The grumpy thread

outlaw118

One of the main reasons for buying parts from a dealer is that they have the parts lookup system so you get the right bits.  Especially when there are a zillion different configurations of your vehicle. 

Yeah...about that.

IMG_20190614_184353.thumb.jpg.7246d592e80c680f1e5bc0fd038fac96.jpg

Glad I checked before I actually took it off.

It can keep squeaking for now then.  Well outside the return period for the belt too annoyingly as it was bought with a batch of (about £350 worth) of parts before the MOT last month.

8.45am.  Frantic banging on the door, and upon opening it my neighbour Helen reported:

”Someone’s just hit your car!  She tried driving off but we stopped her!”

Basically a silly mare in a totally shagged Yaris drove too close to mine and went down the side, gouging up the door and crumpling the wing.  Fucksticks.  Luckily she is insured although when I asked her for her details she was a bit reluctant.  Got them anyway and yes for once she is taxed, insured and MOT’d.

She wants me to get a quote from a body shop rather than go through insurance but I suspect a new Seat door and wing, plus labour to fit, plus spraying a metallic and blending it all in will be a very expensive little mistake to make.  Similar damage to Mrs P Fiat a few years ago was £1500 and that wasn’t a metallic finish.  

Insurance will write the car off for sure.  I doubt if she is going to pay as she didn’t look as if she had the money but I don’t think it’s fair my property gets damaged by other people especially when it’s insured for that very purpose.  

Prepare for ongoing insurance debacle, I can feel it in my water.....

2 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

One of the main reasons for buying parts from a dealer is that they have the parts lookup system so you get the right bits.  Especially when there are a zillion different configurations of your vehicle. 

Yeah...about that.

It can keep squeaking for now then.  Well outside the return period for the belt too annoyingly as it was bought with a batch of (about £350 worth) of parts before the MOT last month.

Can't you cut it down and superglue it back together?

1 minute ago, tobyd said:

Gave up waiting on the recovery services after 4 hours. limped the bike along for a few miles until it lunched its other coil. Pushed it another mile to a petrol station and gave up.

Thanks a fuckload A W Hammond recovery. You cunts.

Anything ending "You cunts" is worth a like...

2 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Yeah...about that.

Just loop it round twice ?

12 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Yeah...about that.

Not fit for purpose surely? As it is likely to have been recommended to you by the dealer, it should be their responsibility to sort and there is no maximum returns period. 

54 minutes ago, SiC said:

Not fit for purpose surely? As it is likely to have been recommended to you by the dealer, it should be their responsibility to sort and there is no maximum returns period. 

Agree with you entirely, but given they're already "doing me a favour" by supplying me parts at all, I suspect by kicking up a fuss I'll just wind up burning what has so far been quite a useful bridge.

In case you wondered about my previous comment - their head office has decreed that their dealer network aren't allowed to provide parts for any of their commercial vehicles, instead being referred to an external company - who don't deal with non-trade customers so are as much use as a chocolate teapot to me.

On 6/14/2019 at 12:21 PM, Saabnut said:

Bloody exhaust has just dropped off the Saab and is now dragging on the road. Choice is to have a look or beer

Beer.

Snap, same on the Sigma, managed to get hold of a replacement front v6 bit already though, was hoping it was gonna hang on a bit longer ? nearly beer oclock

39 minutes ago, Alex66 said:

Today my painkillers are not working, oh the joy of a f load of of pain from head to ankles, still better than depression though. 

I had that last week , every joint was on fire  from toe to head  , it was the middle of the night as well , then it just went by morning ...... I sympathise ,   its not nice .

I tried to change the oil and filter on my 2CV today, but after draining the oil noticed that the standard filter's previously been replaced with a bigger one (apparently this is done to help improve cooling) so it'll all need doing again when I've got the right one. Then I tried to change the plugs, points and condensor. Two hours later and it won't start at all. I suspect I've just done something dumb but I've pushed it back into the garage for now and retired inside for a beer instead.

23 hours ago, Parky said:

8.45am.  Frantic banging on the door, and upon opening it my neighbour Helen reported:

”Someone’s just hit your car!  She tried driving off but we stopped her!”

Basically a silly mare in a totally shagged Yaris drove too close to mine and went down the side, gouging up the door and crumpling the wing.  Fucksticks.  Luckily she is insured although when I asked her for her details she was a bit reluctant.  Got them anyway and yes for once she is taxed, insured and MOT’d.

She wants me to get a quote from a body shop rather than go through insurance but I suspect a new Seat door and wing, plus labour to fit, plus spraying a metallic and blending it all in will be a very expensive little mistake to make.  Similar damage to Mrs P Fiat a few years ago was £1500 and that wasn’t a metallic finish.  

Insurance will write the car off for sure.  I doubt if she is going to pay as she didn’t look as if she had the money but I don’t think it’s fair my property gets damaged by other people especially when it’s insured for that very purpose.  

Prepare for ongoing insurance debacle, I can feel it in my water.....

Driving off after pranging someones car seems to be the norm these days, good job your neighbour caught her, shifty cow!!

48 minutes ago, EssDeeWon said:

Driving off after pranging someones car seems to be the norm these days, good job your neighbour caught her, shifty cow!!

Well she has been quite decent so far.  I say so far.  Has offered to pay for the damage away from the insurance but someone driving a fucked Yaris isn’t likely to have £1400 cash sitting about.  I have informed her and sent her the quote, she is going to let me know tomorrow. 

She wont. I guarantee she won’t contact me tomorrow or Monday.  Tuesday morning it’s off to the insurance company I guarantee it....

Sadly she knows that her kids are at my sons school so she won’t be able to avoid me, and my son is mates with hers so she won’t be able to slink off into the night. I do feel for her in a way as it is a narrow street but ultimately I pay a lot of money for insurance and it’s not fair my property gets damaged and devalued because of other people’s misjudgements.  So no, I won’t be walking away with a shrug.

Neighbours cctv caught it all so when the husband pops round to accuse me of hitting his wife’s car or assaulting her or any of the usual nonsense that follows I have lots and lots of lovely evidence and witnesses.

”Do you know what Nemesis is boy?”

One step ahead.  Closest match to mine has a few less miles but is £2995 at a dealer.  Similar ones are £2500.

Shame isn’t it?  Someone else does the damage and yet I am the one who has to do all the running about.  Doesn’t seem right somehow.  If anything it shou,d he her scouring eBay for parts and getting quotes sorted on my behalf

Not a stupid idea.  Might change my name to Stirling Moss so I can claim “celebrity previous owner”.  

Or maybe go with someone with more global provenance.  

“Why, a mere £2000 for this fine conveyance once owned by William Devane, one of the stars of “Space Cowboys” and latterly the adverts on TV for Gold bullion?”

Imagination really running riot on this one

”Rear brake bulb purchased through eBay from Verne Troyer”

”Was sat in by TV star Ray Quinn when he was looking round the dealership for an Arosa but thought he would see what a Leon was like while he was there”

”Looked at by Natalie Cassidy from Eastenders when she was walking back from Sainsbury’s one Sunday afternoon and the car was sitting at temporary road works at the time”

Got my disco back today with shiny new MOT.

Grumpy thread 'cos I've got most* of my disco back as some passing scrote has helped themselves to the stainless spare wheel cover while parked in my menders yard. He's going to look at his cctv but no doubt it will be a blurry hoodie snapping the lock off and fucking off with it.

Welding has also been done to MOT standard. Ie bash in the worst of it, pigeon shite a plate over the top, ignore the obvious scab 3 inches away that will be a hole next year.

I think after 10 years I'm losing the love for it. 

Used car lot where Micra was residing was closed today- bugger. Oh well, they're open bright and early tomorrow. I doubt they'll sell it before I arrive because they have many newer and shinier cars to boot.

Just changed the battery on the Saab (date on the dead(ish) one is 2.11.2010, so not done badly).

Boot won't open now. No key hole on models of this year, and the only way to open it is to crawl into the boot, take a panel off, and flick the lock.

The boot is loaded with boxes of bike spares, some stuff for the tip, and a new kitchen sink. I have to empty the boot via the gap the folded back seats leave, but doubt a lot of it is small enough to get out of the rear doors. Bollocks bollocks bollocks.