The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Hard to know what you're moaning about, tbh. I went to see the Bermuda Philharmonic Orchestra last night and half way through the triangle player just disappeared.

53 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Hard to know what you're moaning about, tbh. I went to see the Bermuda Philharmonic Orchestra last night and half way through the triangle player just disappeared.

The rest of the orchestra subsequently crashed without warning.

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

You think you've got problems. I had to call the police out to the wife as she refused to take her afternoon nap.

They arrested her for resisting arrest.

The house move saga continues.  The house my other half is currently renting and which I'd started to move my stuff into is now, presumably, being sold by the landlord so it needs to be vacated by the end of August.  Super!  That means faffing about trying to find another rental property suitable at short notice and a hit to the savings for both of us when we could do without it.

We're trying to be positive about it and hoping we can find somewhere at least with flatter off-road parking and maybe even a bit more internal space.

52 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

The house move saga continues.  The house my other half is currently renting and which I'd started to move my stuff into is now, presumably, being sold by the landlord so it needs to be vacated by the end of August.  Super!  That means faffing about trying to find another rental property suitable at short notice and a hit to the savings for both of us when we could do without it.

We're trying to be positive about it and hoping we can find somewhere at least with flatter off-road parking and maybe even a bit more internal space.

They can't make you move out by end August, 3 months is the minimum they can give you, and then you really don't have to if you want to be awkward/cannot find somewhere to live, as long as you keep paying the rent they will have to evict you, they might even pay you to leave, you have a lot of rights as a tenant and sometimes it pays to play the game. 

7 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

They can't make you move out by end August, 3 months is the minimum they can give you, and then you really don't have to if you want to be awkward/cannot find somewhere to live, as long as you keep paying the rent they will have to evict you, they might even pay you to leave, you have a lot of rights as a tenant and sometimes it pays to play the game. 

Unless his landlord is a Rachman clone.

I apologise now if I’m going to upset any dog owners... We’ve been entrusted, unbeknownst to me, to look after the in laws dog. Who on earth signs up for this? It’s a PITA! The god forsaken thing is constantly under my feet, pestering the kids, pissing in the kitchen. It’s like having kids but with none of the benefits of them. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I apologise now if I’m going to upset any dog owners... We’ve been entrusted, unbeknownst to me, to look after the in laws dog. Who on earth signs up for this? It’s a PITA! The god forsaken thing is constantly under my feet, pestering the kids, pissing in the kitchen. It’s like having kids but with none of the benefits of them. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Don't forget picking up their turds when you take them for a walk ?

35 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I apologise now if I’m going to upset any dog owners.... It’s like having kids but with none of the benefits of them. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Are there benefits to having children? At least my dogs are generally affectionate and pleased to see me.

It could be worse though, you could have been asked to look after a horse.

(I quite like horses, but they seem to cost about the same to run as a Bentley)

25 minutes ago, sierraman said:

...I don’t get those who bag the shit up, then chuck the bag of shit into the bushes. 

....or carefully hang the bags in a hedge or low tree branch....

2 minutes ago, anonymous user said:

.....could be worse though, you could have been asked to look after a horse.

(I quite like horses, but they seem to cost about the same to run as a Bentley)

I have and do. I still prefer horses. And their output tends to be biodegradable.

Decided to take the BX today for errands instead of the Princess and because of one incident I'm very glad I did.  Same roundabout that always causes grief, I'm already on the thing, indicating, about to take my exit when some dozy pillock pulls out in front of me.  Emergency stopped and even managed to stall the BX in the process.  How I didn't collect the car behind me I have no idea.  Had I been in the Princess, even though the brakes on it are now excellent, there's absolutely no way I would have stopped in time and that would have been the end of that.  I really can't grasp the logic of why they pulled out in front of me, they looked at the car, they must have seen the indicator on, my road position was such that I was obviously exiting and given where we both ended up stopped with the front of my car blocking the front of their's, there was absolutely no space for them to go into.  Roundabouts are incredibly sensible inventions, it's just a shame that so many people don't know how to use them properly.

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

I'm the polar opposite and say those exact same words but with regards to kids.  A dog yes maybe, kids? Not a fckin chance.  I leave shops and public places promptly if there are screaming kids about.

Take the dog for a nice long walk and wear it out, then it should chill, hopefully.  They are still a tie though no doubt about it.

10 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

Decided to take the BX today for errands instead of the Princess and because of one incident I'm very glad I did.  Same roundabout that always causes grief, I'm already on the thing, indicating, about to take my exit when some dozy pillock pulls out in front of me.  Emergency stopped and even managed to stall the BX in the process.  How I didn't collect the car behind me I have no idea.  Had I been in the Princess, even though the brakes on it are now excellent, there's absolutely no way I would have stopped in time and that would have been the end of that.  I really can't grasp the logic of why they pulled out in front of me, they looked at the car, they must have seen the indicator on, my road position was such that I was obviously exiting and given where we both ended up stopped with the front of my car blocking the front of their's, there was absolutely no space for them to go into.  Roundabouts are incredibly sensible inventions, it's just a shame that so many people don't know how to use them properly.

Vulg I feel your pain, down here in the busy SE that type of thing happens so often. Some people don't look because frankly they are poor drivers but its the ones that look right AT YOU and then go. I mean ffs, do they just think whatever he'll stop.

This morning mr clever pulled across my side of the road and completely blocked my right of way, he couldn't go anywhere so why do it?  I just pulled up to the side of his focus and waited whilst making eye contact and he did that thing where they try to pretend you're not really there but knowing they've dropped a bollock, sat there for a bit until he finally conceded and half apologised. 

p.s. Good luck with the house, often one door closes and a better one opens so to speak.

1 hour ago, vulgalour said:

Some people are truly scary, my last motorbike accident happened when a woman who looked straight at me pulled out anyway. I hit the back of her car leaving a nice helmet print on the back window. When the police asked her if she had seen me she said yes, when they asked why she had pulled out if she had seen me she apparently replied ‘I don’t know’. How can you defend against drivers like that?

I have a number of email accounts (each oned used in connection with different things) which i refresh on my phone at least three times a day,

So why is it that about 15 minutes ago, about 150 emails, dating from 3rd July, just turned up in my "all accounts" in box?

Two of them were from HMRC regarding my NOVA application for my Monet Goyon. The only grin here is that they say I can now register it with the DVLA. Woo-hoo.

But still a grump.

1 hour ago, Tamworthbay said:

Some people are truly scary, my last motorbike accident happened when a woman who looked straight at me pulled out anyway. I hit the back of her car leaving a nice helmet print on the back window. When the police asked her if she had seen me she said yes, when they asked why she had pulled out if she had seen me she apparently replied ‘I don’t know’. How can you defend against drivers like that?

Come to my district:

2 hours ago, EssDeeWon said:

Vulg I feel your pain, down here in the busy SE that type of thing happens so often. Some people don't look because frankly they are poor drivers but its the ones that look right AT YOU and then go. I mean ffs, do they just think whatever he'll stop.

This morning mr clever pulled across my side of the road and completely blocked my right of way, he couldn't go anywhere so why do it?  I just pulled up to the side of his focus and waited whilst making eye contact and he did that thing where they try to pretend you're not really there but knowing they've dropped a bollock, sat there for a bit until he finally conceded and half apologised. 

p.s. Good luck with the house, often one door closes and a better one opens so to speak.

Essex is a shit show when it comes to driving. I've learned to be neither offensive or defensive when on the roads, more 'expect the worst and people will still surprise and dismay you' 

3 hours ago, EssDeeWon said:

I'm the polar opposite and say those exact same words but with regards to kids.  A dog yes maybe, kids? Not a fckin chance.  I leave shops and public places promptly if there are screaming kids about.

Take the dog for a nice long walk and wear it out, then it should chill, hopefully.  They are still a tie though no doubt about it.

To be fair he’s alright at the minute. Sat quiet, I think watching me build a workbench had some sort of soothing effect on him. I must have bored the fucker into submission. 

8 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Essex is a shit show when it comes to driving. I've learned to be neither offensive or defensive when on the roads, more 'expect the worst and people will still surprise and dismay you' 

I second that. One of the reasons I use a Volvo 740 daily.. 

Tamworth: you're alright now though, I trust?  I swear, most drivers aren't even aware bikers are a thing until they hit them and let's not even get started on the drivers that think cyclists shouldn't be given any space at all when overtaking them, or that horses are completely fine to drive past at a zillion miles an hour because nothing spooks horses, right?  There's only two things horses are actually afraid of: things that move, and things that don't.

9 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Yeah some if the driving isn't great, but it isn't a patch on what goes on inside the M25. Try driving around Hounslow, Heston, Southall etc....full of absolutely piss poor driving by "communal family licence" types.

18 hours ago, vulgalour said:

If he's selling it, has he found a buyer? If not he may be prepared to be flexible on the leave date.  If he has found a buyer, is the S21 legally correct? Even if it's correct you don't actually have to leave without a court order. And the wait is months.  If not correct wait until the date on it and refuse. Not a thing he can do....... 

Note I am a landlord and aware of the risks of renting out a property.  

Up here it's the farmers you've got to watch. I nearly went into the back of some tosser in Land Rover Defender towing a massive trailer with some kind of generator on. Just pulled out right in front of me at a roundabout when I had right of way, so i had to brake sharply to accommodate him.

Then later in the week, I witnessed a tractor, towing a trailer load of straw, pull out of a side road directly onto an NSL road into the path of oncoming traffic. 5+ cars had to slam on because of this knobhead.

Then, I got stuck behind a couple of Lycra warriors riding two abreast who refused to move over (single track road). Now fortunately, you don't see so many of these idiots up here (Essex is infested with them). But why is it always geezers I get stuck behind? I wouldn't mind so much if it was nice bouncy girly bums in Lycra I have to look at but its always bloody men. One of these twats had the words 'Stow' and 'market' printed on his cheeks as he's up on the pedals and desperately trying to go at car speed. Maybe that's where he left his sense that morning. Cockwomble.