The grumpy thread

outlaw118

22 minutes ago, 5speedracer said:

Often thought the English system of house purchase/sale is very odd. Like an Ebay car purchase but with the most expensive thing you'll ever buy. Very stressful, as if moving wasn't stressful enough already.
In Scotland you agree a price and it's deal sealed.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

I had thought about the Scottish system but what if for whatever reason you end up not selling your house?  Would you be forced to buy another? 

2 hours ago, MikeR said:

Fin traffic back from Liverpool , the flyover demolition ...  chaos ,

a match on ... lots of cars

lots of red traffic lights ...

lots of pissed off drivers

hour and half to do 15 miles !

There's always miseryrail.  Train every 15 mins to L,pool.  

9 hours ago, brownnova said:

Went to watch a band in a pub last night, they were really good, and the locals were frankly hilarious (North Wales’ answer to Bez being a particular highlight), and to top it all off some gay chap tried to chat me up in the toilets (he literally walked away as soon as I mentioned my having a wife). 

Why the grump?

I drank 3 and a half pints. This morning I woke up feeling like I’d had an absolute skinfull! That’s not like me at all! 

Does not compute... 

3.5 pints? What did you do after 7.00pm?

7 hours ago, Fumbler said:

While remodelling the raised beds by demolishing them and rotovating the soil, I was greeted by a fucking massive Asian hornet. I'm not going back outside for ages!

The other week I was in my conservatory and was buzzed by a hornet that must have been at least two inches long.  I attacked it with a pretty heavy diary - I hit the thing three times dead centre and it didn't even slow it down!  Finally managed to smack it repeatedly and pulverise it, but I reckon the thing must have been wearing armour.

Attempted to buy another Berlingo with a broken rear torsion bar, dragging it's arse around like a broken dog.

With a months mot, high mileage 1.9 boat anchor and rough as arseholes, it was up at £200.

I arranged to go, asked if price was negotiable, and went. Had my offer of £150 knocked back, they relented and offered it at £170 less the towbar...

....err, no thanks!

First world problems and all that...

Kinda grumpy with myself. Any sane person wanting to go out an polish thier car would do it at a reasonable time, like the morning or early afternoon. Nope, me, I went out at 7pm and started polishing the Vectra meaning although I did the whole car (a panel at a time, that thing is MASSIVE, if I ever have to polish it again, it'll be too soon) I didn't finish the job very well as it was very dark by the time I finished.

Micra is gonna get polished tomorrow as it's probably the only time it ever will be. Hopefully I won't be as lazy this time.

got eaten by some sorta critter while on holiday

big swelling (no wasnt looking at impalas - maybe chieftains)

luckily a visit to a pharmacy means it didnt end up worse or a trip to the hospital (i had insurance)

also had the slowest cunt driving a bus between the terminals at CDG added to the plane that was 25 mins late means i missed my flight home just got in now and been up for 36 hours :( and it cost me money

I had thought about the Scottish system but what if for whatever reason you end up not selling your house?  Would you be forced to buy another? 
Possibly we Scots do it differently? If we're selling we'd usually be looking too as we know a contracy is binding. If we see a house we like we can "note interest" meaning we are informed of any offers on the house so get a chance yo counter. Same game really but with the security of knowing a sale is a sale. Could always live in a cheap hotel for a month or so!

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, hairnet said:

got eaten by some sorta critter while on holiday

big swelling (no wasnt looking at impalas - maybe chieftains)

luckily a visit to a pharmacy means it didnt end up worse or a trip to the hospital (i had insurance)

also had the slowest cunt driving a bus between the terminals at CDG added to the plane that was 25 mins late means i missed my flight home just got in now and been up for 36 hours :( and it cost me money

I got absolutely savaged by mossies in Tunisia last week, 30 + bites, no repellent made a difference but luckily I had antihistamines aplenty which saved the holiday, one poor bugger had 200 ish bites 

Got a broken arse from a drink-related injury I assume, when I was out on the pop with some colleagues. Hurts to sit, stand and lie down, and goes right down to my left foot.

More grumpy about the inevitable piss-taking which will occur tomorrow, but at least I'll find out what I did. I suspect trying to sit down on a non-existent seat and banging the left side of my bum on something hard.

5 hours ago, omegod said:

I got absolutely savaged by mossies in Tunisia last week, 30 + bites, no repellent made a difference but luckily I had antihistamines aplenty which saved the holiday, one poor bugger had 200 ish bites 

I've been affected by mossies before, the worst was in Croatia a few years ago I ended up covered in lumps and sought relief from the chemist, who despite linguistic barriers knew exactly what the problem was when I rolled up my sleeve! Industrial strength anti-histamines stopped the itching and the lumps were away in short order.

4 minutes ago, gm said:

in a bad mood after a shite day at work, booted it away from the lights in the toon in the rain and failed to spot the police van just round the corner I was sliding round :(

"I thought it would be some teenage arsehole driving like that"

Don't worry mate. I got clocked twice at the same spot a couple of weeks apart. The second time was the day I lost my job so other things were on my mind.

An MOT fail isnt a biggie, everything is fixable but during the emissions test on the K11 and many many many revs, something let go.

The water level is fine but the temperature shot right up and the test was abandoned.

It was fine on the way over, warmed it up and did a few brake tests, gauge was dead centre all the time.

But now the water pump is rattling like a bastard and I think the cams are clattering away too.

This might be decision time to persevere or fuck it off

Plus points - Sills are not rusty, Sun roof isnt currently leaking, its yellow

Minus points - Everything else

Will look again when the bloody rain has stopped

1 hour ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Serving out my notice at work.  Everything I do is tinged with the conclusion that it's utterly fucking pointless...

There's a lad here on his last week.

I think he's probably the most productive member of staff I've dealt with so far this week.

FFS! I suppose I've had it easy with my journey to my old place of work which consisted of long fast roads and a motorway journey. 

Travelling into Birmingham today was an absolute NIGHTMARE. It at the best of times but when a spot of rain appears, everyone seems to suddenly get scared and jump in the car clogging up the roads even more. Inevitably, there is always someone who doesn't know how to drive on the wet causing an accident and thus tailbacks. Half of my journey into work consisted of back roads and even then I was 10 mins late. Mind you, only one person was in on time and the rest had major problems on the trains so I was the second one in!

I've been watching a repeat of the first series of Charlie's Angels - 1970's jiggle TV at it's very finest.

My grump is of course Madonna. Until she came along, no-one wore a bra & if they did it was hidden & you spent ages working out if there was an undergarment involved or if they really were that perky. Then fucking Madonna turns up and every fucker is wearing underwear as outerwear. Progress my arse.