The grumpy thread

outlaw118

She can go and feck off.  I hope so too.

I had a similar but less severe thing with peaches. Seems like this is a thing:

If you suffer from hay fever (allergic rhinitis) caused by pollen, your mouth or throat may become itchy after eating an apple or celery. This happens in up to 50 to 75% of adults allergic to birch tree pollen. This reaction occurs because the proteins found in some fruits and vegetables are very similar to those found in pollen. These proteins can confuse the immune system and cause an allergic reaction or make existing symptoms worse, which is referred to as cross-reactivity. In the case of pollen and foods, the result of cross-reactivity is called oral allergy syndrome (OAS) also known as pollen fruit syndrome (PFS).

OAS is a form of a contact allergic reaction that occurs upon contact of the mouth and throat with raw fruits or vegetables. The most frequent symptoms of OAS include itchiness or swelling of the mouth, face, lip, tongue and throat. Symptoms usually appear immediately after eating raw fruits or vegetables, although in rare cases, the reaction can occur more than an hour later. OAS is generally considered to be a mild form of food allergy. Rarely, OAS can cause severe throat swelling leading to difficulty swallowing or breathing. In a person who is highly allergic, a systemic reaction, called anaphylaxis, may be caused by a pollen cross-reactive raw fruit or vegetable, but this is very uncommon.  OAS can occur at any time of the year.

Thank you gentlemen. Wife’s family are taking things a lot better than I expected them to which i guess is good.

Time will tell. 

It is of some consolation to us all that the hospice nurses said she was comfortable at the time without being on a high dose of palliative care, and it happened very very quickly.

May choirs of angels sing her to her rest

On 6/8/2019 at 2:15 PM, angle said:

My dad bought himself a Jaguar for his 50th. After 13 years, I think it's dead. The back came out on a roundabout (diesel? He's a proper giffer) and launched him into a sign. 

IMG-20190608-WA0002.jpg

Long live financially illogical decisions about rubbish old cars! He's bought it back as salvage and it got dropped off at the (good, expensive) bodyshop to get fixed today. 

Obviously on the way back he twatted his Avensis into a kerb and needs a new tyre. Come on dad, you're only 62.

Edit - hadn't read to the end of the thread, and this now feels a bit insensitive. Sorry for your loss DD. 

11 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

Fucking work again. 'oh, you're not putting enough effort into making your Trust Pilot reviews better, its pathetic'

FUCK OFF. I'm here to serve customers. If they don't want to leave a review or forget there isn't much I can do about that. Besides, having no stock and not getting it offline fast enough (out of our hands) doesn't help. I've been sending these emails to my personal address in case anything blows up. 

Can we not write you some glowing reviews instead?

got woke up today ......knocking on the door .. I was way off in slumber land in my afternoon nap  , having missed the alarm .

got up to be greeted by work mate .. its 10 to 4 the kids are back .. what the kids are up at this time , it a bit early !!!

no , the kids are back up ...      she was  looking at me funny like I had a huge thingy  

at this time in the morning  ?

no ,  its 4pm in the afternoon ...

oh shit !

and I will put some clothes on first .....

some how every one knew ,,,,,,,,,,,not that I am the first to do this ...

9 hours ago, brownnova said:

It’s raining... badly... 

The two main routes from my work to my house are now closed. And I’m in a managers meeting after the school day has finished... 

The only good thing is that the headteacher has to go the same way as me! So hopefully he’ll cut it short... 

Plus I’m in the Saab... and that’s indestructible right? 

Management meeting lasted ages.... long enough for the waters to subside and me have a clear run home. ?

7 hours ago, MikeR said:

got woke up today ......knocking on the door .. I was way off in slumber land in my afternoon nap  , having missed the alarm .

got up to be greeted by work mate .. its 10 to 4 the kids are back .. what the kids are up at this time , it a bit early !!!

no , the kids are back up ...      she was  looking at me funny like I had a huge thingy  

at this time in the morning  ?

no ,  its 4pm in the afternoon ...

oh shit !

and I will put some clothes on first .....

some how every one knew ,,,,,,,,,,,not that I am the first to do this ...

One of the best feelings I ever had was getting up for work as normal coffee etc. I was actually in the van wondering why everything was so quiet. That's when it dawned on me it was just Sunday. The feeling of elation was almost indescribable.

On 6/8/2019 at 2:15 PM, angle said:

My dad bought himself a Jaguar...

The back came out on a roundabout...

Mine did that yesterday, for the first time in three years.

I was vaguely aware of a flashing light on the dash and the 'you're driving like a twat' message as I straightened it up.

It's a bloody long car to have fishtailing about like that!

I've just had to boot it out of a very wet junction in the Zafira as I couldn't be arsed to move the car seat to take Charlie to nursery. 

After several yards of me keeping my foot down and Charlie laughing the traction control said no more fun and threw its light and the eml up... 

Its off now, thank fuck after a restart

11 hours ago, strangeangel said:

Can we not write you some glowing reviews instead?

Trust pilot is a load of shit anyway. Post a thread in the other forum (so it doesn't come up in Google) with what you do and what we need to write about and we'll get on it! I e got a tp account to write a negative review about my energy company, who had it removed... 

4 hours ago, paulplom said:

One of the best feelings I ever had was getting up for work as normal coffee etc. I was actually in the van wondering why everything was so quiet. That's when it dawned on me it was just Sunday. The feeling of elation was almost indescribable.

That should be on the grin thread.

I had the opposite last weekend.

Monday was a bank holiday (Queens Birthday in OZ) and I was booked on a flight early Tuesday morning.

Woke up on saturday morning looked at the time (about 06:30am) when I should have been on a train to the airport had it been tuesday morning and got in a right panic about missed flights until my brain somehow sussed out it wasn't tuesday morning. 

When I went up in the loft of my first house I discovered that it leaked along the valley where the rear extension joined. The previous owners had an ingenious system of plastic guttering slung to catch the drips and direct it back out under the eaves. So much for the survey which hadn't spotted it. I did know that the roof would need work and had a new lead valley installed when I had the rest of it fixed.

Just had a seriously eventful drive home.

Lorry nearly took the front of the car off cutting me up on a roundabout, I beeped and flashed to tell them I was there. They went mental! Almost forced me to stop in the middle of a road, so I had to undertake and shoot past, whilst they still flashed and beeped at me almost constantly. Fucking nut case. 

Then the 309 throttle sticks open! FFS. Nearly crashed into the hedge in the car park. Hoping it's just a snagged cable. 

My mate who's still living in the mid 1990s owned my VW T5 before me, and DIY fitted a fucking sunroof because he thinks they are great.

Obviously it absolutely PISSES water in every time it rains hard. Today I've got to drive 250 miles on a soaking wet seat with water pouring on my head every time I turn left.

I've got the van running in outside my unit with the heaters on full, and a big industrial fan blowing at the drivers seat to try and dry it out a bit, but it's like someone poured a bucket of water over the fucking thing.