The grumpy thread

outlaw118

7 hours ago, FPB7 said:

Just received a phone call. My father has passed away.

But not today. He died on the 11th and was buried on Wednesday. He stated that I couldn’t be invited as I didn’t bother with him when he was alive.

If it wasn’t for my detective work, a few years ago, in finding him after he left 30 odd years ago for a new life (which utterly destroyed a 9 year old me by the way) he wouldn’t have know I still existed. Yet I seem to be the one painted in the worst possible  light.

strange how life goes, isn’t it?

stubborn, foolish old cunt.

sorry for you fella. regardless of what happened, blood is blood. 

keep your spirits up

2 hours ago, omegod said:

.....Mother in law is fuming with me as she thought it was a great price and they were "lovely lads" but I think she's just a bit embarrassed really and doesn't understand what was really happening.  .....

The word will probably be going round that she's a soft touch. And you can't be there all the time.....

19 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

The word will probably be going round that she's a soft touch. And you can't be there all the time.....

I think MIL was just a bit too trusting, I've filled her in on a few cases recently where old dears locally were robbed blind of up to 18k which shocked her a bit. 

I did drop in the name of the obscure site I suspected they lived at and they where a bit taken aback that I knew of it which seemed to ease the resolution so hopefully it'll be ok, they were onto someone else further down the road when I left, Any further issue and I'll happily take it out on their transits. 

My next door neighbour once let the gypsies jet wash her drive, and got charged far too much imo. I was trying to service the Mazda st the time, but ended up soaked from their jet washing! 

They offered to jet wash my broken knocked concrete. To which I laughed and said “have you seen the state of it” To which they responded by offering to tarmac it for me... 

Genuine story, not stereotyping... 

My other half makes content for her employer and invoices them fortnightly for payment shortly after, but for some reason they've not paid her for over a month. She is chasing them and chasing them and all its coming back as is 'really sorry but it hasn't been approved for payment yet'.

It's £1500 which includes her share of rent and food bills and it's gotten to the point now where I can't collect the car I was getting today as I'm not sure when she will be paid. 

And no, she has no contract with them, she just charges them a daily rate for what they ask of her. 

24 minutes ago, bramz7 said:

My other half makes content for her employer and invoices them fortnightly for payment shortly after, but for some reason they've not paid her for over a month. She is chasing them and chasing them and all its coming back as is 'really sorry but it hasn't been approved for payment yet'.

It's £1500 which includes her share of rent and food bills and it's gotten to the point now where I can't collect the car I was getting today as I'm not sure when she will be paid. 

And no, she has no contract with them, she just charges them a daily rate for what they ask of her. 

Ahhh a Pug 309 owner..............if she is owed money and has done work before and has previous paperwork and they are a legit business then check here      https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money      I have found that a letter (email) explaining that non payment is causing difficulties so it is necessary to take court action to recover the money owed or she'll risk being take to court herself for non-payment of bills (and interest) and this is an official request - would the business give the name and details of their "responsible person"  for this situation so they can be put on the court papers.  This worked for O2 when they dicked my dad about  over a non-refund.

Note to those fucking air cooled VW camper van types. Next time you want to look 'cool' with your arm out of the window, shades on and stupid fucking hat on the dashboard as you roll round everywhere at 20mph in your barely mobile box of Isopon, do me a favour and piss off out of the way. Or just drive at 3.00am, or something. Stick that in your 48 windowed EastFailure T1 Glockenspiel knob trumpet mobile.

Been feeling progressively worse and worse recently, aches and pains, constantly tired etc. The tipping point was the other day when I lost my car keys and was using the old coat hanger trick to get in. My hands and fingers kept locking up in pain spasms. I'm 38 for fucks sake. 

I've gone for some tests etc, hope to hear soon what's up with me. 

9 hours ago, bramz7 said:

How many times has she chased up and been palmed off?

She needs to stop providing them with whatever content that she provides until payment is received, actually in the bank and not some wishy washy promise of payment next week.  I am a Credit Manager for one of the big media agencies and one of the best parts of my job is telling a client no more media until they cough up, it always miraculously triggers a payment, and don't worry about loss of business as in most cases they will respect you for it and ensure you are paid on time in future, you usually only need to take that action once. 

And don't 'threaten' to stop providing content, actually inform them you have stopped providing further services until payment is received.  I know its a little different being self employed but at the end of they day they owe her money, they haven't disputed the content by the sounds of it, just someone holding up payment, not their year end on 30 June by any chance?

I had a well known sporting paper pissing about over £90k this week, the agency were not happy about how I approached it (because they shit themselves when I go heavy on a client) but I had every last pound and penny paid before the end of the day.   They owe you money, its business, they had the service now cough up.

Talking about Credit Management on a Saturday night, must get a life.

On 6/28/2019 at 8:35 PM, omegod said:

Oh that was a crazy hour, driving home from work and the wife rings me to say her mum and dad have let some door knocking  gypsys do work for them, jet washing and pointing the fairly small front drive and back yard for £250, I had a bad feeling so went round to see WTF was going on as they are both in their 70's and a tad infirm. I arrived to see a unit of a young lad jet washing and asked him what had been agreed , the " contract"  was apparently now £350 to just do the front and  my father in law had said he would point the back himself ..,,,,,did he fuck , he couldn't point a fucking finger !

Apparenty his brothers had gone for sand and cement to do this "beatuful job" we'd be over the moon with.  I've heard so many horror stories relating to travellers lately I knew this was going to go massively tits up if it went any further so told him to stop, the 2 brothers return and a fair old barney ensues with them wanting £200 for the work so far and to keep the material they'd bought, they got the fact that I was quite happy to have a scrap , knew they were scamming fuckers and they were going to get nowhere on this one. Older brother appeared to relent and told his nutter kin to drop it as " She was one of ours" ( MIL is Irish) and apologised for trying it on , I end up giving them £150 for the jetwashing and to get them to fuck off peacefully , I was cheeky enough to keep the 7 bags of sand and a bag of cement though and got them to lump it round the back. 

Mother in law is fuming with me as she thought it was a great price and they were "lovely lads" but I think she's just a bit embarrassed really and doesn't understand what was really happening.  They were massive and I'm feeling a bit of a tit for going up against them but I'm massively protective of the 2 old buggers. 

Time for a drink methinks!    

Shall I just phone the police, usually has the desired effect. 

10 hours ago, bramz7 said:

My other half makes content for her employer and invoices them fortnightly.

I'm going to get grumpy. Please google IR35. 

Please never call them an employer again.  If the HMRC heard those words. She'd have more trouble to deal with.  They love little slips like that. 

They are a client. 

She is a supplier.  She needs to find new clients.  Threaten them with a winding up order at the high court. 

She needs to give all clients a standard contract which states the penalty for late payment. 

Or the discount for on time payment.

And you both need to build buffer to cope with non payment and late payment.

May I say I feel your pain. I'm stating the obvious. And I apologise for that.

Tis a shit place to be. 

Just been to our local social dog club for the first time in a long while.

Dog turns up there which has a well known issue with serious aggression towards breeds similar to ours.

Owner let's it off the lead, within a couple of minutes it attacks our dog.  Like properly having to be dragged off attack.  Our dog is left yelping and limping.  We reckon he's okay now, just sprained the leg he went down on.

The organiser brushes it off, suggesting that the owner of that dog thinks about coming to an earlier group and asking us to ensure we always pre book to make sure they don't meet.  Because they're "friends" with the owner of the aggressive dog.

Sorry...but on what planet is taking a dog with knwon aggression issues along to a social thing like this and then letting them off lead reasonable behaviour?

Suffice to say, we won't ever be going back.  So yet again due to someone else's stupid, inconsiderate behaviour us and our dog miss out. 

Really getting fed up of this running theme in our life right now.

3 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Just been to our local social dog club for the first time in a long while.

Dog turns up there which has a well known issue with serious aggression towards breeds similar to ours.

Owner let's it off the lead, within a couple of minutes it attacks our dog.  Like properly having to be dragged off attack.  Our dog is left yelping and limping.  We reckon he's okay now, just sprained the leg he went down on.

The organiser brushes it off, suggesting that the owner of that dog thinks about coming to an earlier group and asking us to ensure we always pre book to make sure they don't meet.  Because they're "friends" with the owner of the aggressive dog.

Sorry...but on what planet is taking a dog with knwon aggression issues along to a social thing like this and then letting them off lead reasonable behaviour?

Suffice to say, we won't ever be going back.  So yet again due to someone else's stupid, inconsiderate behaviour us and our dog miss out. 

Really getting fed up of this running theme in our life right now.

You should have kicked it in the bollocks.

4 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Fucksake

This may have been made before the introduction of integrated drum and bearing units so may just be able to get just the  bearing to fix. However, it's really not worth the hassle. 

The Bush machines (Argos) or Logik (Currys) are worth a look. Both are manufactured by a massive company called Vestel who make machines for other big brands. Spec is good and are reliable.

9 minutes ago, Steve79 said:

This may have been made before the introduction of integrated drum and bearing units so may just be able to get just the  bearing to fix. However, it's really not worth the hassle. 

The Bush machines (Argos) or Logik (Currys) are worth a look. Both are manufactured by a massive company called Vestel who make machines for other big brands. Spec is good and are reliable.

This one has been reliable to be fair. It's at least 8 years old... 

Just bad timing.