The grumpy thread

outlaw118

20 hours ago, Slowsilver said:

Not the only thing. Try sniffing limited slip diff oil.
New = disgusting. Used = even more so.

Worst I encountered was in the triax driveshaft bearings on my GS.  Disgusterous.

Of course, it went through driveshafts like they were going to be banned.

The house whose back garden backs onto mine has had the same shitty music CD or playlist going very loudly since half 10 this morning. A mix of Agadoo, some Slavic language pop song featuring an accordion, some happy hardcore and Mariah fucking Carey's "all I want for Christmas is you". About its 5th cycle through now.

On 9/18/2019 at 2:17 PM, Datsuncog said:

Litre bottle of Castrol Syntrax gear oil has somehow managed to leak all over the boot of the Forester, probably squashed during recent timber-lugging.

Hell's teeth, it bloody reeks. That weird fish-oil smell just catches in the back of my throat and seriously makes me gag. I've been driving everywhere with the windows down since Sunday.

There's not enough Neutradol in the whole world...

Due to being an idiot(rubber hose, positive displacement pump and a shut valve) I gave myself a shower with gear oil, soaking my overalls and a favourite t-shirt; after dozens of hot washes I gave up trying to get the smell out and reluctantly binned them. 

2 minutes ago, SiC said:
42 minutes ago, MorrisItalSLX said:
I think you need to brush up on your geography, but yes, we get both in spades.

I thought you lived in Kwikland?

Not quite, I’m just to the left with the Kangaroos.

To be fair they did remove the country marker on the profile from this version of the forum software and there are a few legitimate Kiwi shitters.

Driving home (as you do!) and as I turn into my road (not actually mine you understand, just figuratively) a woman in an 02 Focus screams up the road and pulls up at the junction but already about 3/4 of the way through a right turn! She is rather blocking the road and generally made a bit of a tits of it. I looked at her but I must have done it with a bad attitiude or a sneer or a glare or something else I was unaware of 'cos the stream of invective that escaped her gentile and ladylike lips had to be heard to be believed!

There was a time when I used to reply in kind but now I just smile and wave or blow a kiss and wish them a 'good day' all of which seems to insense folk even more than a few well chosen four letter words!  :)  Today, I just smiled. I thought she was going to explode...

7 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

A mix of Agadoo, some Slavic language pop song featuring an accordion, some happy hardcore and Mariah fucking Carey's "all I want for Christmas is you". About its 5th cycle through now.

Christ, I knew Radio 2 had gone downhill a bit lately, but even so...

4 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

The house whose back garden backs onto mine has had the same shitty music CD or playlist going very loudly since half 10 this morning. A mix of Agadoo, some Slavic language pop song featuring an accordion, some happy hardcore and Mariah fucking Carey's "all I want for Christmas is you". About its 5th cycle through now.

May I recommend you reply in kind with this set of ditties from my personal collection?

2 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Swapped the tyres around on the Xantia in the hope this would have some impact on the odd pulling to the right under power issue.

Not made the slightest difference. Balls.

Also found a split CV boot. Yaaaaay! 

Going to be another expensive month isn't it.

Cv boot could * be related to the odd pulling if there is no longer any grease in the joint.

6 minutes ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

I'll take 'Nothing's Gonna Stop us Now!' and raise you 'We Built This City'.  If there were an award for the worst song ever, it's that.  Fucking hell.

As father in law will be coming over for dinner tomorrow, Mrs d will be hoovering and dusting etc as she does every friday, I expect she'll be blasting out her own barrage of shit - Mika. That'll do nicely

2 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

As father in law will be coming over for dinner tomorrow, Mrs d will be hoovering and dusting etc as she does every friday, I expect she'll be blasting out her own barrage of shit - Mika. That'll do nicely

If you need to know, apparently Mika is doing some gigs around this way in November.  I only found this out through some people at work that are big fans...

Of course, we all know that the only acceptable hoovering song is this:

7 minutes ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

I'll take 'Nothing's Gonna Stop us Now!' and raise you 'We Built This City'.  If there were an award for the worst song ever, it's that.  Fucking hell.

Ah yeah, fuck that shit.  Throw “China in your hand” in the mix and the District Line will be subject to severe delays and cancellations after i’ve decided to use a tube train as an amusing hat

13 minutes ago, Parky said:

I find “Nothing’s gonna stop us now” by Starship makes me want to hang myself.  Why not try it on your neighbours to see if you can make their garden resemble a quiet afternoon round David Koresh’s place?

11 minutes ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

1 minute ago, Parky said:

Ah yeah, fuck that shit.  Throw “China in your hand” in the mix and the District Line will be subject to severe delays and cancellations after i’ve decided to use a tube train as an amusing hat

I need to introduce you to Chichester's local independent radio station Spirit FM. Same 13 songs all day every day. Playlist changed by one song monthly, which is normally Africa, Roseanna and Hold the line by Toto in a 3-monthly rotation.

37 minutes ago, GrumpiusMaximus said:

Grace Slick though. I think I can forgive her.

Ignorance is bliss so it seems.

I'm sat here outside school on a wall waiting to pick kids up from school. For 15 bloody minutes some tall skinny airbrushed mum is sitting in her big diesel car windows all closed with air con and engine running. Goes without saying she is illegally parked right outside school gates . It is a bloody perfect day 20 degrees c sunny, slight breeze and the peace and quiet  ruined by diesel clatter and smell.

How ignorant can you be ?

1 hour ago, Sir Chocolate Teapot said:

Ignorance is bliss so it seems.

I'm sat here outside school on a wall waiting to pick kids up from school. For 15 bloody minutes some tall skinny airbrushed mum is sitting in her big diesel car windows all closed with air con and engine running. Goes without saying she is illegally parked right outside school gates . It is a bloody perfect day 20 degrees c sunny, slight breeze and the peace and quiet  ruined by diesel clatter and smell.

How ignorant can you be ?

I thought all the mummies and their kids were outside Westminster this afternoon protesting against that very thing.  Bless em.