The grumpy thread

outlaw118

On 7/8/2019 at 8:47 PM, captain_70s said:

As an update, I organised to collect this from the DPD depot after work today. Only when I arrived it transpired it'd actually been loaded onto a van and was out for delivery again but the driver had reported it as undeliverable because it wouldn't scan out, because it was logged in as to be kept in the depot for collection... The guy at the desk did say he'd phone the driver and see if he'd deliver it anyway and just have me sign for it manually but given he was supposed to be back at the depot at 21:00 I doubt that is going to occur...

Looks like I'll be heading out to Cambuslang tomorrow. Again

Final update. Went to the depot today, the driver wouldn't deliver it yesterday because computer said no.

A Triumph Acclaim exhaust only comes in two sections, one of these is very long. Longer than the cabin. It is also awkward as both ends turn 90 degrees, but in different directions. I had to un-pack the exhaust and take out the rear seat squab in the pissing rain to feed it through from the boot. It's left great dirty marks all over the seats. This wouldn't have been an issue had DPD actually managed to deliver the fucking thing.

I've not even tried to fit it yet and it's already an utter pain in the arse.

3 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Another day, another burago 1:24 scale arrives damaged. 

Not the seller's fault this time I might add, but frustrating nonetheless.

I have exactly the same model with the exact same fault. I'm guessing the plastic degrades over time because mine got damaged when I put it down after dusting the shelf it was on.

Not had the best evening ever tbh.  Got in from work about 9pm, went into the bathroom and the light switch broke.  So I need a new light switch, and the breakers on the fuse box aren't labelled so I have no idea which circuit the bathroom light is on - so I'm going to have to switch off the electric to the whole house to avoid zapping myself.  Then I broke one of the arms off my glasses, and whilst trying (unsuccessfully) to butcher a pair of Poundland sunglasses to borrow an arm off those, I stabbed myself in the thumb with a screwdriver.  I have (had) a spare pair of glasses somewhere, in a maroon case - do you think I can find the bastard things when I actually need them?

FFS.

In a massive fit of not fucking concentrating my current girlfriend has managed to write off my volvo against my van while pulling away from parked behind it. She has her own policy on the volvo luckily. I've owned it for 10 years or so and I love it to bits. We've been all over the county caravaning with it as well as trips abroad. I'm gutted.
A mate with a body shop has quoted me £450 if I buy the door to repair it. I'm hoping the insurance company will let me buy it back though. Not bothered in the least about the van although I still want it fixed. 310204c4d507068752b257e5006fb28d.jpg28d3d61e47b6638e7dd6517f5bea03d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, paulplom said:

In a massive fit of not fucking concentrating my current girlfriend has managed to write off my volvo against my van while pulling away from parked behind it. She has her own policy on the volvo luckily. I've owned it for 10 years or so and I love it to bits. We've been all over the county caravaning with it as well as trips abroad. I'm gutted.
A mate with a body shop has quoted me £450 if I buy the door to repair it. I'm hoping the insurance company will let me buy it back though. Not bothered in the least about the van although I still want it fixed. 310204c4d507068752b257e5006fb28d.jpg28d3d61e47b6638e7dd6517f5bea03d7.jpg

I told you to avoid wimmin for a while.  

Neighbour came back from a ride on his bike yesterday evening, left it on the drive ,went in the house for 5 minutes, came out to see some cunt in a hi viz vest riding it away , I'm sure the hi viz is the new cloak of invisibility , surely a thief wouldn't make themselves look so noticeable, yes they would

9 minutes ago, Wack said:

Neighbour came back from a ride on his bike yesterday evening, left it on the drive ,went in the house for 5 minutes, came out to see some cunt in a hi viz vest riding it away , I'm sure the hi viz is the new cloak of invisibility , surely a thief wouldn't make themselves look so noticeable, yes they would

Well there was the bloke who covered his face in lemon juice to make himself invisible to rob a bank a good few years ago, https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect

Bogus Official

I’m the man that you need on the day that it rains
I’m the wiser advisor on capital gains
I’m the lowlife pretending to look at your drains
I’m a bogus official
Don’t let me in

I’m the police, I’m the clergy, I’m Measures and Weights
I’m the chap doing the survey on alley gates
I need to know where you’ll be on the following dates
‘Cos I’m a bogus official
Nice dress

Courteous, friendly, jolly, and fat
With a smile saying, “Look, I know it’s under the mat
I don’t give a fuck about your missing cat”
B-O-G-U-S official

Name the band

She made a job of it....

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, paulplom said:

My (now)wife did exactly that 24 years ago with a renault Laguna, I'd only had it a month , she parked in an under the arches lock up through work, came back and somebody had parked a Luton van with it blocking 2ft of the exit

She went for it and the car looked exactly like yours , when I asked why she didn't go right she said I don't know the way home if I turn right 

I still married her because big tits trumped bad driving back then 

Fucking Insurance!

1998 Ford Galaxy 2.0 with 7 seats and Cat C or D (Can't remember which) = £38 per month.

2000 Nissan Almera 1.5..........................................................................................................= £41 per month

Go figure.

Pissed off now, this was about saving money.

16 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Go figure.

Pissed off now, this was about saving money.

Does that include your admin fee for change of policy? If so, depending on how many months you have left, the Almera IS cheaper to insure. I always get stung the £25 or whatever - even when it's an online change and you have paperless settings. Needless to say swapping cars every 5 minutes can never end up saving you money.

6 minutes ago, shedenvy said:

Does that include your admin fee for change of policy? If so, depending on how many months you have left, the Almera IS cheaper to insure. I always get stung the £25 or whatever - even when it's an online change and you have paperless settings. Needless to say swapping cars every 5 minutes can never end up saving you money.

I had a similar bizarre exchange back in 2016 when I bought my KIA. Along the lines of 'your annual premium has reduced by £50 so that'll be £75 extra for the change and the remianing 3 months of cover....'. An interesting* exchange of views took place.

46 minutes ago, shedenvy said:

My renewal is may. Across the year, it is a couple of quid more expensive apparently, but obviously exacerbated by the admin fee. Just surprised it was about the same yearly premium for both cars. 

6 minutes ago, Lacquer Peel said:
1 hour ago, TheDoctor said:

Don't say things like that, you'll break Autoshite emoji23.png

Are you actually enjoying this though?

Me? No. I was referring to the rest of Autoshite, who mostly seem to enjoy the madness. ?

4 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

My renewal is may. Across the year, it is a couple of quid more expensive apparently, but obviously exacerbated by the admin fee. Just surprised it was about the same yearly premium for both cars. 

I had a range rover 2002 with the 3.0D engine in, insured for £200 , i got a quote for a 1999 BMW 330D with the 3.0D engine in it, £450 , bought a MX5 £107 ,I'm sure it's a quote dartboard