the fact that Southerners can understand me means I'm a posh Scouser. 

I would suggest that those that were moved out to the new towns of Skem, Runcorn and Winsford have had 50 years of trying to out Scouse each other.  Plus them in Birkenhead who seem to have stronger accents.  On the North side of Liverpool you tend to get a more lilting "Jimmy Tarbuck" accent.  South Liverpool, you might as well be listening to Latin. 

27 minutes ago, New POD said:

Apparently the fact that Southerners can understand me means I'm a posh Scouser. 

I would suggest that those that were moved out to the new towns of Skem, Runcorn and Winsford have had 50 years of trying to out Scouse each other.  Plus them in Birkenhead who seem to have stronger accents.  On the North side of Liverpool you tend to get a more lilting "Jimmy Tarbuck" accent.  South Liverpool, you might as well be listening to Latin. 

We went on that DUKW tour of liverpool, the guide held his own in the all scousers are funny stereotype , one part of the tour was about a famous cryptic crossword creator whod moved to New York but wanted to be buried in liverpool , it was quite a moving story he told , even giving us directions to his grave, six down and four across.

I don't know how funny he was when the DUKW sank in the middle of the dock a few months later though