The grumpy thread

outlaw118

5 hours ago, Parky said:

Well I am back from Basildon Hospital having spent five hours on a spinal board.  I was advised to have someone check me over as my vision was becoming blurry, I felt sick, and my head had walloped the side of the car so I had a splitting headache,  

Initial once over suggested I had some neck damage so being better safe than sorry they assumed a spinal fracture.  CT scan revealed soft tissue damage but importantly nothing cracked and no damage to my skull.  I am going to be very sore tomorrow for sure.  

I think the focus was being driven like an arsehole.  They guy tried to convince me there must have been diesel on the road (there wasn’t) as I asked him how come every other fucker is getting through there ok.  I was going to look at his tyres but in amongst the shock, Mini Central calling me every 30 seconds and the Police being unhelpful as the traffic built up I didn’t get round to it.  What’s good is he admitted liability at the scene, his insurers called me to admit full liability and confirmed that in writing and the car is being collected by them for repair tomorrow.  They are also delivering a courtesy car at 10am so full marks to Privelege.  ESure claims don’t work Sundays so my insurer has been as useful as a chocolate fire guard so far.  

Privilege also encouraged me to make a personal injury claim.  I may do this as Mrs P will be home in two hours and is going to rip my balls off....

I was definitely out for the count for a minute.  I remember the impact and the other driver knocking at my window but nothing in between.  It would have taken him at least a minute to park and get back over to me so I reckon I was either unconscious or stunned.  I do think I was lucky to be in a modern rather than an old Starlet or similar as I probably would have spent much longer in the hospital

Privilege are encouraging you to make a injury claim as it means they pay you £x, rather than paying you £x AND a solicitor ££££y. They might even pay you £x + a bit more, to ensure you don't go to a solicitor.

It also means a solicitor won't be taking z% of your £x-they do that now, filthy bastards. 

Don't put an order in for a Ferrari yet though, whiplash isn't the golden egg it used to be; however, it sounds pretty certain you've hit your head and lost consciousness, so may well have a subtle brain injury-the hurty neck doctor Privilege initially send you to should pick up on that and suggest you see someone else too. 

I'm glad that you've come out of that relatively unscathed @Parky; could have been a hell of a lot worse. Keep us up to date and seek medical advice if you start to feel a bit wobbly again.

Meanwhile I noticed this while I was in the yard this morning

IMG_7922.thumb.JPG.6f1a9819a60322959c18792f8326730f.JPG

A full rainbow sprouting out of the freighter I was going to run up to a crew that had broken down.

Within 10 minutes I was puking and farting out fizzy gravy, then sent home. Rainbow must have been a bad omen.

Gah.

9 hours ago, robinmasters said:

Privilege are encouraging you to make a injury claim as it means they pay you £x, rather than paying you £x AND a solicitor ££££y. They might even pay you £x + a bit more, to ensure you don't go to a solicitor.

It also means a solicitor won't be taking z% of your £x-they do that now, filthy bastards. 

Don't put an order in for a Ferrari yet though, whiplash isn't the golden egg it used to be; however, it sounds pretty certain you've hit your head and lost consciousness, so may well have a subtle brain injury-the hurty neck doctor Privilege initially send you to should pick up on that and suggest you see someone else too. 

If nothing else it will start a medical paper trail in case anything happens 6 months/a year down the line.....

The ST170 is definitely off.

I went over to the yard on Saturday morning. After a lengthy wait for the parts guy to finish what he was doing, I was greeted with this properly rude bloke who then proceeded to tell me that the car wouldn’t be sold as a whole. I then asked for some model-specific parts from that car. He then pointed to another ST170 and said he’d get them off that one. I then left after that. On the way out, I looked up at the ST170 and it still had the dealer plates that I put on it in 2004.

I’m after an ST170 estate really so if anyone knows of one going then I’d be interested.

5 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

@Parky

Within 10 minutes I was puking and farting out fizzy gravy, then sent home. Rainbow must have been a bad omen.

Gah.

I was the same all last night. So was Mrs Imp, so we were 5 minute taking turns in the bathroom before getting kicked out so that the other could start ralphing loudly. Thank god Imp jr was not affected as I'm not sure how I'd have coped, might've had to put him in care or something.

Getting him to school this morning was an epic task. 

I've just sat on the sofa all day watching shit 70s and 80s tv programmes. TJ Hooker was fucking awful wasn't it. 

22 hours ago, Parky said:

I was definitely out for the count for a minute.  I remember the impact and the other driver knocking at my window but nothing in between.  It would have taken him at least a minute to park and get back over to me so I reckon I was either unconscious or stunned.  

My eldest son had similar, Stock car, but no matter.

He found that for a couple of months afterwards, he was slow in certain situations.

Normal life was fine, but in high power meetings he would still be thinking of a reply when three others had jumped in with an answer.

Before he was always first.  It came back, but he stopped racing as couldn't chance losing his job

You don't always realise the after effects.  Ask others how they see you.

10 minutes ago, SiC said:

Aaaaaand it's gone

Screenshot_20191007-202224_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3e8757087b62204c2da4310329db34d7.jpg

All because the mods don't seem to want to ban a single trouble maker that trolls and deliberately derails threads. 

Incidentally it's unlikely she'll read this post either as she never actually interacts with the main subject matter of this forum. 

Sadly, for the first time ever I was posting on that thread, wrote out a lengthy reply and hit submit and it was gone. Fukstiks! Incidentally, none of my reply was even remotely in accord or agreement with the Nicola H person. I am sad that my one chance to be banned or sanctioned has gone.

12 minutes ago, xtriple said:

Sadly, for the first time ever I was posting on that thread, wrote out a lengthy reply and hit submit and it was gone. Fukstiks! Incidentally, none of my reply was even remotely in accord or agreement with the Nicola H person. I am sad that my one chance to be banned or sanctioned has gone.

It’s still here...just been moved to the ‘politics etc’ sub-forum.

If you message a mod, you can be granted access ?

10 minutes ago, primeradoner said:

Given that we have just had  a LGBT thread  deleted I think it would be a bad idea to out anybody even a poxy cat

8 minutes ago, NorthernMonkey said:

Don’t tell me...it’s started to identify as a fucking Yorkshire Terrier?

Typo. For the record the cat is an annoying dickhead. Even the wife's getting fed up with it.

43 minutes ago, Nyphur said:

transphobia noun
trans·pho·bia | \ ˌtran(t)s-ˈfō-bē-ə  , ˌtranz-\
Definition of transphobia
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against people driving vehicles with an automatic transmission

So you’re saying that I should appeal my speeding fine on grounds of discrimination? :D 

13 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

I'm glad that you've come out of that relatively unscathed @Parky; could have been a hell of a lot worse. Keep us up to date and seek medical advice if you start to feel a bit wobbly again.

Meanwhile I noticed this while I was in the yard this morning

A full rainbow sprouting out of the freighter I was going to run up to a crew that had broken down.

Gah.

If there's a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow, there's a crock of shit right underneath this one.

9 hours ago, greengartside said:

The ST170 is definitely off.

I went over to the yard on Saturday morning. After a lengthy wait for the parts guy to finish what he was doing, I was greeted with this properly rude bloke who then proceeded to tell me that the car wouldn’t be sold as a whole. I then asked for some model-specific parts from that car. He then pointed to another ST170 and said he’d get them off that one. I then left after that. On the way out, I looked up at the ST170 and it still had the dealer plates that I put on it in 2004.

I’m after an ST170 estate really so if anyone knows of one going then I’d be interested.

Probably asked before, apologies if I have: Are you on the ST170 buying/selling page on Facebook? Every now and then one would turn up for sale and a couple were very fairly priced compared to others.

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

Probably asked before, apologies if I have: Are you on the ST170 buying/selling page on Facebook? Every now and then one would turn up for sale and a couple were very fairly priced compared to others.

No, I didn’t even know one existed! I’ll have a look now chief.

3 hours ago, HMC said:

I wish the threshold for thread deletion was higher. I had nothing meaningful to contribute to it but IMO the ultimate let it be approach would be not to post and see it drop off the page. Too far to delete IMO.

Jesus, how many times? It's. Not. Been. Deleted. It's just in the Secret Arguing Forum (no, not TDW). Ask a mod and they'll sort you access.