The grumpy thread

outlaw118

My new car (not new) is on hold, not permanant hold just a hold while the front bumper twat head dealer buggered is repaired.  Proving to be more than just sand down and repaint just like I suspected. Also, the CLK has departed the household and is already sadly missed. :(  New owner seems happy though, the git!  :)  

But as I whinged and whined (something I am really good at) I am getting a loan car on Thursday or Friday. Now this dealer has all sorts up to V12 Aston Martins, wonder if the loaner will be one of them?

2 hours ago, plasticvandan said:

There's a C15 come up for sale 3 miles away,mot til Nov,£250 the grump is its almost certainly rotten and I can't weld

Is that the one in pershore? I went to look at it for spares for mine but it wasn't worth the money just to break it. The parts I wanted where no better than mine. Cab roof was stoved in as he had stood on it. I'd have loved the roof rack of it though. Rear doors wouldn't shut properly as mechanism was bent. Drove ok, brakes needed a good shove. I walked away for once as I had an attack of common sense.

On 8/12/2019 at 8:24 PM, HillmanImp said:

I'm neck deep in a big project that it about to go a bit wrong. Not terribly wrong on the scale of things but it's one of those things that 'important' people will latch onto and complain about to people whose job it is to suck up to 'important' people and pander to their impossible demands. 

The issue has arisen as I was delivering a bit of software to the live environment but it was delayed because, you know things just don't always go as planned. I worked out what the issues were and set about amending them but I got loads of grief off the people that suck up to 'important' people, that I reluctantly pushed it through to live knowing there were issues but with limited impact to that particular project.

Turns out on another project (the one that's about to got a bit tits up), because they both share code it does have a bit of an impact. Fuck oh, well. I'll have to get the original code amended to get it to run for these 800 or so clients. It won't take long.

Oh, apparently we 'don't have time' say the people whose job it is to suck up to 'important' people as they've promised something without checking if it was possible first.  'Why wasn't this sorted before it was delivered to live' they ask. Apparently because 'you told me to deliver it as it was' isn't a good enough answer.

Whats annoying is it's not even my job to do this. I just picked it up as I was the best person to get it to where it is now. So to compound the issue when my manager finds out they'll read me the riot act for even getting involved.

giphy.gif

On 8/12/2019 at 9:31 AM, Sir Chocolate Teapot said:

IMG_20190812_102259.thumb.jpg.503d0e1fabba02164623b02e7f0dc5a6.jpg

The writing implies comfort

Quite literally "does it my arse !"

Are ones like this not for the purpose of accommodating lady parts?

9 hours ago, dean36014 said:

Is that the one in pershore? I went to look at it for spares for mine but it wasn't worth the money just to break it. The parts I wanted where no better than mine. Cab roof was stoved in as he had stood on it. I'd have loved the roof rack of it though. Rear doors wouldn't shut properly as mechanism was bent. Drove ok, brakes needed a good shove. I walked away for once as I had an attack of common sense.

Thanks for the road test! :-)

Would the rain please have the common decency to stay outside?  Please...

IMG_20190814_123622.thumb.jpg.71eabf7a48107e1e465f8d52fbab3e89.jpg

The flashing over the conservatory is stuffed.

When the wind is in just the right direction you get water in behind the wood panelling and this happens.

It also leaks like a sieve out there, but that's less of an issue as it stays outside the actual house at least.

I have been trying to get it fixed since 2014. 

So far the only people willing to touch it were a bunch of cowboys who made it worse and fleeced us to the tune of £1600.

It's too unusual a structure for any domestic roofers to touch, and none of the commercial guys will touch us because we're not a trade customer.  It's utterly maddening.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

Does anyone know any cures for severe travel sickness? I got caught in the Hurricane on the North Sea on Saturday and still feel utterly shit four days later.

From memory, travel sickness is one of the things Phenergan is used to treat.

Be aware though that it can make you really drowsy (insomnia is what it's used to treat in our household), so keep that in mind.

The radio has been on in our open plan office all morning. Have never given too much thought to it, apart from thinking it's shit.

It's tuned into Clyde 1, a commercial station and it's absolute brain damage. Constant advertising that all feeds on fear, shite tunes, vapid opinion and awful generic music in between. 

Away home at lunchtime to get my headphones! 

10 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

From memory, travel sickness is one of the things Phenergan is used to treat.

Be aware though that it can make you really drowsy (insomnia is what it's used to treat in our household), so keep that in mind.

Thanks, Can I get that over the counter? I was on Scopalamine which has worked before as I suffer due to injections I am on but it even beat that.

41 minutes ago, davehedgehog31 said:

The radio has been on in our open plan office all morning. Have never given too much thought to it, apart from thinking it's shit.

It's tuned into Clyde 1, a commercial station and it's absolute brain damage. Constant advertising that all feeds on fear, shite tunes, vapid opinion and awful generic music in between. 

Clyde 2 was about all I could tune into on the Acclaim's AM radio. Music selection was alright but they only played about 50 tracks and the adverts were maddening.

57 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

Thanks, Can I get that over the counter? I was on Scopalamine which has worked before as I suffer due to injections I am on but it even beat that.

Yep, though it's a bit of a pain to find sometimes as only larger pharmacies seem to stock it and even then it's a bit hit and miss.

It's a general purpose antihistamine, but is one of those meds which seems to be used for a plethora of different conditions.

3 hours ago, Tamworthbay said:

Does anyone know any cures for severe travel sickness? I got caught in the Hurricane on the North Sea on Saturday and still feel utterly shit four days later.

You can get anti-emetics over the counter at a pharmacy counter, but if it persists see your GP as you may have the start of or very mild Vertigo. I really hope you don't as it caused me absolute hell.

3 hours ago, davehedgehog31 said:

Dob them in to the PRS stasi?

4 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

You can get anti-emetics over the counter at a pharmacy counter, but if it persists see your GP as you may have the start of or very mild Vertigo. I really hope you don't as it caused me absolute hell.

Hopefully not, I don’t travel well since starting the injections I am about 12 years ago, as in I can’t be a passenger for more than about a mile without throwing up so think it is the effects of the travel. I once went in a dead slow kids ride with my daughter when she was about 5 and it was about three days before I was right. Saturday into Sunday was horrific, 28 hours of very high winds with gusts over 60mph and 30ft waves. I was uttterly fucked the entire time. I am going to try and get some of the stuff mentioned above and also going for a curry. I know it sounds mad but I have often found that really spicy food settles dodgy guts down (yup I am weird).

1 hour ago, Tamworthbay said:

Hopefully not, I don’t travel well since starting the injections I am about 12 years ago, as in I can’t be a passenger for more than about a mile without throwing up so think it is the effects of the travel. I once went in a dead slow kids ride with my daughter when she was about 5 and it was about three days before I was right. Saturday into Sunday was horrific, 28 hours of very high winds with gusts over 60mph and 30ft waves. I was uttterly fucked the entire time. I am going to try and get some of the stuff mentioned above and also going for a curry. I know it sounds mad but I have often found that really spicy food settles dodgy guts down (yup I am weird).

If medication was making me travel sick or worse then I would be straight back to my GP to have a review and an alternative treatment if possible.

Ginger is good for the stomach bit (and is found in a lot of curries as a spice), also peppermint. Next time you have to go somewhere in a car as a passenger look at a fixed point, plenty of fresh air/open windows and don't read or look at your phone. Really does help for me

1 hour ago, dozeydustman said:

If medication was making me travel sick or worse then I would be straight back to my GP to have a review and an alternative treatment if possible.

Ginger is good for the stomach bit (and is found in a lot of curries as a spice), also peppermint. Next time you have to go somewhere in a car as a passenger look at a fixed point, plenty of fresh air/open windows and don't read or look at your phone. Really does help for me

For most people I would agree and it’s generally sound advice,, but being able to function at 99% of previous levels compared to being crippled with arthritis for two months of the year means you accept a certain level of side effects. I have been offered alternatives (but not because of the travel sickness) but am loathed to give up a drug that basically gave me my life back after ten years of hell. Generally I can manage it pretty well but the North Sea in a hurricane just killed it! I have tried pretty much every alternative therapy/ food etc and none of them work. To get even a mile I have to hang my head out the window like a bloody Labrador. It’s not a major issue as I like driving usually and can use these patches when I travel as they work perfectly for normal transport.

Sh*t ! F*ck ! B*ll*cks !  My van won't start. On the way to work today

it cut out for a few seconds 3/4 times. I'm pretty sure its the injector 

pump and I'm well pissed off as I had it reconditioned about 18 months

ago for £200. 

Took an injector pipe off to find nothing coming out, but fuel getting to 

the pump. Now I've got to find someone to haul/tow it to the mechanic who is 

less than a mile down the road. Hopefully he knows someone. 

I don't suppose there is a shiter in the West Mids who could lend me some/any

wheels for a few days is there ? in exchange for some beer tokens ? No ?  Probs not.

30 minutes ago, puddlethumper said:

wheels for a few days is there ? in exchange for some beer tokens ? No ?  Probs not.

Would be more than happy to lend you wheels but fear Aberdeen is a bit far away and I am in France so cannot help with collection either. But can give this a free bump.

54 minutes ago, puddlethumper said:

Sh*t ! F*ck ! B*ll*cks !  My van won't start. On the way to work today

it cut out for a few seconds 3/4 times. I'm pretty sure its the injector 

pump and I'm well pissed off as I had it reconditioned about 18 months

ago for £200. 

Took an injector pipe off to find nothing coming out, but fuel getting to 

the pump. Now I've got to find someone to haul/tow it to the mechanic who is 

less than a mile down the road. Hopefully he knows someone. 

Have you made sure the pump solenoid hasn't stuck shut?

Just now, puddlethumper said:

Ooh, good shout on that. I've had trouble with solenoids before. Doh and ting.

Will hook it out tomorrow.

Just remove the small moving part inside,replace it on the pump and see if it runs then.You can use the manual lever to switch off.

5 minutes ago, artdjones said:

Just remove the small moving part inside,replace it on the pump and see if it runs then.You can use the manual lever to switch off.

Agreed Art, I had probs a couple of years ago with solenoids that I bought and didn't work. 

I got it down to about 5 mins to hook it out, after the first two shit ones.

No manual lever so I just stalled it till a new shit one arrived, rinse and repeat.

Went through about four I think. First one lasted 3 f*ckin days, FFS, and the next

2 about two weeks. Chinese probably.

I'm usually quite good at buying the right thing off the right person on eBay.

Before thing arrived, item was removed from ebay (so I now can't request a return, should have rung alarm bells).

Thing arrived today, didn't work, after an hour or so of trying to make it work, five minutes of googling suggests it's a fake, twenty seconds looking at the seller's feedback shows previous buyers have bought a fake version of the same item off of him. 

Whilst ebay may well refund me (I've started that process) I feel like a right mug. 

Was having a brilliant dream about zombies this morning, really detailed. I'd just found a couple of chainsaws in this deserted building and was getting ready to end a few walkers, next thing the Alpha from The Whisperers turns up and is in charge of the bloody Saviours. They proceeded to take the chainsaws and others bits and pieces and then demanded a regular quota for me to fill. Fuckers, am pissed off and grumpy. Why couldn't they just bloody well leave me alone. Cunts.