The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Tiny wee hedgehog was crossing the road ahead of me a couple of days back but I didn't spot him until I was right on top of him - positioned the wheels to ensure minimum chance of squishiness and was relieved to check the RVM and the little critter still bimbling across the rest of the road - checked he made it...he did.

11 hours ago, xtriple said:

I broke my personal rule today about being rude to people,I told the bloke with 'Besse' the collie (no longer a) pup to piss off! I was attending to important stuff under the bonnet and he appears like a bad smell, complete with out of control dog who promptly jumped up the side of the car. Fortunatley, no scratches but a tad miffed, and even more so when it jumped up again and caught me right in the bo;;ox. The final straw was when I opened the car door and the dog jumped up the door itself.

He  didn't take it well

Tell him to fro. Nothing worse than a bad dog owner imo.

28 minutes ago, paulplom said:

Did they send the foxes to eat the rabbits perhaps? We need to send those cunts with bugles on horses over. 

I fear that if you do that they might breed like, er, inbred fuckwits and we might end up with a lot more cunts with bugles and horses than before. Probably the last thing the Aussies need!

15 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

I'd hate to hit any wildlife in my car and would be more concerned for their welfare than that of the motor.

I try to avoid running over frogs, which is difficult. Makes me sad when i think  I've squashed one.

Though I also hate it when people emergency brake on an A road for pheasants.

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

Did they send the foxes to eat the rabbits perhaps? We need to send those cunts with bugles on horses over. 

It was the cunts with bugles on horses that came here and brought the foxes with them so they had something to blow their bugles at.

1 hour ago, Tim_E said:

I try to avoid running over frogs, which is difficult. Makes me sad when i think  I've squashed one.

Though I also hate it when people emergency brake on an A road for pheasants.

Ah, we have lots of peasants not far from us. 

Since the Great Altcar hare coursing became illegal, they have diversified into breeding peasants and most end up in the wild. 

The trick is Not to get too close, to the car in front so that you are not surprised by emergency braking. 

The other trick is to aim the wheels at them because that way you get less bumper damage. 

1 hour ago, New POD said:

Ah, we have lots of peasants not far from us. 

Since the Great Altcar hare coursing became illegal, they have diversified into breeding peasants and most end up in the wild. 

The trick is Not to get too close, to the car in front so that you are not surprised by emergency braking. 

The other trick is to aim the wheels at them because that way you get less bumper damage. 

I'm fairly sure that, along with shooting Welshmen with an arrow from within Chester city walls, the intentional killing of peasants is now illegal ?

Right enough of this road kill bollocks.

My campervan was returned from Dormobile this morning. Although I've not had it up yet, the roof looks OK, but they've managed to rip the headlining! Does anyone have any advice on the best way forward? I have taken pictures this morning, and because I am a complete smart arse, I took photographs a fortnight ago before it went. The headlining is only about five years old, I paid a fortune for it to be fitted.

TIA

Energy Companies - How the fuck do these cunts get away with it? Unfathomable bills, sly changes of tariff and charging you for energy you haven't used. 

Scottish Power are without a doubt the worst organisation I have ever dealt with. I moved house previously and had a ridiculous balance in my account, their hopeless online portal has no option for refunds. They were literally uncontactable, you'd sit on hold for hours before they eventually just cut you off without speaking to anyone. Emails unanswered. The only way I eventually got it resolved was to hound them in public on Twitter, funnily enough it then got dealt with. They eventually refunded my balance (on a fucking cheque) but continued taking my direct debit, again utterly uncontactable so I cancelled the direct debit, eventually leading to a strike on my credit report. 

They can all get to fuck, the robbing, underhand cunts but there's a special place in hell for Scottish fucking Power. The reason for this rant is I've just moved house again, the account is with Scottish Power.... They've not improved in the intervening period. 

I hate Scottish Power, they're a terrible company to try and deal with. I've been trying to get their website to work well enough for me to enter meter readings for a week now.

My flat has these old fashioned night storage heaters which operate on a separate meter & tariff  to the daytime leccy, which no other energy supplier will touch without charging me two separate standing charges for, IE twice the bill, so I'm stuck with them for ever unless I spend £££thousands on a new electric heating system.

4 hours ago, davehedgehog31 said:

Energy Companies - How the fuck do these cunts get away with it? Unfathomable bills, sly changes of tariff and charging you for energy you haven't used. 

Scottish Power are without a doubt the worst organisation I have ever dealt with. I moved house previously and had a ridiculous balance in my account, their hopeless online portal has no option for refunds. They were literally uncontactable, you'd sit on hold for hours before they eventually just cut you off without speaking to anyone. Emails unanswered. The only way I eventually got it resolved was to hound them in public on Twitter, funnily enough it then got dealt with. They eventually refunded my balance (on a fucking cheque) but continued taking my direct debit, again utterly uncontactable so I cancelled the direct debit, eventually leading to a strike on my credit report. 

They can all get to fuck, the robbing, underhand cunts but there's a special place in hell for Scottish fucking Power. The reason for this rant is I've just moved house again, the account is with Scottish Power.... They've not improved in the intervening period. 

I now flatly refuse to pay my electricity by Direct Debit.  I have enough money to be able to "pay more" to reject DD and receive a bill every 3 months like it's 1978.  I also have a smart meter which, by and large, I'm a big fan of - mostly because our old Economy 7 meter was about 9 hours out and our cheap electricity came when the house was empty and nobody could use it.

I think Energy Companies will be the next PPI.  They really are shitehawks.

15 minutes ago, SierraMikeHotel said:

Car's in the garage. Boiler is awaiting repair. Dishwasher is awaiting repair. Electrician is booked to replace the last of the stupid MR16 ceiling lamps.

Will there ever be a time when nothing in the house is broken?

Why, are you broken as well? 

On 10/22/2019 at 3:57 PM, Cavcraft said:

I'd hate to hit any wildlife in my car and would be more concerned for their welfare than that of the motor.

I ran over a Squirrel once on my way to work, I know they are vermin but I like them.

Was most relieved when it wasn't there on my way home, Quiet country lane, it should have been,

Then I realised something had dragged it away and eaten it!

Just now, Mally said:

I ran over a grey Squirrel once on my way to work, I know they are vermin but I like them.

Was most relieved when it wasn't there on my way home, Quiet country lane, it should have been,

34 minutes ago, Mally said:

I ran over a Squirrel once on my way to work, I know they are vermin but I like them.

You became part of the Circleof Life.

4 hours ago, dean36014 said:

Please, for godsakes will someone fix this bloody website! I come on here less and less these days as it's just constantly giving up error messages. Why after all this time has it never been fixed?

Thanks for your regular donations to the site running costs - always much appreciated.

In other related news, we have a new technical admin in @tobyd, who will be diving into the server/Cloudflare issues and getting to the root of the 502 errors ASAP.  Massive appreciation to @Slartibartfast for all his fine efforts from the tech basement; enjoy LIFE™ off the Beige, but don't be a stranger :-)

4 hours ago, dean36014 said:

Please, for godsakes will someone fix this bloody website! I come on here less and less these days as it's just constantly giving up error messages. Why after all this time has it never been fixed?

Never had any error messages here.

1 hour ago, chaseracer said:

Thanks for your regular donations to the site running costs - always much appreciated.

In other related news, we have a new technical admin in @tobyd, who will be diving into the server/Cloudflare issues and getting to the root of the 502 errors ASAP.  Massive appreciation to @Slartibartfast for all his fine efforts from the tech basement; enjoy LIFE™ off the Beige, but don't be a stranger :-)

Actually I have in the past donated  to forum donations, a base Sierra, a Citroen bx MK1, Dave numbers. I tell you what please delete my account as it's attitudes like that are the reasons I come on here less. So long and thank you for all the fish.

8 hours ago, barefoot said:

Right enough of this road kill bollocks.

My campervan was returned from Dormobile this morning. Although I've not had it up yet, the roof looks OK, but they've managed to rip the headlining! Does anyone have any advice on the best way forward? I have taken pictures this morning, and because I am a complete smart arse, I took photographs a fortnight ago before it went. The headlining is only about five years old, I paid a fortune for it to be fitted.

TIA

As you claimed on your insurance they are paying I assume.

Therefore they are your first point of contact. Tell them what has happened and that you have photographic evidence, and see what they suggest.

I had a conservatory roof repaired under insurance. It fell down, I rang the insurance, who sent a different builder.