The grumpy thread

outlaw118

22 hours ago, Parky said:

I was definitely out for the count for a minute.  I remember the impact and the other driver knocking at my window but nothing in between.  It would have taken him at least a minute to park and get back over to me so I reckon I was either unconscious or stunned.  

My eldest son had similar, Stock car, but no matter.

He found that for a couple of months afterwards, he was slow in certain situations.

Normal life was fine, but in high power meetings he would still be thinking of a reply when three others had jumped in with an answer.

Before he was always first.  It came back, but he stopped racing as couldn't chance losing his job

You don't always realise the after effects.  Ask others how they see you.

10 minutes ago, SiC said:

Aaaaaand it's gone

Screenshot_20191007-202224_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3e8757087b62204c2da4310329db34d7.jpg

All because the mods don't seem to want to ban a single trouble maker that trolls and deliberately derails threads. 

Incidentally it's unlikely she'll read this post either as she never actually interacts with the main subject matter of this forum. 

Sadly, for the first time ever I was posting on that thread, wrote out a lengthy reply and hit submit and it was gone. Fukstiks! Incidentally, none of my reply was even remotely in accord or agreement with the Nicola H person. I am sad that my one chance to be banned or sanctioned has gone.

12 minutes ago, xtriple said:

Sadly, for the first time ever I was posting on that thread, wrote out a lengthy reply and hit submit and it was gone. Fukstiks! Incidentally, none of my reply was even remotely in accord or agreement with the Nicola H person. I am sad that my one chance to be banned or sanctioned has gone.

It’s still here...just been moved to the ‘politics etc’ sub-forum.

If you message a mod, you can be granted access ?

10 minutes ago, primeradoner said:

Given that we have just had  a LGBT thread  deleted I think it would be a bad idea to out anybody even a poxy cat

8 minutes ago, NorthernMonkey said:

Don’t tell me...it’s started to identify as a fucking Yorkshire Terrier?

Typo. For the record the cat is an annoying dickhead. Even the wife's getting fed up with it.

43 minutes ago, Nyphur said:

transphobia noun
trans·pho·bia | \ ˌtran(t)s-ˈfō-bē-ə  , ˌtranz-\
Definition of transphobia
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against people driving vehicles with an automatic transmission

So you’re saying that I should appeal my speeding fine on grounds of discrimination? :D 

13 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

I'm glad that you've come out of that relatively unscathed @Parky; could have been a hell of a lot worse. Keep us up to date and seek medical advice if you start to feel a bit wobbly again.

Meanwhile I noticed this while I was in the yard this morning

A full rainbow sprouting out of the freighter I was going to run up to a crew that had broken down.

Within 10 minutes I was puking and farting out fizzy gravy, then sent home. Rainbow must have been a bad omen.

Gah.

If there's a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow, there's a crock of shit right underneath this one.

9 hours ago, greengartside said:

The ST170 is definitely off.

I went over to the yard on Saturday morning. After a lengthy wait for the parts guy to finish what he was doing, I was greeted with this properly rude bloke who then proceeded to tell me that the car wouldn’t be sold as a whole. I then asked for some model-specific parts from that car. He then pointed to another ST170 and said he’d get them off that one. I then left after that. On the way out, I looked up at the ST170 and it still had the dealer plates that I put on it in 2004.

I’m after an ST170 estate really so if anyone knows of one going then I’d be interested.

Probably asked before, apologies if I have: Are you on the ST170 buying/selling page on Facebook? Every now and then one would turn up for sale and a couple were very fairly priced compared to others.

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

Probably asked before, apologies if I have: Are you on the ST170 buying/selling page on Facebook? Every now and then one would turn up for sale and a couple were very fairly priced compared to others.

No, I didn’t even know one existed! I’ll have a look now chief.

3 hours ago, HMC said:

I wish the threshold for thread deletion was higher. I had nothing meaningful to contribute to it but IMO the ultimate let it be approach would be not to post and see it drop off the page. Too far to delete IMO.

Jesus, how many times? It's. Not. Been. Deleted. It's just in the Secret Arguing Forum (no, not TDW). Ask a mod and they'll sort you access.

10 hours ago, SiC said:

Aaaaaand it's gone

Screenshot_20191007-202224_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3e8757087b62204c2da4310329db34d7.jpg

All because the mods don't seem to want to ban a single trouble maker that trolls and deliberately derails threads. 

Incidentally it's unlikely she'll read this post either as she never actually interacts with the main subject matter of this forum. 

As stated on the thread itself, and several hours in advance to stop people saying it had been whitewashed, the thread was moved to the less moderated private section of the forum so that the discussion could continue without it affecting the wider forum. Should you wish to have access to that part of the forum you only need to PM chaseracer or me and we will add you to it. The moderation of individuals who derail the thread is being dealt with. 

10 hours ago, HMC said:

I wish the threshold for thread deletion was higher. I had nothing meaningful to contribute to it but IMO the ultimate let it be approach would be not to post and see it drop off the page. Too far to delete IMO.

I totally agree, deleting it would be too far. And I would have loved to see the discussion flourish, but we had to deal with more reports in the last 48 hours than in the previous two months! Situations like this is why the ‘divisive topics’ section was set up in the first place to allow these discussions to continue rather than be deleted. Feel free to PM me to be added and you can continue the discussion. 

I totally agree, deleting it would be too far. And I would have loved to see the discussion flourish, but we had to deal with more reports in the last 48 hours than in the previous two months! Situations like this is why the ‘divisive topics’ section was set up in the first place to allow these discussions to continue rather than be deleted. Feel free to PM me to be added and you can continue the discussion. 

My thanks to[mention=207]chaseracer[/mention] and[mention=18217]brownnova[/mention] for having the patience to sort this out, it's a thankless task that just seems to put them in the firing line, certain individuals certainly seem to revel in wading into perfectly sensible discussions throwing buzzwords and accusations about then leaving the moderators to deal with the frustration of loads of others.

Personally a number of times I typed out responses within the thread having spent the last 15 years working for equality in and outside the workplace for those within marginalised groups whilst being a privileged straight white male, only to delete them as I knew individuals would start throwing accusations at me of I had used a word they didn't like, so didn't hit post. There was a telling post early on in the thread about "not having to listen to unwanted opinions" problem is this stance of my opinion is right and yours is unwanted just goes onto widen the divide rather than bridge it, we need to understand and engage with people's views, opinions and insecurities rather than shout them down for having an opinion, this will entrench opinions rather than educate or enlighten..

So thanks Dave & Alex, rather you than me...

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Northern Fucking Rail. Last week I turned up for a train to work four minutes before it was due to leave, only to find it had already left. I filled in my Delay Repay claim for an hour's delay (the next train), only to be told by these chiselling bastards that because the train left within 15 minutes of the published time I can FRO.

Their spectacular record for lateness is a matter of public record, but I seriously can't believe that even a shower of twats like Northern think it's OK for a train to leave up to 15 minutes before the published time! Oh well, it only takes a few seconds to submit the (useless) appeal, and then I can forward it onto the Ombudsman, and they've over-ruled Northern every time I've referred anything to them.

1 hour ago, Floatylight said:

..., certain individuals certainly seem to revel in wading into perfectly sensible discussions throwing buzzwords and accusations about....

Yes, it sounded like the result of going on a three-day residential course aiming to increase the use of corporate / management bollocks. 

Hard to know what you're moaning about, tbh.  I'm going to combine my interests of taxidermy and bomb making and make you an otter you can't defuse.