The grumpy thread

outlaw118

1 minute ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

To be fair, I don't think the French are too happy about the weather they're getting. These are the kind of temperatures you used to find more often in the Middle East.

I'm sure they're not. Instead I think they'll be blaming Morocco.

Fuck me Parky we were doing that at school, in fact we used to rate them and tell them their lucky number, I remember getting grief over giving someone a 5 once, most were 7 or 8's and many a year later still doing it in the office at work in London with some work mates, this time of year 8's and 9's everywhere and occasionally a 10.  They probably rate us wankers as about 2 in return, but playing the race card has ruined it for your son and his mates.  Snow flake stuff in 2019.

1 hour ago, Parky said:

Son and his friends put together a list of the girls int he school, ranked A to F.  Pretty much as every child has done since time began.  

Problem is one of the group shared it and the Parents of the girls at the lower end of the scale have lodged a formal complaint so they are all now in trouble.  Why is this an issue?  One of the girls at the lower end of the scale is from an ethnic minority and an accusation of racism has been made.  To the extent that 30 kids surrounded my son and his friends earlier and it could have got well nasty.  

Fucking kids.  For a smart lad he has appalling judgement sometimes.  If you had a door marked DANGER KEEP OUT SHARKS AND LASERS AND SHIT” and scribbled “oh and free sweets” in crayon underneath, he would go piling in.  

Mrs P is off the school tomorrow - be interesting to hear their version of events

How many of the higher rated girls are from non-caucasian backgrounds, or of mixed ethnicity, it begs to ask. There are attractive and unattractive girls from the many divers ethnicities this world has, and one of Parky Jr's mates may well have ranked this young lady an A. It's kids being kids. It's what they do.

FFS in this day and age we shouldn't be looking at skin colour as an issue any more; whether it's caucasians having a go at non caucasians or non caucasians putting in a complaint of racism/segregation despite no racial slur actually being said or implied. Boils my piss that both racism still exists and people claim racism when nothing offensive has been said or implied. 

It’s going to come down to body image isn’t it?  How someone with a low view of themselves is now in a massive down phase because of the list.

The girl who complained apparently used to like my son but he wasn’t interested.  He didn’t give her the ranking she had but she assumed it was him so as they say, hell hath no fury, etc. 

Mrs P had a list.  So did I.  So do lots of folk.  We have one at work too, bet your bottom dollar the girls have one as well.  

It's hot and sticky and I hate it. I don't even want to underseal my Micra right now because of it, let alone do anything else. I will do the seams, but the rest is reserved for when I get some real creepy Dynax S-50. For now, I hate the weather and I blame France.
It is a bit cool for late June I thought.a1a23f4b2a0b2b6166d61fddbbc715f0.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

I stayed at Hopwood Cervixes last night, i'm up at 4am. I'll have a piddle and a coffee and head off.

Wait, why are there 17 trillion people getting off this bus??? Ugh, Glastonbury cunts.

I barge passed a few of them and visit the bathroom, I head to WHSmith for a Costa. Both machines out of action. Starbucks is open and there's several years of wankers in wellies queuing. Alas, no coffee for me until 10am.

The only solace I can take, is that these fucks have a 12 hour coach journey and they have to sleep in a tent.

A sorry (and lengthy) tale of main dealer customer service

Continues (see p3040). The car was returned to me drowned in deoderising spray. I was due to go away for a short holiday, and had booked one night's accomodation. I've now had to cancel, as with the deodorant  finally dissipated, the strong fuel smell has returned (and another headache after driving it today). Now written another e-mail to the dealer and opened a case with Subaru UK. 

Should've stayed in bed today 

Drove 30 miles to preston in the ducato pickup without phoning first because the job will 100% be done for tuesday , nope, wasted trip 

Got back home and theres a splattering of oil all over the rear mud guard, lift the bonnet, no oil cap and a fully rust proofed engine bay

Fucking bollocks , drive 20 miles in the car for a new cap wondering why it's come off , oil is still at the top of the stick so 1/2 a litre of oil goes a long way 

I'll be lifting the bonnet every 5 miles to see if it's still on the engine 

po135.jpg.c47e0709b5f83f6ebadf5213064e9d98.jpg

There's no good styling reason for the rear door handles on a Dolomite to be higher and at a slightly different angle to the ones on the front, so why are they?  After having this pointed out today, I cannot unsee it and it is very annoying.

I am a twat.  Went out earlier to do a couple of bits on the Mazda, went to put my tools away afterwards and couldn't find my 8mm socket anywhere.  I knew I'd put it down on the ground so assumed I must have caught it with my foot and kicked it somewhere or something.  Spent half an hour searching for it, using my big fuck off work light that I'd been using to light the underside of the Mazda, in the hope that the light would glint off the socket and make it easier to spot.  Couldn't find the poxy thing anywhere, so eventually gave up and came back inside to charge the work light up.  Turned it upside down to plug the charger in.

And there was the 8mm socket, stuck to its magnetic base.

FFS.

Stupid fucking track rod on the Peugeot, I can’t remove the lock but for love nor money, it’s stuck. Wd40, even a bit of gentle heat and whacking  it with my hammer still sees it stuck. 

Grrrr, I really don’t want to have to put it back together and take it down to the mechanic to sort.. any advise?

41 minutes ago, vulgalour said:

There's no good styling reason for the rear door handles on a Dolomite to be higher and at a slightly different angle to the ones on the front, so why are they?  After having this pointed out today, I cannot unsee it and it is very annoying.

See also: 5-door Corsa B.

Well, the Trust has had a wonderful event tonight with lots of back slapping, congratulations and certificate handing out in recognition of the staff who have worked for the NHS for 20 or 30 years plus. How odd that the CEO gets his certificate yet several of us lot who qualified for the event never had an invite at all. Thanks cunts. 

Flickr.

Cannot upload my tat spots anymore, they have put restrictions on accounts with over 1000 photo's and every single one of mine is a tat spot.  There is a small community of car spotters on there and some were moaning about this restriction a few months ago but I was still able to upload until last week.  Think I now need to set up a monthly payment/subscription, whatever.  I'm not doing that. 

I don't begrudge a subscription fee if it's fair and you can trust you're going to be able to keep hold of your images indefinitely.  I was with Photobucket for ages and happily paid the subscription until they royally messed up.  Flikr seemed a good alternative until they brought the limit in and I didn't feel I could trust their subscription offering.  I'm just glad some forums are starting to do their own image hosting now, which is massively overdue, and the image hoster here is great if I just want to quickly throw a snapshot into the News thread, or similar.  The only problem is I don't have an easily accessible and organisable gallery of images like I did with Flikr and Photobucket, which is a slight inconvenience.

These days, I use Autoshite and Retrorides for image hosting - since that's primarily where I post anyway - and a little bit of Twitter for other stuff.  Twitter isn't great for hotlinking, quite often images will appear just as a line of code rather than an image so it's a bit of a faff.  There's a certain charm to the clunkiness of images online, though I do wish there was a better and more streamlined solution.

2 hours ago, vulgalour said:

The only problem is I don't have an easily accessible and organisable gallery of images like I did with Flikr and Photobucket, which is a slight inconvenience.

Every (free) Google account comes with 15GB worth of storage, Google Photos is a pretty easy site to use.