The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Some silly bint pulled straight out on me yesterday as I was on the moped thing. Even worse as I screamed at her to speed up, she actually slowed down. Lord knows how I didn't hit her car, her smug grin evaporated though when I drew level and a volley of expletives were levelled at her. 

I need to weld all along the O/S inner sill on the Jag. Plus the foot well. N/S doesn't look as bad but I've not poked around yet. 

Not sure if I've got it in me. Few years ago I'd be happy scrambling under a rusty old car but instead I just feel like crying. :(

I did the same repair to the Volksy/Barefoot one a few years ago but have just been staring at this for hours with occasional flurries of grinding then depression. 

I know I'd forever regret it if I scrapped it but don't know what to do. I've not got the time to do it or the physical or mental strength. 

Not sure if I should store it. Is it worth it? Its pretty fucked. Think I might bung it in the car park of a flat we've got in Bingley until I'm in a better place. 

It's always heartbreaking when I have to drop the littlun back at his mum's, but today was worse as he suddenly went from happy and chatty, to quiet and sullen, then floods of tears and wouldn't let go. In the end I had to leave him in a crumpled heap on the doorstep with his mum consoling him. 

Cried a river myself on the way home. ?

Who said this gets easier? ?

45 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

It's always heartbreaking when I have to drop the littlun back at his mum's, but today was worse as he suddenly went from happy and chatty, to quiet and sullen, then floods of tears and wouldn't let go. In the end I had to leave him in a crumpled heap on the doorstep with his mum consoling him. 

Cried a river myself on the way home. ?

Who said this gets easier? ?

This weekend was my first time having the kids picked up and then not being here

I'm crying again now, ffs

Fuse went bang on the way to the yard this morning, followed by acrid smell of burning and cloud of smoke.

Fuse easily fixed with new fuse.

Not so easily fixed is CX's HVAC blower motor, which turned out to be source of the burning. Will need a new one.....

image.jpeg

There's a new simplified* online registration proceces here. 

I've been on line all afternon.

Go to new ANTS site, can't log in, have to go France Connect first. Go there and have to set up an account. Fair enough. 

Start the 4 simple steps, which involves digging out tax I'ID and social security ID which of course reduces my office to looking like a paper recycling center on a windy day.

Next was to download an app which obviously means finding more bits of paper to scan in.

Then the app wants to take a pic to compare with my passport.

Ok that seems simple.

Holds phone for a selfy, message comes up that I can't read, puts glasses on ,backgrounds not good, phone takes picture, gets another message saying take pic without glasses, try again, anothr message, put glasses back on, apparently my eyes were closed, takes picture, messaged again about glasses. Repeat sequence for half an hour....

Eventually log back into ANTS and get going up loading the necessary documents, seems to be going well, click submit and get an error message "phone us on 12456678"

Well that's not happening in France on a Sunday particularly as it's Bastille day, so spend more time googling possible why's.

Most likely is file size of documents. So I rescanned everything again in lower resolution.

I think I've cracked it. ANTS have send me a provisional document so I can legally drive the Buick now.

I think I've earned an extra beer tonight.

Simplified my arse.

I've a mate who does that on Facebook endlessly. F1, footie, cricket you name it, there's a post within minutes of the end of the race/match from him giving the game away.

He's an actual pal in real life rather than just a FB acquaintance but I know not to go near my feed if I'm waiting to watch a recording of something sporty.

The cock in the 68 reg Bini with the Union flag indicators who decided to crawl along a national speed limit country lane at snail speed, when I needed the 214 to stretch its legs. Went for a perfect overtake on a long straight. As soon as I indicate and pull out the  muppet speeds up.

Thankfully the awesome* power of the 214 and a very long third gear meant I chewed the Bini up and spat it out.

But what a twatty thing to do. Then got the high beams and the fog lights as he became a tiny speck in my rear view mirror. 

Fucknugget.

7 hours ago, MikeR said:

still another week to go till the start of my 6 weeks holiday !!! 

its starting to drag ......

Fuck Off.  

No seriously.  You might be my brother in law but this sort of smugness gets my fucking goat. 

I've just had my summer break.  3 nights in a boat house on Rudyard Lake near Leek, staffs. With wife, grown up children and their partners. Was too short. 

The first 2 nights, wife's on the pop, and fairly merry, and gets a good night's sleep for once in 20 weeks.  On the.Last night she can't sleep.due to agony of her shoulder.  Apparently Neproxin needs to be combined with ginger vodka lime apricot cocktail  to work effectively and she decided not to drink in the third night. 

The house hunt is going great*.  I have been learning the local lingo for rented properties.  Prices start at £850 pcm for a two bedroom property which is only that on a technicality, and goes up quite a long way from there.

Off road parking - a space tucked around the back of the property large enough to store a Sinclair C5.  If it's around the back of the property, access is narrower than the space provided.

Modernised - everything is painted in the cheapest white paint possible.  Everything.

Spacious - The opposite of this

Period features - old shit they couldn't figure out how to remove and so painted white.

Close to local amenities - there's four schools and you can see all of them from your living room.  Alternatively, right on a busy A-road.  Alternatively, both of these things.

Desirable location - The opposite of this

Community/shared parking - an area not large enough to park one vehicle per property that's poorly maintained and with access that's a danger to both door mirrors and suspension

An excellent opportunity - The opposite of this

Maisonette - a small house that's been carved up into even smaller flats, like it's the 60s or something.

Ideal for professionals - a really small shithole, painted white throughout

Large garden - usually true.  However, the term 'garden' is applied in only the very loosest sense

Garage - Shed

In need of modernisation - Can't be arsed to paint everything white.  Only the carpet the previous tenant died on has been removed.  Nothing has been cleaned.  Last decorated in 1975.  (This one usually applies to stuff for sale than rent)

Ideal family home - An interior that looks like an explosion in a paint factory and an explosion in a soup factory, with questionable stains on the carpets, broken plastic toys in the Large Garden (see above), and a wheelie bin with the wrong house number on it.  See also Close To Local Amenities, and Desirable Location, above.

Was just thinking "must be in the next week or so the Lada's MOT is up..." but couldn't find it on my calendar.

Dug out the paperwork.  7the June.  Oops.

Excuse me while I go and find someone to kick my head in.  I'm really careful with stuff like that but still manage to foul it up.

Oh well...no backup vehicle for FotU then!  It's plan A or bust.

Other grump: I started trying to sell the Lada the moment it passed the last MOT.  It's expired now and the damn thing is still here!

5 hours ago, vulgalour said:

The house hunt is going great*.  I have been learning the local lingo for rented properties.  Prices start at £850 pcm for a two bedroom property which is only that on a technicality, and goes up quite a long way from there.

Off road parking - a space tucked around the back of the property large enough to store a Sinclair C5.  If it's around the back of the property, access is narrower than the space provided.

Modernised - everything is painted in the cheapest white paint possible.  Everything.

Spacious - The opposite of this

Period features - old shit they couldn't figure out how to remove and so painted white.

Close to local amenities - there's four schools and you can see all of them from your living room.  Alternatively, right on a busy A-road.  Alternatively, both of these things.

Desirable location - The opposite of this

Community/shared parking - an area not large enough to park one vehicle per property that's poorly maintained and with access that's a danger to both door mirrors and suspension

An excellent opportunity - The opposite of this

Maisonette - a small house that's been carved up into even smaller flats, like it's the 60s or something.

Ideal for professionals - a really small shithole, painted white throughout

Large garden - usually true.  However, the term 'garden' is applied in only the very loosest sense

Garage - Shed

In need of modernisation - Can't be arsed to paint everything white.  Only the carpet the previous tenant died on has been removed.  Nothing has been cleaned.  Last decorated in 1975.  (This one usually applies to stuff for sale than rent)

Ideal family home - An interior that looks like an explosion in a paint factory and an explosion in a soup factory, with questionable stains on the carpets, broken plastic toys in the Large Garden (see above), and a wheelie bin with the wrong house number on it.  See also Close To Local Amenities, and Desirable Location, above.

Go for the one with the white paint.  So much better than magnolia

19 hours ago, HillmanImp said:

Fuckkit. I'm off out to give it another go. 

LETS DO THIS! 

I sort of did it. Did some of the shittest welding ever to remove the hole below (picture of shit welding not included). 

IMG_20190715_101647922.thumb.jpg.3c3962aa8427cbf8b8f2b216ef54865a.jpg

I think that will just be to stop mice moving in whilst I store it and decide what to do though. 

Life. Literally just general fucking bastard life....

Wife - on my back about various things. Gets the arse with me.

Work - on my back about some arsehole customer who acts all arsey because they didn't get thier way so left bad feedback. Colleagues get arsey with me as it's my fault.

Money - asked for a payrise, collegue gets one after a year of service, I don't, I ask, I don't get an answer. Meanwhile I'm fucking struggling again, dipping into the money that is supposed to be for my wifes visa.

Family - all sorted but did get arsey with me because of my constant struggling.

I am literally on the edge of losing my shit. I actually feel shakey.