The grumpy thread

outlaw118

12 minutes ago, barefoot said:

Or East Midlands, the first 35 seconds of parking is free, then it's £1 a minute - you should see the queues of folk trying to get out of short term parking. They fine folk £100 for dropping off or collecting from the petrol station, even if you buy petrol. 

Had that last week when coming back from Spain and was collected by family.  FOUR QUID to drive in and out of the pick-up area, and then they don't tell you where to pay so cars get abandoned all over the exit lanes.

Having spent all weekend with a sick Chester, I have spent the last two days with a sick Phoebe. when I say 'sick' I mean from the end that poos! The difference twixt Phoebe and Chester is: Chester will get to the door and start dancing, Phoebe farts and shits herself! Poor little lass. She is not and never has been, a 'dirty' dog and doing this upsets her greatly. It doesn't exactly cheer me up either :(  But still, can't tell her off as it's not her fault. I do enjoy spending quality time with a bucket of bleachy water and a sponge scrubbing carpets at 3, 5, 7 and 9:00a.m.

Also, the car has a leak. Not really surprising as the rain here has been torrential for the last couple of weeks solidly. It is a small leak as leaks go: just by the corner of the front widows, the odd drip but as there are speakers in that bit, I'd prefer it to remain dry, thank you! I have this wonder stuff called 'Gummi Pflegge' which is alleged to restore as new softness to door and window rubber seals. Great stuff apaprt from it has to be clean and DRY before you use it. This morning, I walked Chester and while everything was wet, the sky wasn't actually dropping anything and cars (apart from mine!) were drying rapidly. I thought it worth a try...

I did get all the door seals done and also the bootlid and while the doors were open for the stuff to dry, it started to rain. Ho-hum.

I also had a bust up in the vets, yet again. Once again we have a change of Phoebes drugs as there is a 'supply shortage'. The new stuff is considerably dearer than the old, but I predicted that to the assistant when she told me. Also found out they charge a £6 dispensing fee every time they renew her drugs. I found out because they charged me twice: once for the Carpreve and again for the new drug even though it was the same prescription. It was at that point I requested the boss vet come and  chat. They don't seem to give a shit about animals, it's all about getting as much money out of the owners as is humanly possible.

I do get a refund of the dispensing fee!

I also wish to fit my new boot spoiler, it needs to be dry and WARM so I reckon it will get fitted about June 2020.

19 hours ago, Wack said:

Thankfully that's it 

I'd like to thank the manufacturers of 400mg ibuprofen , the inventors of paste the wall wallpaper and a special mention to Steven Wilson for providing a soundtrack to stave off insanity during this job.

Is that the before picture, hideous, headache inducing wallpaper!!!! 

Now show us the after pictures ?

1 hour ago, Kiltox said:

I have no idea how airports are getting away with this bull shit - it’s a complete racket. 

It's because of Ryanair & the like charging ten bob for a flight around the world. The money has to come from somewhere.

When flight prices were realistic, the airport took their cut, everyone took a cut, there was free* food, cheap parking, complimentary blow jobs... Ah the golden age of aviation.

36 minutes ago, davehedgehog31 said:

Dogs and their owners. Just had some soaking wet slavering cunt jump up on me, which its owner thought was right funny. 

"Aw, he's just friendly" 

Aye, well I'm not, get it to fuck away from me. 

There's a cunt in my street like this. Howfing great golden retriever, lovely dog no doubt but the owner has no concept of the fact that not everyone likes them. He never has it on a lead and it runs all over the place.

One morning when my then 4 year old son and  I were in the drive washing the car it bounded up to him and pinned him against the fence. My son was screaming and so was my wife and the owner had the cheek to come into OUR property and tell us to calm down.

The poor dog was all confused as it just wanted to play but I nevertheless told the owner to fuck off and die.

28 minutes ago, davehedgehog31 said:

Dogs and their owners. Just had some soaking wet slavering cunt jump up on me, which its owner thought was right funny. 

"Aw, he's just friendly" 

Aye, well I'm not, get it to fuck away from me. 

This all day long, I really wish we could just shoot the bastards. Might as well do the dogs too while we're at it.

It's proper dog central round the back of ours, so you get to dodge dog shit over the path and boxers wandering around on their own jumping at you when you disturb them having a shit with the owner nowhere in sight. It's not great when you're an adult but why should my toddler not be allowed to walk safely along a footpath?  Over seven and a half thousand people hospitalised by dogs a year between 2015 and 2018, yet five thousand knife wounds a year and the country shits itself.

Being Stevenage you'd imagine it was Chavs but these are all middle aged cunts. Fuck you and your 'friendly' dogs.

24 minutes ago, barefoot said:

It's because of Ryanair & the like charging ten bob for a flight around the world. The money has to come from somewhere.

When flight prices were realistic, the airport took their cut, everyone took a cut, there was free* food, cheap parking, complimentary blow jobs... Ah the golden age of aviation.

Funny, just watched this earlier on:

Already knew the basic premise, but pretty interesting nonetheless. 

Why one of the very first things we made a huge point of teaching ours was that when out on a walk, they ignore anyone else they meet walking towards them etc.

Lead length is also kept appropriate so there's no chance of them doing something stupid.

Still doesn't stop people doing stupid nonsense though.  One of our dogs is a rescue who we adopted a couple of months ago and she's really nervous around people.  Has huge bloody great stickers all over her harness stating this...yet when people (not just kids) ask if they can pet my dog, me saying "Sorry, she's scared of people and needs her space" this seems to be interpreted as "sure, go ahead and bear hug her."

They then have a go at me if they get growled at and start going on about how I shouldn't be allowed out with such an aggressive dog.  What do you fscking expect her to do, she's scared to death.

Also other dog owners who don't speak dog piss me off.  Why is it that any dog with pointy ears who shows the slightest hint of exuberance is immediately labelled as "horrifically aggressive and wants to kill me and my dog!"

No you idiot...your dog is making all the signals to mine that they want to play...mine is responding in the same way.  Just being 50% husky he's loud about it, and there is zip that I or anyone can do about that.  Again, absolutely fine if we're just passing on the street, but if you let your dog on the end of its 100' lead get up in his face because you're a dozy git too busy catching up on Facebook to pay attention to what your dog's doing, what so you bloody expect?

Don't even get me started on folks who don't clean up after them, or let their dogs (especially when they have zero training for such situations) off lead in busy public places etc... it's such a shame that the idiots get us all tarred with the same brush.  Hard not to though when there are just so, so, so many of them...

11 hours ago, Crackers said:

I work for the green-coloured middle class supermarket that begins with W.

At work in the household cleaning aisle and some little kid decides it would be fun to make a fort out toilet roll bags. Inside the shelving fixture. Don't worry mate, I've definitely got time to go and tidy that display up once you've finished twatting about moving every single item on the shelf out of place. 

What about mum? Oh yeah, she's on the phone, watching him. She's a proper [supermarket beginning with W] mummy with all her most expensive 'athleisure' gear on to go grocery shopping, almost certainly drives a Range Rover Evoque on finance.

Little kid grins at me, doesn't anticipate the death stare from miserable beardy teenager he gets in return. Ha. 1-0 to Crackers.

Then mummy pipes up "Stop it Romeo, the [W-initialed supermarket] man will tell you off"... then proceeds to take pictures of the little sod in his bog roll mansion. 

"Romeo". Christ on a Shakespearean bicycle. Could have been sick down my apron. ??

Working in retail can be the ultimate shit, from rude cunstomers to idiots who think you should sell them stuff for less than it costs to buy. I used to run a petrol station attached to a large supermarket the number of times we had people yelling at us that we should re open after closing time as they need fuel, there was a 24hr station 200m up the fucking roads. The classic though was some miserable git went and complained in the main store as I was too happy in my job. 

Decided having a trim of the old beard was a good idea. Tidy it up for a funeral on Monday.

That, due to a couple of cock ups,  turned in to a complete removal. So I've gone from a luxurious, thick manly beard of numerous years of age, to looking 12 and having no chin.

Arse.

I did nearly that this time last year after a smoll incident with a fire which burnt like lighting the fluff on new socks - a wave of flame from my chin up my face, eyelashes, eyebrows, hair.  

I haven't trimmed or cut my beard since to make up for it.

Please do not knock dogs, ever. Dogs are fantastic. Their owners can be, utter twats though as can most humans. I love dogs, pretty much all dogs, people I can happily bury in a deep hole, fill it with petrol and apply a match. I don't like people.

Quiet day today , first job not until this evening.

Just as well!

image.thumb.jpeg.c342e940c187d8789955278bfe03a6e3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4ff16ff8cd6c6a38803830d8a23b9331.jpeg

Nothing missing, luckily I'd put the deadlocks on last night , don't usually but I double clicked for some reason.

Told the Old Bill, they're "filing the information, as there are no avenues to investigate" which is fair enough, I suppose.

Looked on eBay and found a window for £70 in Mill Hill about 50 miles away, so not too bad.

Luckily called into my mates workshop ( where our ML has resided for the last 2/3 weeks) on the way. He called Merc dealer and trade price for a new one -£ 60!! So went and picked one up

image.thumb.jpeg.5b761276846393b54f7051e736d45f46.jpeg

He said he was too busy but I could do it in the workshop and use his tools, I took his Zoe  to McDonald's to get breakfasts ( electric car not his Mrs).

When I got back, he'd almost finished, as apparently, " It's painful watching you fuck about with spanners" Charming!

image.thumb.jpeg.6497019c55553314e2f5e77c7cde2827.jpeg

So what started out as a major grump is sorted for £60 and 3 double sausage and egg meals.

I'm fucking grumpy. The other day I was in an area I hadn't driven in before and was forced to stop in a yellow box as the traffic stopped suddenly, no way I could have predicted it. Sure enough, I can see a camera and the letter has landed on the mat, £130 or £65 if I pay quickly. Don't know whether to bother submitting my dashcam footage as it may mean I loose the chance to "only" pay £65.

Last night, daughter is at a Halloween party and calls me much earlier than expected to come and help, as a 16 year old has got way too drunk, passed out and puked everywhere. On the way to pick her up, again in an area I'm not familiar with, I set a speed camera off. Now I do NOT knowingly speed, the road was 40 for some miles, and there was a 40 sign shortly after the camera - but appeared to be indicating a change to 40 rather than a repeater. I guess the limit changed for a short distance, and I missed it. Fuck sake.

Mrs Jetter bought groceries this morning from the wanna-be-middle-class orange supermarket that begins with S. (Or, J if you've over a certain age.)

No plastic bags for loose fruit/veg, but some smart mesh bags which she puts something inedible to me (probably apples) in. Feckers only charged her 30p for the bag. 30p??? That's Six Bob! Fortunately they tore off the cardboard tag with the bar-code so she won't have to pay again if she re-uses it.

(There is an economy-minded hint in there if anyone wishes to try it)

4 days off after 7 night shifts, which had gone by quite well and I'd managed to sleep enough and go to the gym enough. 

Today I feel rough as fuck. And I've been given overtime tomorrow which I'm regretting already. 

And my other half being terrible with money is constantly on my mind at the moment. 

18 hours ago, Rovorsche said:

Halloween is a thing, the egg attacks seem to have died out and now its just crowds of kids with watchful parents in tow door knocking to grab hand fulls of sweets.

I may have gone a bit OTT this year and staved off the grumpiness with a careful Amazon order.

With almost all the lights off and some sound activated ghosty things dangling behind me I opened the and growled "Trick or Treat" quite a bit tonight..... Just for effect the jaws open and close when you speak

48993324857_4e705d8bf7_z.jpg

Quite a few didn't want sweets anymore and just hid behind a parent.

I like this fella. He has style.

Well almost a month on from my accident and my Mini is now sitting in another yard awaiting assessment.  First yard declared it a write off but my insurer wants proof so I am sort of hoping the new yard says the same.  

Whilst insurance will cover everything if a repair is subsequently chosen, I was pissed that parts are missing from the car and more damage has been done to it during the initial repair process.  I can understand why the front wing now has a big crease in it where someone used a crowbar to get the smashed door opened up, but less pleased about having to inform the insurance as the new place can only repair what’s on their job sheet and the creased front wing wasn’t on it.  Also the floor mats have gone awol, one of the wheels is scratched up, and there is a scuff on the rear bumper.  Luckily insurance will cover it all, although I am still very concerned that yard one says it’s a write off because of structural damage, but yard two think it’s alright...

Yard two had a mark 2 Cortina and an Issigonis Mini in their yard which helped their case.  Plus their guy knows his shit so it is in good hands.

Fucking cars.  First really nice car I have ever had and a stupid cunt just wrecked it.  A month on I’m still at least a month away from getting it back if they do opt to repair it.  It’s just so much hassle and I am so upset about it.  That is all

6 hours ago, bunglebus said:

I'm fucking grumpy. The other day I was in an area I hadn't driven in before and was forced to stop in a yellow box as the traffic stopped suddenly, no way I could have predicted it. Sure enough, I can see a camera and the letter has landed on the mat, £130 or £65 if I pay quickly. Don't know whether to bother submitting my dashcam footage as it may mean I loose the chance to "only" pay £65.

Last night, daughter is at a Halloween party and calls me much earlier than expected to come and help, as a 16 year old has got way too drunk, passed out and puked everywhere. On the way to pick her up, again in an area I'm not familiar with, I set a speed camera off. Now I do NOT knowingly speed, the road was 40 for some miles, and there was a 40 sign shortly after the camera - but appeared to be indicating a change to 40 rather than a repeater. I guess the limit changed for a short distance, and I missed it. Fuck sake.

sounds like you need to check googly maps & dash cam to see how obvious the 30 sign is/isn't

10 hours ago, Alex66 said:

Working in retail can be the ultimate shit, from rude cunstomers to idiots who think you should sell them stuff for less than it costs to buy. I used to run a petrol station attached to a large supermarket the number of times we had people yelling at us that we should re open after closing time as they need fuel, there was a 24hr station 200m up the fucking roads. The classic though was some miserable git went and complained in the main store as I was too happy in my job. 

Retail has its ups and downs, for sure. My previous job in a small business was lovely except the pay, so I had to move on.

The Big Green W is horrifically understaffed at the moment, and a lot of the current staff have only been with us for a month of two so a lot more work gets put on the remaining longer-servers. I've had customers telling me they've noticed that the shelves seem half empty and we're missing a lot of popular lines at the moment; I can't deny that's true, but when there's 2 managers and 5 shopfloor staff trying to run an entire supermarket before all the evening guys arrive, and I'm visibly sweating my proverbial tits off running about trying to do my job and help customers, to have old retired folk tell me we're not doing well enough is a king-sized pisstake. 

3 hours ago, Kiltox said:

How are you keeping? Healing alright?

Yeah, physically no bother at all, on a bit of a downer as Mrs P is in New Zealand for three weeks so I am dealing with everything on my own.  

Started some therapy tonight as the black dog is hanging about and I would rather try and get to the bottom of the causes rather than munch away on tablets.  Pretty helpful actually so having taken the first step to sort my head out I am actually feeling a bit better already