The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Ebay peeing me off as a buyer. I want a single one of these with a tyre with tread:

bf-goodrich-all-terrain-245-75-16-on-dis

I've sussed if you type "discovery wheel" into the search you get er, discovery wheels. Adding TD5 which usually gets you D2 stuff just adds in 'breakin wheel nut m8' and other unrelated stuff. So look thru until I find one, simples?

Nope, 'cos the cock mytyres has listed everything he sells as fits every car ever made. So there's thousands of results like steel wheels BUGATTI Isidor 5B-1 205/55 R16 91V Sunny summer (Fits: Discovery) , and the filter out arsehole sellers option is grayed out. Nice one ebay.

Er, in the unlikely event anyone has a single disco 2 tempest alloy with a 235/70/16 on it please hit me up!

1 hour ago, jakebullet said:

Ebay peeing me off as a buyer. I want a single one of these with a tyre with tread:

bf-goodrich-all-terrain-245-75-16-on-dis

I've sussed if you type "discovery wheel" into the search you get er, discovery wheels. Adding TD5 which usually gets you D2 stuff just adds in 'breakin wheel nut m8' and other unrelated stuff. So look thru until I find one, simples?

Nope, 'cos the cock mytyres has listed everything he sells as fits every car ever made. So there's thousands of results like steel wheels BUGATTI Isidor 5B-1 205/55 R16 91V Sunny summer (Fits: Discovery) , and the filter out arsehole sellers option is grayed out. Nice one ebay.

Er, in the unlikely event anyone has a single disco 2 tempest alloy with a 235/70/16 on it please hit me up!

Disco 1 - no good I take it ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Defender-Discovery-1-Rrc-Alloy-Wheels-And-Tyres-235-70-16/283554917908?hash=item420530ae14:g:b-YAAOSwfuddM4Hw

I always search by tyre size  in the search box then filter down to wheels and tyres - this one popped up on the first page.

Having a meal outside a nice pub, and some Cheshire Set birds are having some sort of sales boasting competition. The 'leader' has not shut the fuck up since they got here about 45 minutes ago 

33 minutes ago, Rovorsche said:

Its been a while since I used Ebay but from memory if you put any term after a minus it used to exclude stuff, doesnt include sellers.

Under more refinements>filter>seller  then tick the box "Only show items from" and the exclude is active

Aha! Stupid ebay, if you change search to nearest first it disables the exclude seller thing. Works on the default search.

Disco 1 wheels don't fit, they changed the pcd.

I've been regretting not pulling my finger out and fitting the new A/C drive belt to the Rover.  Left off work at 1.30 today and it was 34º in the shade.  The car, which had been parked in the sun, was somewhat warmer.  The wooden bits of the steering wheel were too hot to touch, and I very nearly burned my arse on the seat.  Thank feck I went for a car with beige leather rather than black.

15 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Our lounge/kitchen a couple of hour ago.

IMG_20190724_171930.thumb.jpg.2b8f93be3d2ea45e2ec28b068880b452.jpg

The portable AC units are managing to keep the master bedroom down to about 25C.

Why haven't we just got a proper fixed system installed yet?!?

Oh...yeah...because it's about £10K of work, that's why.

The ac in work was just about coping today, but fighting against the instrument furnaces at 1100degrees as well,

I really hate moaning about the temperatures. My dear father in law will mention, almost moment by moment, how hot it is. It’s as exhausting to listen to him as it is to survive the temperature. 

Nonetheless. It’s too fucking hot. 

I experienced the same thing as Wuv getting into the Avensis today. Obligatory photo was taken, but I had to use a handkerchief (how fucking ‘Cambridge’?) to hold the wheel. I would guesstimate it was getting on for fiddy degrees in the car. 

09ACBB4B-D151-4A1D-BB02-018B029CF2A7.thumb.jpeg.a4855e6df2934f969d7bb8681c63ef1b.jpeg

Weirdly, the little green ‘Air Con’ light does fuck all to cool you down - and I’m too tight to make it actually mean something (regas m9)

Now off to sleep* like a beached whale in the recovery position. Until tomorrow chums! 

Something something modern something something ice cold air con

Had to make sure I parked it under cover at work today though, I normally park on the roof of the multi storey and it is insanely warm with the black / black leather / more black typically German interior

1AA2FE1B-339C-4255-9F78-EABC5801E5B4.thumb.jpeg.c73fc9f8ed7500930d7a2d8b64108d50.jpeg

Me too hot. House too hot. Expected 38 degrees tomorrow. Me happy it all end after tomorrow. Me want rain and cold for a while....

In other news the P38 thermometer was probably reading over 50. Didn't try to look because leather car, leather interior etc.

4 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Something something modern something something ice cold air con

Had to make sure I parked it under cover at work today though, I normally park on the roof of the multi storey and it is insanely warm with the black / black leather / more black typically German interior

1AA2FE1B-339C-4255-9F78-EABC5801E5B4.thumb.jpeg.c73fc9f8ed7500930d7a2d8b64108d50.jpeg

Yah yah yah. I get it. I’m not a complete luddite living off grid in a barely converted donut trailer or whatever - I’ve got an iPhone and EVERYTHING! 

I just... well... the thing... here’s the thing... basically it’s not me. They are brilliant at what they are, but - well you know. They’re about as appealing to me as a binge watch of Love Island and a ‘large’ weekend in Magaluf with the lads. 

It’s just not Lagom. 

Oh, and I’m tighter than a drum. 

Unfortunately, the AC in the Vectra doesn't work. I had it regassed for the last massively hot day we had some weeks back, but it leaked and was gone within a day.

I've been lucky so far* in that it hasn't got massively hot on the Vectra, I keep the windows very slightly open and the side window wind deflectors keep any seagul doings from entering the car.  The "limo" tints on the rear probably help from keepong direct sunlight out but generally act like radiators anyway when the air is warm.

Couple of weeks ago when I traded my old Galaxy, I sorted through what paperwork I had.

Of all the work I paid to have done in 6 years, about 60% was spent on the Aircon.

Regas, regas, condenser, regas, regas, pipe, regas.

I don't care. It was like a sodding greenhouse on wheels.

Following a family bereavement, and couple of months of frankly intolerable stress at work, culminating in attacks of shakes, vomiting what I think might have been blood, and some extremely dark thoughts, today I cracked, left work early and went to an urgent appointment at my GP practice, where they signed me off for a month. Terms were used along the lines of 'nervous breakdown' which is pretty worrying in itself, and I've had to report this back to senior management at work, who were largely unaware this was going on.

I bit off more than I could chew, and have laboured to make things work largely singlehandedly, and now paid the price in my mental health.

I'm not quite sure where to go from here, I need the time to recover and feel a weight has been lifted from my shoulders, but am in limbo regarding pay for the time I will be off - strictly speaking it will only be SSP which doesn't even cover the rent let alone anything else. I'm putting this to one side for now, and have set myself a list of small jobs which I will tackle one per day to start to rebuild myself. While I've struggled with my mental health in the past it has categorically never been this bad.

I'm also trying not to consider how I go about returning to the office in 4 weeks time and having 'that meeting'. I will have to make my case that managing 3 teams, 50% of which are new staff who need training on top of trying to deliver 50+ projects is not tenable for the foreseeable future and that I need to have fewer areas of responsibility if we don't want this to happen again in 6 months.

For now, I am trying to focus on the positive. The GP was understanding, the triage team were efficient and I've now got breathing space. For anyone else feeling similar, don't let it get to this point.

I love this weather, went to work in shorts today and will again tomorrow. Anyway that's not a grump..

I was following that chap on youtube called classic britain, young chap trying to run an absolute heap of a P6, he was tolerable but now become too gobby, shame really because it was really good watching this P6 constantly breakdown and them trying to fix it but its now gone from cringe tv to total little prat tv.  i'll catch up with Hubnut instead.

Following a family bereavement, and couple of months of frankly intolerable stress at work, culminating in attacks of shakes, vomiting what I think might have been blood, and some extremely dark thoughts, today I cracked, left work early and went to an urgent appointment at my GP practice, where they signed me off for a month. Terms were used along the lines of 'nervous breakdown' which is pretty worrying in itself, and I've had to report this back to senior management at work, who were largely unaware this was going on.
I bit off more than I could chew, and have laboured to make things work largely singlehandedly, and now paid the price in my mental health.
I'm not quite sure where to go from here, I need the time to recover and feel a weight has been lifted from my shoulders, but am in limbo regarding pay for the time I will be off - strictly speaking it will only be SSP which doesn't even cover the rent let alone anything else. I'm putting this to one side for now, and have set myself a list of small jobs which I will tackle one per day to start to rebuild myself. While I've struggled with my mental health in the past it has categorically never been this bad.
I'm also trying not to consider how I go about returning to the office in 4 weeks time and having 'that meeting'. I will have to make my case that managing 3 teams, 50% of which are new staff who need training on top of trying to deliver 50+ projects is not tenable for the foreseeable future and that I need to have fewer areas of responsibility if we don't want this to happen again in 6 months.
For now, I am trying to focus on the positive. The GP was understanding, the triage team were efficient and I've now got breathing space. For anyone else feeling similar, don't let it get to this point.
Sorry to hear this Stanky but glad you've made the first move and visited your GP and got signed of sick.

Few quick bits of advice..

Firstly join the appropriate trade union, most have a qualifying membership period for legal advice but many reps will provide advice and a listening ear with minimal membership, just don't join online and then call for advice half hour later! They may come along to a meeting with you and provide support..

Secondly consider counselling, whilst the gp may have put you on a waiting list it may be worth looking to local volunteer run ones, don't discount ones in churches, they are often just based there..

Three, talk to friends and get out of the house, walk, join the library, don't let four walls close in around you...

*Just my thoughts, 15 yrs as a union rep and wife is a counsellor...

Get well soon
Steve

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Thanks Floatylight

The kids are on holiday now so plenty to keep me out of the house doing stuff with them which is going to be theraputic I hope, The GP put me onto a non-referral councilling website which I shall investigate tomorrow and see whats what with that. I just needed some breathing room which I now have, so I need to make the most of it to build myself back up and charge my batteries up too.

I've been poking about TU's a while back and never went anywhere with them, I've got time to play with now so will be looking into that too. As ever, should have got it sorted a while back!

wednesday was my 45th birthday.

i "celebrated" by going to work.

it has been slightly hotter than the surface of the sun.

32 celsius at the loading doors, 45 degrees at the top of A-row, next to the driers......... 

at least i was only there for 8 hours, not the 12 hours that the plebs on the presses have to endure!

8 hours ago, Stanky said:

I bit off more than I could chew, and have laboured to make things work largely singlehandedly....

I am actually doing this now. However, I can see an end to it before the year is out. I didn't get the payrise I asked for and I feel massively unappreciated at work. The wife still doesn't realise the amount of labouring I am doing to make things work. 

I am trying to make it work in my own way.  The last couple of months have been harsh financially, next couple of months may well be too.  However, there is finally a clear way for me to bring the wife here which I am working on now and therea few otger positive things on the pipeline.

Hope you pull through Stanky. Take is easy chap and take some time.

On 7/13/2019 at 5:35 PM, sierraman said:

I apologise now if I’m going to upset any dog owners... We’ve been entrusted, unbeknownst to me, to look after the in laws dog. Who on earth signs up for this? It’s a PITA! The god forsaken thing is constantly under my feet, pestering the kids, pissing in the kitchen. It’s like having kids but with none of the benefits of them. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I didn't realise there was ever an upside for kids.  Dogs, on the other hand...

10 hours ago, Stanky said:

Cap doffed for having the spuds to take action. It’s infinitely easier to stay in the rut, so congratulate yourself for doing something positive. 

You have done a lot for this site and our community and I’m sure I’d not be the only person happy to chip in if you end up on SSP. Just please let us give the fundraiser an amusing name ?.

In the meantime, be kind to yourself man x

Currys. Just spent £WTF on a new washing machine and dishwasher, top of the line Bosch stuff to replace the god awful shite that came with my house

They just called to confirm my delivery and then tell me all about their lovely care plan and how shit the manufacturer’s warranty support will be. 

How the fuck is this still legal? (Thin ice to be fair, wrapping up marketing into a service call - GDPR etc) 

My response would be to cancel.the order. 

Are you telling me that they are not the best most reliable products on the planet, and that they won't last 22 years without any maintenance? Well you've miss sold them. 

2 hours ago, purplebargeken said:

Mo, what the actual fuck?? You haven't but a colleague with less time in post has??

Technically, no. My colleague has had a payrise, she has been there a few months more than I have and she is a lot faster and efficient than I am. The new 21-year old girl who has just started has no experience of working on this industry has just been taken on will be earning a lot more than me as she is replacing the business manager who is leaving, this leaves me to be the lowest paid in my department.