The grumpy thread

outlaw118

2 hours ago, Timewaster said:

Got in to work today to find out that one of our colleagues has died over the weekend.

That's two in two weeks.

Both had been in pretty poor health for a while but it is still a bit of a shock. :-(

Someone I was working with was attacked by a gang in a nasty part of stoke and has been on a life support machine, for 4 weekd now and another bloke, who is in maintenance and i found out was buying the house next door to me, had a car crash last week and apparently it's life changing. Put my problems into perspective. 

Work have screwed up my wages again.  My payrise wasn't put through last month - I was told that this was because it wasn't submitted in time to be processed before the cut-off date for payroll.  I was assured that it would be put through for this month, and I would also get the extra bit that I should have been paid last month.  Neither of those things has happened.  Which means it's going to be a bit of a tight month.  I'm just going to have to keep my fingers crossed that the LDV doesn't need a load spending on it for an MOT, or I can see the credit card taking a battering.

Window got smashed at work today, so a member of staff ended up getting flying glass hitting her in the head and cutting her open.

Cue me taking her to minor injuries after making witness statements (potential criminal damage), etc. and sitting with her for an hour and a half, waiting for her to have the cut glued shut.  All fine but the maintenance staff were very bloody surprised - as were we all.

Someone threw an apple at the window...

Just now, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Window got smashed at work today, so a member of staff ended up getting flying glass hitting her in the head and cutting her open.

Cue me taking her to minor injuries after making witness statements (potential criminal damage), etc. and sitting with her for an hour and a half, waiting for her to have the cut glued shut.  All fine but the maintenance staff were very bloody surprised.

Someone threw an apple at the window...

How old was the glass? I did my hand in last week by merely pushing on a 100-year-old casement window. Fortunately the glass at the top was thin (because old) and that's where I was pushing.

3 minutes ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Very, very old.  Probably about 100 years.  It's only that side of the building that's not had new windows put in and they're long overdue.  The apple that broke the window was all over the floor though, so it had obviously been thrown with some force...

Interesting. In the same building, someone threw a tennis ball through a window of the same age. Just seems glass becomes very fragile when it gets this old...

Poor girl in work has her parked car rammed today in a hit and run, mint 2014 toyota yaris took a hell of a smack and shoved a golf in front a good 2 feet , her car is fucked front and back and without doubt is a write off. I found a piece of the offending cars number plate which appeared to be foreign , also did some exploring and found a piece of it's wheel arch liner further up the road which after I checking the part number is an opel insignia. Police have a partial number off a witness but it'll go nowhere and the car will be squished by now...cunts !

4 hours ago, xtriple said:

Just run into a mate I haven't seen for a good few months, he took one look at me, sort of did a double take and then proclaimed: 'Fuck me, you've got old!'

Apparently I have aged 10 years in  6 months, made me feel reet smashin' did that piece of information!

It could be worse, after I retired the first time and then went back to work  at a meeting someone was surprised to see me as they thought I had died.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:37 PM, dollywobbler said:

Drove all the way to Winchester, drove an Austin Ambassador - for the first time. I videoed this moment for prosperity, as the second half of an intriguing head-to-head with a Wolseley 2200 wedge. It was the very last Ambassador - yes, that one we remember seeing parked up on a driveway looking abandoned. It was an amazing day.

I can find no trace of any video files of the Ambassador. I have all the Princess ones, and the video went live today. Where the **** have the Ambassador files gone?!

Not on my laptop, my desktop or either of the phones I used for video recording that day. Undelete software only works if you know where the files were. I can't believe I didn't record any of the separate videos so where the bloody hell are they? I have a two-hour gap in the early afternoon with no footage. I am a little upset and mostly confused.

maybe it was all a dream! ?