The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I am thinking of getting a hat saying “xxxxx is a cunt” and wearing that.  After all if I am in my own home dialling in i can wear home working attire
If he complains or threatens me, I will do the next one in a hat saying “last hat still applies”
I have my video call mug...it gets noticed occasionally.d10f1da9bfa27609be1d367bffef5fb2.jpg

Another knockback from a job application this morning, that makes 29. Can I make it 30? Possibly, one still in the pipeline.

I thought I'd celebrate with a bowl of instant porridge but as I opened it the sachet slipped out my fingers, cascaded down my front and exploded on the floor. 

13 hours ago, Schaefft said:

This is the first time I'm posting in this thread, and it won't change anything but: I've been driving from Goodwood all the way back to Newcastle yesterday and experienced the whole misery of what is long distant traveling (during the day) in this country. Why are a majority of people here completely incapable of using the inside lanes? Some sections I've been on were 4-lane motorways, yet it was impossible to go 70 on unobstructed sections of road because nobody would move over to the inside lanes, while at the same time leaving 100m+ gaps in front of them. I realize that there are ******* (self censored) all over the roads that believe going 55mph in their Getz is perfectly acceptable, to the point where trucks have to use the 3rd lane in flowing traffic to overtake others. But if the roads are mostly clear and there is no reason to block the entire motorway, move the hell over. This shit is exactly the reason why I will never support a general speedlimit on the Autobahn. Some people really need the fear of being rearend by someone going 100mph to realize that they are holding up everyone behind them.

I just undertake them while giving them the wanker sign. Fucks me right off. I do it at least once a day. Some of them are that thick they still don't pull over. A19 north of the tunnel here.

I did somewhere between 20-30 miles on the M25 Sat where I was overtaking all the outside lanes in the second lane, WTF are these idiots on and did they get their driving licence on a box of corn flakes?  Its not as if is hard to move over and it is safer too if you have car issues being in the right lane bell ends the lot of them.

18 hours ago, 72_square said:

I've just come back from a holiday in the USA.  Two weeks of driving on their roads and I can say that we really need to be able to pass/overtake on any lane like they do.  Also turning right (or left in our case) on red traffic lights when it is clear would also help things along.  They also pull over onto the edge of the road when an emergency vehicle is coming (in either direction).  Everything was much more relaxed and no one needs to drive up people's arses.  You get the odd lane weaver, but nothing as bad as over here (that I saw).  Never had to pay for car parking either.

Not sure where you were but driving in American cities is appalling, insane lane changes, driving inches off your bumper, speeding up to block you changing lanes, on the phone all the time.  Driving out of the cities is OK but that's true of most places.

Do agree that passing on both sides and left on red would both be changes for the better but unlikely to happen as the British objection to 'undertaking' is so deep-seated.

On the end of our honeymoon a couple of years ago we ended up in LA. Took 4hrs to cover 10 miles but that's another story. Traffic did the usual waves of high speed to almost stationary. Virtually everytime it happened there was a bump somewhere. I even had to make a dash into another lane to avoid a F150 hitting into the back of us who couldn't stop as quick. Must have witnessed 6 bumps in that time. Yes there was an awful lot of cars on 6+ lane highways, so the probability will be higher but still. 

Another can't be fucking arsed day.

Washed the car, was going to wax and polish it. Now I can't be arsed.

Got the vinyl stripes out I bought for it months ago.

Looked at the instructions again, yep fuck that too. Currently I'd rather drink bleach than piss around on my drive while people gawp at me like I'm from the moon.

I'll probably go upstairs in a bit and waste the rest of the day watching YouTube.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SiC said:

On the end of our honeymoon a couple of years ago we ended up in LA. Took 4hrs to cover 10 miles but that's another story. Traffic did the usual waves of high speed to almost stationary. Virtually everytime it happened there was a bump somewhere. I even had to make a dash into another lane to avoid a F150 hitting into the back of us who couldn't stop as quick. Must have witnessed 6 bumps in that time. Yes there was an awful lot of cars on 6+ lane highways, so the probability will be higher but still. 

I feel ya m8.  If I never have to drive in LA again it'll be too soon.

3 hours ago, cort1977 said:

Not sure where you were but driving in American cities is appalling, insane lane changes, driving inches off your bumper, speeding up to block you changing lanes, on the phone all the time.  Driving out of the cities is OK but that's true of most places.

Do agree that passing on both sides and left on red would both be changes for the better but unlikely to happen as the British objection to 'undertaking' is so deep-seated.

Orlando and then down around around Tampa to Sarasota.  Roads were always pretty busy and normally 3/4/5 lanes wide.  Even the shitty lesser city roads have two lanes as a minimum.  About 900 miles covered in a big, cluck off Chevy Tahoe :) Nice V8 grumble

Oh and today I've just done 200 miles up and down the M1 to that there London and I can confirm that UK motorways are still crap.  Plenty of people undertaking all the doofers in Lane 3 that won't move over at 65/70mph.  Don't get me started on smart motorways and those bloody gantry speed signs that change from 50 to 60 to 40 to 70 to 50 to 40 to 60 to 40 to 70...............................every 100m.

Work again!

Fuck me I will murder someone.  Today we are all sitting in a meet discussing some investments our guys have planned.  However the guy said “obviously this is all hush hush for the mo so don’t go telling your clients any names, etc”

Fair enough.  Information like that is normally embargoed and what am I going to do?  Tell our rivals and give them an edge?  I don’t think so.

Anyway, WeaselCunt (bosses new nickname) immediately sends around an email stating that “anyone caught revealing this information will be subject to disciplinary procedures and probable dismissal”.   I mean what the fuck?  I am tempted to go to HR and complain that he is questioning my professional integrity with absolutely no grounds to do so.  Might get one or two of the others involved.  

Probably best watch “Mutiny on the Bounty” first so I know what I am doing.  Or “Mutiny on the Buses”, probably just as useful.

My new car (not new) is on hold, not permanant hold just a hold while the front bumper twat head dealer buggered is repaired.  Proving to be more than just sand down and repaint just like I suspected. Also, the CLK has departed the household and is already sadly missed. :(  New owner seems happy though, the git!  :)  

But as I whinged and whined (something I am really good at) I am getting a loan car on Thursday or Friday. Now this dealer has all sorts up to V12 Aston Martins, wonder if the loaner will be one of them?

2 hours ago, plasticvandan said:

There's a C15 come up for sale 3 miles away,mot til Nov,£250 the grump is its almost certainly rotten and I can't weld

Is that the one in pershore? I went to look at it for spares for mine but it wasn't worth the money just to break it. The parts I wanted where no better than mine. Cab roof was stoved in as he had stood on it. I'd have loved the roof rack of it though. Rear doors wouldn't shut properly as mechanism was bent. Drove ok, brakes needed a good shove. I walked away for once as I had an attack of common sense.

On 8/12/2019 at 8:24 PM, HillmanImp said:

I'm neck deep in a big project that it about to go a bit wrong. Not terribly wrong on the scale of things but it's one of those things that 'important' people will latch onto and complain about to people whose job it is to suck up to 'important' people and pander to their impossible demands. 

The issue has arisen as I was delivering a bit of software to the live environment but it was delayed because, you know things just don't always go as planned. I worked out what the issues were and set about amending them but I got loads of grief off the people that suck up to 'important' people, that I reluctantly pushed it through to live knowing there were issues but with limited impact to that particular project.

Turns out on another project (the one that's about to got a bit tits up), because they both share code it does have a bit of an impact. Fuck oh, well. I'll have to get the original code amended to get it to run for these 800 or so clients. It won't take long.

Oh, apparently we 'don't have time' say the people whose job it is to suck up to 'important' people as they've promised something without checking if it was possible first.  'Why wasn't this sorted before it was delivered to live' they ask. Apparently because 'you told me to deliver it as it was' isn't a good enough answer.

Whats annoying is it's not even my job to do this. I just picked it up as I was the best person to get it to where it is now. So to compound the issue when my manager finds out they'll read me the riot act for even getting involved.

giphy.gif

On 8/12/2019 at 9:31 AM, Sir Chocolate Teapot said:

IMG_20190812_102259.thumb.jpg.503d0e1fabba02164623b02e7f0dc5a6.jpg

The writing implies comfort

Quite literally "does it my arse !"

Are ones like this not for the purpose of accommodating lady parts?

9 hours ago, dean36014 said:

Is that the one in pershore? I went to look at it for spares for mine but it wasn't worth the money just to break it. The parts I wanted where no better than mine. Cab roof was stoved in as he had stood on it. I'd have loved the roof rack of it though. Rear doors wouldn't shut properly as mechanism was bent. Drove ok, brakes needed a good shove. I walked away for once as I had an attack of common sense.

Thanks for the road test! :-)

Would the rain please have the common decency to stay outside?  Please...

IMG_20190814_123622.thumb.jpg.71eabf7a48107e1e465f8d52fbab3e89.jpg

The flashing over the conservatory is stuffed.

When the wind is in just the right direction you get water in behind the wood panelling and this happens.

It also leaks like a sieve out there, but that's less of an issue as it stays outside the actual house at least.

I have been trying to get it fixed since 2014. 

So far the only people willing to touch it were a bunch of cowboys who made it worse and fleeced us to the tune of £1600.

It's too unusual a structure for any domestic roofers to touch, and none of the commercial guys will touch us because we're not a trade customer.  It's utterly maddening.