The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Took insurance out with IBuyEco many months ago, who are this tree hugging insurance branch who 'save the environment' by not sending out an insurance policy if you lose it (you have to pay for it). They're shite, no extras.

I hear ya, I really do.

Just found out my Insurance policy says that only the policy holder (My mum) can drive any other vehicle thats insured, which means I cant :evil: There never used to be shit, a few years ago I could drive any other vehicle even as a second named driver.

My Insurance company are also a large twat company with a 'green' name, but they are just like every other insurer. Robbing Bastards.

CO2 and Carbon are NOT interchangeable terms. They are two different things. The phrase "carbon emissions" is therefore completely meaningless, and it makes my head hurt every time I hear it used, and that's without thinking about the futile effort to control a harmless (and recycled) by product of life itself that the phrase embodies.

That is all.

+100. I thought I was the only person sad enough to get riled by this.

CO2 and Carbon are NOT interchangeable terms. They are two different things. The phrase "carbon emissions" is therefore completely meaningless, and it makes my head hurt every time I hear it used

If it were possible, I would be making the noises that a full house of MP's make during a rowdy Prime Ministers Question time when vehemently agreeing with something - you know the sheep orgy one.

Every "environmentalist" should be accompanied by a proper engineer, a proper chemist and a proper accountant (ideally an amateur one - they are the ones that seem to understand the value of cash, and the fact that it can actually run out), and have any statement, thought or idea vetted before being aired in public. And in the case of environmentalist Insurance, add a criminal lawyer.

An internet acquaintance joined the EDL a while ago. Predictably he claims they aren't racist. :?

Here is a Christmas card he got from the BNP. Education, education, education.

4172079021_d89786980d_z.jpg?zz=1

I get all the ranting against capitalism, but what's with the dog eating intro? Does it increase the impact of your political speech if you start off with an unrelated fact?

The Ancient Egyptians liked cats. No-one wants these recycling bins.

There is no atmosphere on Mars. VAT is a regressive tax.

Inuits do not celebrate Bonfire Night. Let's invade Iran.

In Soviet Russia, mountain skis down YOU! Re-introduce rolling road tax exemption.

CO2 and Carbon are NOT interchangeable terms. They are two different things. The phrase "carbon emissions" is therefore completely meaningless, and it makes my head hurt every time I hear it used, and that's without thinking about the futile effort to control a harmless (and recycled) by product of life itself that the phrase embodies.

That is all.

+100. I thought I was the only person sad enough to get riled by this.

Its the same with Carbon footprint, some tosser on another motoring forum claimed his brand new Prius is built in a Carbon neutral factory (Note he was using every argument to claim his car is the most environmentally friendly ever made, interesting that he only keeps his cars for a year before buying brand new ones again). Given that Carbon is in everything from soot to diamonds, I'd like to see a Carbon neutral factory since it's not from this universe.

I was forced to go to Morrison's today.... Quite happy on the sofa, drinking tea, surfing t'web was I. But no. Wife had better ideas. Ironing board cover.... desperately. Oh, and apples and bananas. So, off I trundle in her car, to get said urgent requirements. I always head for a space miles from the door. For good reason. Numerous soft headed octagenarian wankers in Toyota Aurissesssessses and smeggy Council Estate (but bought it off them just like me) dwelling multi-child bestowed snot gobbling mouth breathing fucktard imbecile breeding bubble blowing shell suit wearing arseholes in FUCKING PEOPLE CARRIERS taking up three spaces each, who seem to take forFUCKINGever to actually navigate their bloated vehicles into the oversized spaces provided for their benefit scrounging arses. Anyway. I got into the shop. Eventually. I headed through the "automatic" barriers that you have to shove to spur them on in a sort of "Huh? Oh, you want to come through" fashion. (A bit like the Sirius Cybernetics Company) when I was accosted by a "member" of staff. "You haven't got a trolley." (Well observed, thought I) And?.............. "Only you can't shop without a trolley." "What about a basket?" Says I. "That would be ok too" He said. So I disappeared a little way back, and snuck through a gap by the sandwich fridge. (Sneaky huh?) I went and got the fruit and ironing board cover. Went to the shortest queue, and waited for my turn to pay. It seems I had the slowest, most witless operative ever. However, she was pleasant to look at and appeared to have nice jugs.

Having paid for my meagre purchases, I was accosted further on my exit from the store. Charity stall.....Would you like to give etc? FUCK OFF! NO!

Went to the car, thenceforth unto the filling station. Chaos. Someone had decided they didn't want to stretch the extra length hose around the back of their car, so they reversed up to the pump. Only to have reversed the wrong side to the pump! Knobs. I found a vacant pump and got out of the car. Put fuel in, and was about to sally forth unto the place of payment..... The car driver behind was gesticulating to me to move forwards..... No, It stays there until I have paid. Having worked in a filling station, I know the drill about a car moving from the pumps before payment. Oooooh the looks I got when I returned. He had almost nuzzled up the the Wife's rear bumper in his "protest" against my action. I called him a wanker. His window WAS open. He sat there, dumbfounded. (At least I think he was, it may have been his natural demeanour) I eventually got into the car, put my belt on, started the engine, adjusted the mirror (twice) and slowly pulled away. He then stopped at the first pump, stopping everyone else from moving forwards. Knobcheese. I tghen came home, and an ambulance came from behind (ooer missus) I dutifully pulled over into a huge space, and NINE cars came past me without pulling in..... Do they look? Do they bollocks. I hope their balls turn square and fester at the edges. I look behind me. Grr.

And rest.

I'm not sure why the 'Porsche wheel' Astrat estate is so highly rated, it's full of similarly rubbish ideas, applied to a rubbish base, just done quite well.

I think, at the time, that it was done almost as a pastiche on the whole 'rat-look' scene, which was just starting to become mainstream enough to appear in barrymags. It's deliberately OTT in every way, and the owner was clearly just having fun while ripping the piss out of the scene whores at the same time. Unfortunately, the copycats failed to 'get' the car, and genuinely thought it was the gold standard that they should be aspiring to.

I personally think the boot was utterly fantastic, regardless of what car it might be in :mrgreen:

P.S. Mr_Ross, your rant was on a truly epic scale, my compliments. I've stolen a particularly exquisite piece for my signature :wink:

I was forced to go to Morrison's today.... when I was accosted by a "member" of staff. "You haven't got a trolley." (Well observed, thought I) And?.............. "Only you can't shop without a trolley.

Wow, Is this some sort of new policy in Morrisons? Never had that trouble, mind you I've only visited Morrisons in Shrewsbury, Wellington and recently Nottingham (Though didnt actually go into the main store)

I would have told the 'staff member' to fuck off, I've come into the establishment to spend money, not to be told I cant enter without a trolley/basket :?

Good quality rants on page 666...

We had the misfortune to end up in a Tesco today, for the first time in quite a while. I remember why now. Full of screaming kids, screaming adults screaming at their screaming kids, fat people standing in front of whatever it is you want to buy and then a melee for the tills. Won't be doing that again in a hurry! Tesco is basically like I imagine the green room to be on X Factor. Ugh!!

We usually shop at Co-op in the nearest small town. It's great, especially since a fuggin' Tesco opened in the same town. No need for it, but the Co-op is now empty of small minded dweebs and life is good! Shame we're moving away. Can we take the store with us?

Yo wobbler, be grateful you don't work on the checkouts and have to endure those people for several hours at a time (like some people) :(

At least I'm transferring to home shopping deliveries in a week or two so will get to drive a Merc Sprinter luton thing, go places I've never been before and spot loads of great new tat (hopefully). Also far less customers to deal with.

Sorry, this should be in the grin thread really :D

I only go to supermarkets to check out the car parks! No, but seriously, I once did some food shopping for my Mum and its the worst thing ever, I swear no one knows how to use the self service aisle, and how hard is it to understand how a queue works? I was here before you, so I should leave before you, thats all you need to know. I think they should put an item limit on the self service machines, people who take whole trolleyfulls seem to have a complete incompetence with them. Morrisons has the worst self service machines ever.

I feel sorry for the people working there, having to deal with fools and having their work threatened by these shouty machines. Although to be fair, in the three years since i first used one, they havent become that common.

Try to steer clear of supermarkets wherever possible. I tend to stick to local small shops.

The only supermarkets I frequent now are Aldi and Lidl; while they usually contain a fair few pikeys, at least I can scoot around without having to wait for dozing twats to move out of the way, plus I won't be financially sodomised at the tills. Tescos et al can suck my hairy pungent pendulous balls as far as I'm concerned.

Actually, I went into the local M&S food place for the first time today - yes it's bloody expensive but there was some quality totty in there, and some very nice wine, and the checkout staff have brains. Probably worth paying a visit now and then for a treat.

What about 'granny bags', or their bag for life things? Can't you put your shopping in them?

I prefer to walk to the shops than drive, it takes about the same time really by the time you've faffed in the car... and usually have one or some enfant terribles in tow - now have you tried to push a pram and wield a basket around the shop? Not easy without taking out peoples shins with either device. So you bung it in a soft bag or on the top of the pram till you get to the checkout.

Pete......... worryingly, as a Vegetarian, I find myself in total agreement with you :D

Yeah, I'm a vegetarian who hates all that eco rubbish.

I got accosted by a 'I'm here to help' bloke in B&Q at the doorway. "Did you find all you're after?" he asked, I thought 'I've just walked in the door, you've just watched me!' "Do you know what you're looking for?" He then asked if I needed a trolley.

This is all nice, but hey B&Q/Asda/Tesco, you've raped the small corner shops/independent shops with your aggressive marketing, stop trying to make amends with your fake personal marketing schemes.

ALSO, I'm sick of 20 year old police officers who haven't got a clue what they're doing, only being in the job so you can do 60 mph with the lights on through a busy Tesco car park, parking right in front of the door, and collecting a tracksuit clad scallywag. I miss the days of being punched in the stomach by a 60 year old PC for drunken vomiting on the train. :(

Yo wobbler, be grateful you don't work on the checkouts and have to endure those people for several hours at a time (like some people) :(

At least I'm transferring to home shopping deliveries in a week or two so will get to drive a Merc Sprinter luton thing, go places I've never been before and spot loads of great new tat (hopefully). Also far less customers to deal with.

Sorry, this should be in the grin thread really :D

thats what i do :D the merc lutons are a pile of shite and falling apart.... i like the modec electric vans they have... especially for creeping up on jaywalkers and blasting the horn at them... :evil:

Dealing with a COMPLETE DICKHEAD on another site where I am a moderator. Some twat decides that he doesnt like the way I posted up a car I found on ebay. He assumed it was me who was selling (Which he didnt make clear in his posts) when he ask where exactly the car was, when no one answered he bleated on about the location being a "secret" and being shared only by "privilaged members"

He did make an apology, but only to another member he accused of not saying where it was. He continued to bleat on about my post being "not clear" or whatever.

I wrote explaining the rules, his reply was childish accusing me of being like a schoolteacher/full of testosterone etc... then he tell me to grow up? :shock:

This morning I find a new post up about me, (though he didnt actually name me) complaining of the actions I took. He called me 'pathetic' Some of the other mods agreed that he was a prat, who went into a hissy fit, however, they suggested my tone could have been a little more diplomatic.

This is from a self-confessed 'newbie to forums' someone who has never before used forums.

What the fuck is wrong is people today?

The guy is a fucking twat.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Dealing with a COMPLETE DICKHEAD on another site where I am a moderator. Some twat decides that he doesnt like the way I posted up a car I found on ebay. He assumed it was me who was selling (Which he didnt make clear in his posts) when he ask where exactly the car was, when no one answered he bleated on about the location being a "secret" and being shared only by "privilaged members"

He did make an apology, but only to another member he accused of not saying where it was. He continued to bleat on about my post being "not clear" or whatever.

I wrote explaining the rules, his reply was childish accusing me of being like a schoolteacher/full of testosterone etc... then he tell me to grow up? :shock:

This is from a self-confessed 'newbie to forums' someone who has never before used forums.

What the fuck is wrong is people today?

The guy is a fucking twat.

Saw the whole incident, and I agree with you Mo. It's not as if it's the first or even the fiftieth you've advertised in that way.

ban the prick

that should teach him some manners

p.s. got a link?

i love to see newby fools making an arse of themselves

I would if I could, I'm only a mod though :( not an Admin.

Linky

There isnt really much to see as the thread has been modded slightly with some of his later childish posts and my responses being deleted after the site owner got involved.

THIS is the post I found this morning, originally it had been entitled "Pathetic moderation" and he had called me a pathetic person, which I edited out as I found it to be too personal and frankly pissed me off.

I have sent a restrained PM, I expect a tirade of abuse later on, just what I'm looking forward to :roll:

I always shop in supermarkets in weekday evenings, they are nice and quiet as all the mouth breathers are at home eating shit in front of X factor/strictly/stenders.

Popped into a Nissan dealership in Cambridge on Saturday (Marshalls, a shark infested row of multi franchise showrooms opposite the airfield) and was told by the bird on the desk that they (Nissan) no longer do brochures as they are 'environmentally' friendly . Is this true or just bollocks from this particular chain?

Told then my parents will be buying something from a manufacturer who can run to a bit of paper with some information about their £20,000 vehicles.