The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Despite being possibly the most unfashionable person on earth, WTF is going in with the way young girls dress now? Big fuck off glasses from a 1970's serial killer and jeans and dungarees that make them look they escaped from a 1950's American prison cotton picking farm for the mentally deranged.

22 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Despite being possibly the most unfashionable person on earth, WTF is going in with the way young girls dress now? Big fuck off glasses from a 1970's serial killer and jeans and dungarees that make them look they escaped from a 1950's American prison cotton picking farm for the mentally deranged.

Whenever I make comments like this my wife just sighs and says "It's fashion dear. You wouldn't understand".

Drove all the way to Winchester, drove an Austin Ambassador - for the first time. I videoed this moment for prosperity, as the second half of an intriguing head-to-head with a Wolseley 2200 wedge. It was the very last Ambassador - yes, that one we remember seeing parked up on a driveway looking abandoned. It was an amazing day.

I can find no trace of any video files of the Ambassador. I have all the Princess ones, and the video went live today. Where the **** have the Ambassador files gone?!

Not on my laptop, my desktop or either of the phones I used for video recording that day. Undelete software only works if you know where the files were. I can't believe I didn't record any of the separate videos so where the bloody hell are they? I have a two-hour gap in the early afternoon with no footage. I am a little upset and mostly confused.

8 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

Drove all the way to Winchester, drove an Austin Ambassador - for the first time. I videoed this moment for prosperity, as the second half of an intriguing head-to-head with a Wolseley 2200 wedge. It was the very last Ambassador - yes, that one we remember seeing parked up on a driveway looking abandoned. It was an amazing day.

I can find no trace of any video files of the Ambassador. I have all the Princess ones, and the video went live today. Where the **** have the Ambassador files gone?!

Not on my laptop, my desktop or either of the phones I used for video recording that day. Undelete software only works if you know where the files were. I can't believe I didn't record any of the separate videos so where the bloody hell are they? I have a two-hour gap in the early afternoon with no footage. I am a little upset and mostly confused.

I’ve just watched the Wolsely vid. And was looking forward to the comparison.

5 hours ago, Slowsilver said:

Whenever I make comments like this my wife just sighs and says "It's fashion dear. You wouldn't understand".

2 hours ago, richardmorris said:

4D2DBD89-9BD8-4867-8D4C-8D468B0A3BBD.jpeg

OMG I think I see what she means!
Not a good look even for an old git.
Good job there weren't any mirrors at the museum.
At least that means that I didn't have to see this fashion disaster until @richardmorris kindly* posted it on here for everyone to ridicule.
Thanks Richard.
Thrichard.

12 hours ago, MikeR said:

people on auto cruise in the middle lane doing 69.999998mph and outside lane doing 69,9999999mph ........taking like 5 miles to overtake ..

and the inside lane is empty because its the slow lane ....

vrrrrooooooommm !!  70.999999mph .....  bye suckers !

Smart motorway on the M6 yesterday. 2 lanes free. 

Why does ITV have the fucking Rugby rights?  2011's coverage was disastrous, 2015 was worse and it's not any better this year.  Half-arsed punditry, stupid commentary and that bloody shit ITV Player on their website.  Every time ITV do sport, they fuck it up.

Although the BBC Radio commentary on the Wales match yesterday wasn't exactly brilliant.  If I ever hear Stirling Mortlock say 'wooow' again, I might just scream.

On 7/24/2019 at 10:51 PM, EssDeeWon said:

I love this weather, went to work in shorts today and will again tomorrow. Anyway that's not a grump..

I was following that chap on youtube called classic britain, young chap trying to run an absolute heap of a P6, he was tolerable but now become too gobby, shame really because it was really good watching this P6 constantly breakdown and them trying to fix it but its now gone from cringe tv to total little prat tv.  i'll catch up with Hubnut instead.

Agreed. I've enjoyed his videos in the past but he seems to have become very rude about cars that aren't of interest to him. Perhaps its a bit of bluster for the benefit of the audience, but over the last couple of videos where he's visited car shows there have been very unkind, and unwarranted IMHO, comments about cars where the owners often appear to have been right next to him. I finally caved in and put a (polite) note suggesting that the negativity wasn't required, as did others.

I notice he's uploaded a video about a Morris Minor. This should be interesting given that his standard comment as he sweeps past them is "no-one cares".

34 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

Despite the strongly-held views of a minority, we've been somewhat spoiled for UCHOOB car persons by our familiarity with the relaxed and idiosyncratic style of a certain Brummie ex-hippie.

Oh I'm not so sure about that, I've heard he doesn't like Fords.

I'm polishing my pitchfork as we speak.

1 hour ago, mrbenn said:

Agreed. I've enjoyed his videos in the past but he seems to have become very rude about cars that aren't of interest to him. Perhaps its a bit of bluster for the benefit of the audience, but over the last couple of videos where he's visited car shows there have been very unkind, and unwarranted IMHO, comments about cars where the owners often appear to have been right next to him. I finally caved in and put a (polite) note suggesting that the negativity wasn't required, as did others.

I notice he's uploaded a video about a Morris Minor. This should be interesting given that his standard comment as he sweeps past them is "no-one cares".

I always thought he seemed a bit of an arrogant tit. Very quick to dismiss advice.

8 hours ago, paulplom said:

Kind of reminds me of this guy. He looks quite proud of what he's achieved.599a579a1fc0f794e7eaa5f4fc56201c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

That takes the term 'high-waisted' to a new level (pun intended).
More 'low-shouldered' in fact.
Did he wear them for additional support when turning the car on its side?
He could end up being the only person ever to die of suffocation by his own trousers while still wearing them ?.

2 hours ago, Timewaster said:

Got in to work today to find out that one of our colleagues has died over the weekend.

That's two in two weeks.

Both had been in pretty poor health for a while but it is still a bit of a shock. :-(

Someone I was working with was attacked by a gang in a nasty part of stoke and has been on a life support machine, for 4 weekd now and another bloke, who is in maintenance and i found out was buying the house next door to me, had a car crash last week and apparently it's life changing. Put my problems into perspective. 

Work have screwed up my wages again.  My payrise wasn't put through last month - I was told that this was because it wasn't submitted in time to be processed before the cut-off date for payroll.  I was assured that it would be put through for this month, and I would also get the extra bit that I should have been paid last month.  Neither of those things has happened.  Which means it's going to be a bit of a tight month.  I'm just going to have to keep my fingers crossed that the LDV doesn't need a load spending on it for an MOT, or I can see the credit card taking a battering.