The grumpy thread

outlaw118

3 minutes ago, Mrcento said:

A new couple moved in downstairs. Long story short, they guy is an absolute nutjob, screaming his head off most the day like something from the exorcist. Doors slamming, loud bangs, glass smashing, horrendous abusive screams, Threats of "i'll fuck you up you rat", I've never, ever heard anything like this.  Even when someone was murdered more or less right outside my front door a few years back. It's well beyond simple anger, the guy is unhinged in the extreme.

The woman in the house is certainly in danger, and to be honest, i fear everyone in the close is in danger given he sounds like he's liable to torch the place at any second half the time.

Police were up taking statements from all the neighbours this evening, but my guess is he's that out of control, he'll just see it as interference and do something.

Oh, hi.

On 9/8/2019 at 7:49 PM, Bren said:

Our hoover washing machine is dying. Been repaired already. Sick of spending £300 on washing machines that only last around three years.

Does anything last these days?

I'll refer you to my posts here

This is really good value the moment, 5 year guarantee as well.

http://www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk/samsung-ww80j5555ew-8kg-1400rpm-ecobubble-washing-machine.html?channel=ppc&gclid=CjwKCAjwtuLrBRAlEiwAPVcZBjjfOpFD-UHOkMAqE8tSD8ILBlKEn2evcy4VhRG3Fs_yfTh7dBPxohoC51kQAvD_BwE

21 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

It's already been the week (and last month or so) from hell, and things just keep taking another turn for the worse.

I can't and don't want to say too much, but my daughter was the (alleged) victim in something deeply unpleasant and we're hoping this week it'll all be over. You think you've turned a corner, but something else gets thrown at you. 

Commiserations Billy, I know exactly where you're coming from.

Within a month, I've had my HGV licence revoked, been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and Mrs Tet has had a heart attack. Just wondering how many more hammer blows are on the way.

Hope your daughter is ok.

13 hours ago, twosmoke300 said:

Ahh , not as posh down here - 330ci and 118 coupes in cornwall ( debadged natch)

Not sure I'd say the drivers of the average hot hatch lease car around here is posh! Pretty sure they come with baseball cap and driving lessons on how to drive like a complete bellend out of the factory. High cost of living means decent salaries around here. When you're in your twenties and living at home with a half decent salary, it makes £300 pcm + insurance  peanuts out of a disposable income. 

The worst thing is the stupid farting noise the DSG boxes make on WOT gear changes.

This annoys me on so many levels. It sounds so artificial and engineered-in.

I believe it's engineered in on purpose as regarding the ignition during the gear change reduces the engine torque quickly and making it shift smoother. So it does have a proper purpose but it's still an annoying noise.

1 hour ago, SiC said:

Not sure I'd say the drivers of the average hot hatch lease car around here is posh! Pretty sure they come with baseball cap and driving lessons on how to drive like a complete bellend out of the factory. High cost of living means decent salaries around here. When you're in your twenties and living at home with a half decent salary, it makes £300 pcm + insurance  peanuts out of a disposable income. 

The worst thing is the stupid farting noise the DSG boxes make on WOT gear changes.

True this.  Those little booted 1 series are well worth avoiding around here too, I do wonder how these kids are driving these Audi's, BM's and Merc's but as you say probably all on a £300pm PCP or summit.

True this.  Those little booted 1 series are well worth avoiding around here too, I do wonder how these kids are driving these Audi's, BM's and Merc's but as you say probably all on a £300pm PCP or summit.

Not pcp but lease deals. All the golf R deals have gone, but the seat Leon cupra R has replaced it for the cheap deals. Pretty much same bhp (I think golf R lost a few bhp from WTLP anyway) but only FWD, not AWD.

E.g.

£1k down and £265 pcm for 2 years

https://leasing.com/independent-brokers/leasing-options-limited/seat/leon/340372878/

3 year deals are similar prices.

Very affordable - especially for a brand new car. 8k mileage is a reasonable limit for most and 16k over 2 years should just miss out on a service and possibly pads+tyres (depending how it's driven).

Fuck sake.

I've had new front tyres and new front discs and pads in the last couple of weeks. Car started pulling (quite hard) to the left so I took it back to the garage for them to take a look.

Cause of the problem - a nail in one of my brand new tyres that's done probably under 200 miles.

It's a nice sunny day.

Tosser who lives that way >>> has got his illegal pit bike back and is demonstrating it's still a piece of shit that won't run under 5K rpm.

Silly bitch who lives that way <<< is screeching at child, and has the boom boom boom, man mumbles incoherently music on loud, and is getting nicely pissed at 3 in the afternoon.  

It was a nice sunny day.

Some people are just fucking thick. Got badly cut up in the 205 when this dickhead turned right from the left lane in front of me forcing me onto the wrong side of the road, 100yds later and he does the same to a young mother with a kid in the back. He missed me by about a foot, it looked about a sheet of pepper to the woman’s car as he squeezed past. All to get into Asda two seconds quicker. When we park up I gently (ish) point out that he is driving like a twat and he comes out with ‘what the fuck are you going to do about it?’ Well as it happens I am going to do something I have never done before and phone the company whose name and number is in big fuck off letters and numbers on the side of your Astra you thick cunt. A slightly more worried ‘do what the fuck you want, they won’t do anything’, well after speaking to HR at the company at length who asked for the contact details of the lady who was involved and my contact details to pass on their findings to. And to add to it, she has a dashcam which she is happy to send to them. If the dickhead had apologised to the woman I would have let it lie, now he is likely to get a bollocking at the least. Today’s twat of the day award goes to him.

Whenever there is a spider like the one posted earlier, I have a solution.

Don't call the AA or Ghostbusters or any other body, what you need is a quick call to 'Our Chester' who loves spiders. For a moderate fee he will come to your gaff and happily chase down (slowly 'cos he's fat) and then eat every spider in your part of the world.

He is a useless fat bastard (as everyone in the street can attest after they heard me shouting that very thing at him this afternoon when he got out of the car and promptly legged it to go pee on his enemies gatepost, got waylaid and spent a happy ten minutes sniffing a one inch square patch of grass. Of course, he could have been hunting a spider that had heard rumours about him and was hiding...

Just had a letter from the council. They are planning to refurb the garages that currently hold the 2 door Toledo plus tons of bits and pieces. The work will be completed in 3 phases within this financial year. I will be issued  with a 28 day notice to quite whilst they refurb, they are offering alternatives depending on demand and availability.  Hmmm.

This is going to cause me untold grief, I have tons of stuff to move and no way of doing it. I will have to move the 2 door car to somewhere else, no idea where.

I just wonder if this is the death knell for my hobby in all honesty. 

45 minutes ago, purplebargeken said:

.... I have tons of stuff to move and no way of doing it. I will have to move the 2 door car to somewhere else, no idea where.

Is there no suitably derelict shed elsewhere in the Lea Valley?

46 minutes ago, purplebargeken said:

Just had a letter from the council. They are planning to refurb the garages that currently hold the 2 door Toledo plus tons of bits and pieces. The work will be completed in 3 phases within this financial year. I will be issued  with a 28 day notice to quite whilst they refurb, they are offering alternatives depending on demand and availability.  Hmmm.

This is going to cause me untold grief, I have tons of stuff to move and no way of doing it. I will have to move the 2 door car to somewhere else, no idea where.

They are lying.  Once they have got you to leave they will level the site and sell it to a property developer with planning that they granted. 

7 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Surely they're responsible for any moving costs, even if just temporary? Have a word with your local councillor and see what they say.

Nope, why would they be?

They own them, they will give Ken notice to quit as is their right to, then Ken will have to re-apply for a garage, what they are doing is perfectly legal, it is not their problem that the garage is full of bits, its a bit shit but that's life.