The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Jon

Thanks for the kind offer, but I'm just going to go and buy one in the morning. They're cheap enough, but the ASDA thing just annoyed me, and put the tin lid on an already crappy day! I was only going to go there because they're open 24 hours, seeing as the current one only packed up at about 7pm. Luckily, we had a full complement of sterilised bottles, so we can wait until tomorow.

WVM

Yes, seen these. Looks like we won't be short of a bargain, thankfully.

I've just had a random photo call from the lady who owned that white Hillman Avenger i was interested in a few months back.

4761048577_1e3b696a65_z.jpg

1970 Hillman Avenger 1500 GL G Luxe by Trigger's Retro Road Tests!, on Flickr

She was wanting to know who's number it was on her phone bill (you know what old people are like) anyway we got chatting about the Avenger, she said a bloke bought it for £1250 for his wife, Well it then turns out that he was a dealer and it's been sat in his front garden since up for sale with some other cars for over £2000 with BARGAIN in big letters on the side of it.

This old girl is very upset by this, She said that it hadn't been outside in the rain since they bought it back in 1975 and it's been outside in all weathers since they sold it, and it won't sell at over £2000 neither.

It's sad when this happens.

Just got off the phone to Sky, My Sky + box failed the other day so I've got a second hand one of ebay and needed to set my card up so i could get the movie channel, I've rang them up and got it sorted and whist on the phone i also spoke to the sales team about getting a HD box, They told me it will be an extra £10 per month plus £15 deilvery for the box and that there was nothing that i could do.

I've then spoke to Virgin who can do the same deal with their HD + box and same channels i have for £34 a month (Sky would work out £50 p/m) so we've agreed to move over to them.

So I've spoke to Sky again about cancelling my contact with them, They can then suddenly do my package with a free HD box and HD channels all for no extra cost over 12 months :roll: Now i can't decide what to do.

Anyone with Virgin on here?, are they any good?, Would i be better of telling Sky to poke it still or are Virgin shite?.

Just got off the phone to Sky, My Sky + box failed the other day so I've got a second hand one of ebay and needed to set my card up so i could get the movie channel, I've rang them up and got it sorted and whist on the phone i also spoke to the sales team about getting a HD box, They told me it will be an extra £10 per month plus £15 deilvery for the box and that there was nothing that i could do.

I've then spoke to Virgin who can do the same deal with their HD + box and same channels i have for £34 a month (Sky would work out £50 p/m) so we've agreed to move over to them.

So I've spoke to Sky again about cancelling my contact with them, They can then suddenly do my package with a free HD box and HD channels all for no extra cost over 12 months :roll: Now i can't decide what to do.

Anyone with Virgin on here?, are they any good?, Would i be better of telling Sky to poke it still or are Virgin shite?.

Virgin are ok IMHO. Broadband is pretty good, I've not got HD and the EPG on the box is a bit crap.

Tv packages are like utility companies. What you save by changing isn't generally worth the arse ache. If you arent saving then I wouldn't bother changing.

Think I've lost my expensive (in my terms) watch

I bought an expensive (in my terms) watch as a present recently. Looked nice in the jeweller's window, came in a very pleasant presentation box. A couple of days later my internet was down all morning. Out of boredom I decided to have another look at the watch before I wrapped it.

This time I noticed deep gouges on the backplate. The strap looked kind of dirty underneath too. The front of the watch was cosmetically fine, but on closer inspection the second hand wasn't moving. The battery was dead. I took it back and they exchanged it for another one - the new watch was covered in protective plastic, looked cleaner all round, and it even told the time.

Jeweller tried to fob me off with a broken old watch at full price :evil:

Fucking cylists, when the fucking lights at a pedestrian crossing go to fucking red it doesn't mean speed up, aim at the centre of the fucking road and weave around all the startled fucking pedestrians who are (amazingly) now crossing the road.

It absolutley boils my piss off the scale seeing cyclists ride like this, through red lights, down pavements when it suits them squeezing themselves through stationary traffic at junctions, (who, incidentally have actually STOPPED at a red traffic light) meaning motorists have carefully overtake the wobbly twats again.

Grrrr... and breathe!

Heard recently that this was scrapped in fucking Rome because the "wacky" team who took it there couldnt be arsed to drive it back..........

IMG_0241.jpg

I wouldnt mind, but it was a perfectly serviceable, clean and very good all round Rover 827 Limo. And I'M without a FUCKING car that actually works. Its like scrappage scheme, only you take your car on some "wacky" fuckball run, and dump it in Rome because the 'organisers' suggest it.

I've been hearing of perfectly useable cars recently being scrapped/broken up because thier owners cant be arsed with them and I'm suck to fucking death of hearing it.

Maybe I should scrap all mine like the rest :evil::x

Fucking cylists, when the fucking lights at a pedestrian crossing go to fucking red it doesn't mean speed up, aim at the centre of the fucking road and weave around all the startled fucking pedestrians who are (amazingly) now crossing the road.

It absolutley boils my piss off the scale seeing cyclists ride like this, through red lights, down pavements when it suits them squeezing themselves through stationary traffic at junctions, (who, incidentally have actually STOPPED at a red traffic light) meaning motorists have carefully overtake the wobbly twats again.

Grrrr... and breathe!

Is there room on your soapbox for another? They get right up my ***. :evil::evil::evil::evil:

In fact when I ride my bike and stop at such lights I get wierd looks from other motorists. :roll:

Heard recently that this was scrapped in fucking Rome because the "wacky" team who took it there couldnt be arsed to drive it back..........

IMG_0241.jpg

Oh, my. They certainly do seem 'wacky'. Their team name alone imparts a very acute yet subtle sense of humour, and I have visions of them constantly delighting their friends with their frivolous antics; doubtless they are a mine of witty and sardonic observations on modern life and culture.

More likely, they decided to get a flight back so they wouldn't miss any more fucking football matches. Or perhaps they were missing their local pub...sorry, wine bar too much and just couldn't stand another 2 days without an ice-cold Carling. Twunts.

I hate banger rallies. The BX one I went on wasn't a proper one as there was a complete lack of 'hilarious' antics, huge respect for the chosen steeds and everyone still owns their BX now!

I blame Top Gear. They've made it seem really funny to buy some ol' shitter and thrash it about, deliberately driving into each other then abandoning it and flying home.

IMG_0241.jpg

Oh, my. They certainly do seem 'wacky'. Their team name alone imparts a very acute yet subtle sense of humour, and I have visions of them constantly delighting their friends with their frivolous antics; doubtless they are a mine of witty and sardonic observations on modern life and culture.

More likely, they decided to get a flight back so they wouldn't miss any more fucking football matches. Or perhaps they were missing their local pub...sorry, wine bar too much and just couldn't stand another 2 days without an ice-cold Carling. Twunts.

Probably rugby fans

Fucking cylists,

Totally with you on that one. I've spent more time than usual recently being in or traveling to and from central London. The complete disregard with which too many of the cycling fraternity seem to have for courtesy, and law is shocking. I have no real problem with them weaving to the front of the lights. Surely safer for them to be ahead as the lights change than in the throng of vehicles. But running red lights be they pedestrian or otherwise is totally out of order. I think I may buy a cane/walking stick to jab between the spokes of their carbon fibre single speed posing machines.

Another grump. The adverts I've seen on the tube for the "Kindle" book reader device I've just discovered is made by/for Amazon. There's two versions. One has Wi-Fi and costs £109. The other one has Wi-Fi and "free 3G" and costs £149. Now admittedly I'm a technophobe but it seems to me that getting something free normally doesn't involve paying £40 more for it. In the blurb on their website it says "....Amazon pays for Kindle’s 3G wireless connectivity...." So they pay for it out of the £40 you've given them I suppose. I'm trying to find the "free" bit here.

Loads of people cycle to my work, I live about a mile away so I could (in theory). However, like I keep telling them, I didn't buy a load of big cars so I could ride to work on a bicycle.

Fair enough if you want to, I don't, I like to drive around in velour luxury with Samantha Fox blasting out of a mono speaker. I like it when a travel survey comes round, because I tend to use the free space to put a huge rant about how it's better for the general public if I'm not around them.

Fucking cylists,
I think I may buy a cane/walking stick to jab between the spokes of their carbon fibre single speed posing machines.

If it's a 'Fixie', then the thing to do is grab their excessively long hair as they ride past, slap the bare skin (below their denim pedal-pushers) very hard with a large wooden ruler, then while they're whimpering you can rummage through their effeminate miniature courier bags for anything of value (at the very least you'll find an iPad and a bottle of expensive eau de toilet), then when the lights change, drive off while shouting "get a proper f**king bike, you stupid beatnik!"

I don't usually go for mass generalisations, but the very first (male) person I saw riding a fixie did, in fact, have long hair, 3/4-length jeans with pressed turn-ups, and a handbag. Ever since then, despite being a passionate cyclist myself, I've been waiting for an opportunity to injure one of the trendy little shits.

I've been hearing of perfectly useable cars recently being scrapped/broken up because thier owners cant be arsed with them and I'm suck to fucking death of hearing it.

Maybe I should scrap all mine like the rest :evil::x

Or they get fed up trying to sell them. Selling the van at the moment with no reserve and up for offers, so of course there's a flood of "hi m8 what will u take 4 cash?" texts. You could argue I've made a rod for my own back pricing it like that but I need it sold. One person did turn up 2 hours late last night then try to convince me that minor exhaust rattle was the diff on its way out

The photo of that 800 limo was in fact taken by me. Myself and A friend took part on the Home2Rome rally in (would you believe) ANOTHER XX based 827 limo!

Whilst it grated BIG TIME on me that that car was to be scrapped, to the credit of that team they offered me the car free, gratis and FOR NOWT. I tried and tried to work out a way to get it but with just two of us on the team, the distance, fatigue factor and cost of taking two limos home just made it impractical.

I seriously wanted that car but I hate to say that mundane practicalities contrived against us.

The photo of that 800 limo was in fact taken by me. Myself and A friend took part on the Home2Rome rally in (would you believe) ANOTHER XX based 827 limo!

Whilst it grated BIG TIME on me that that car was to be scrapped, to the credit of that team they offered me the car free, gratis and FOR NOWT. I tried and tried to work out a way to get it but with just two of us on the team, the distance, fatigue factor and cost of taking two limos home just made it impractical.

I seriously wanted that car but I hate to say that mundane practicalities contrived against us.

For one mildly embarrassing moment I thought you were actually in that team :oops::lol:

Still, any idea why they couldn't just drive it back themselves, as you evidently did with yours?

The answer will not be popular but this the situation:

The lads in that team were doing the rally as a Stag do and they just happened to get this limo as their car, and as they had no idea of the history of it or indeed if it would even get to Rome they had pre-booked their flights home.

Of course the car made it, but it did have issues; the starter circuit packed up in France meaning it had to be "hotwired" straight from the battery to the starter each time. The heater was shot too sorbet could not use that to cool the car down when it got warm. Of course, these are fixable issues.

As I said, were it not for logistics we would have brought it home as it was offered to me for nowt. Sadly I can't save em all. But boy did I want it.