The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Idiots with dogs they struggle to control. Some dickhead has got one of those husky type things round here, and the day it pulls the owner over and attacks another dog can't be far off. He struggles to contain it normally, when it sees another dog it goes off it's tits and tries to make a break for it. Other people have similar dogs that don't seem as badly trained or vicious, how can they manage it yet the tiny minority can't? He's joined the club with some weird/smelly dole cheat type woman (walks with a stick when people are around, doesn't use it when she thinks nobody can see) with a vicious bastard Labrador usually not on it's lead and some tit with a walking stick, a mountain bike and a dog that appears more frightening than a hungry bastarding lion.

Today I had an interview for a job. It's a job that I can do easily as it's a small part of what I used to do. I don't think the interview went very well (the one interviewer seemed a little bored) and I am annoyed with myself for not answering some of the questions more thoroughly.  I am disappointed in myself as it's not easy to get an interview at my age, although I'm not completely sure I wasn't just there to make up  the numbers. Now wishing I hadn't applied as I hate humiliation.

52 minutes ago, purplebargeken said:

Big very clearly written notice placed on my garage door yesterday..... please keep clear, etc, etc.

Nope, one of the flat renting cunts parking his cunting Renner right across the cunting garage, entirely fucking up the fucking plan that I had to move the Triumph to my mates place on his C2 transporter to weld a small patch on and replace the CV joint. This would have enabled me to put the engine back together and make the car easier to move around. Nope. That didn't happen at all.

To say I am angry would be a vast understatement. Not. Fucking. Happy.

Im sorry. Why did you not put the offending  car on the transporter and leave it in the middle of a dual carriage way ? 

1 hour ago, purplebargeken said:

Big very clearly written notice placed on my garage door yesterday..... please keep clear, etc, etc.

Nope, one of the flat renting cunts parking his cunting Renner right across the cunting garage, entirely fucking up the fucking plan that I had to move the Triumph to my mates place on his C2 transporter to weld a small patch on and replace the CV joint. This would have enabled me to put the engine back together and make the car easier to move around. Nope. That didn't happen at all.

Print a notice out and pritt stix it on their windscreen if they do it again. Make sure you use genuine pritt stix so it leaves a gooey mess. 

Warden pouches down here usually come off without a problem if you apply enough water. I don't know, perhaps its because they don't stick them down properly because they're in a good mood! I have seen a car once with a stack of five on its windscreen. Old Mercedes too. What I do know is that once-upon-a-time I had lumps of UHU glue on my wall (from fixing permanent reminder notes to the wall) and it pulled the plaster clean off.

1 hour ago, SiC said:

Print a notice out and pritt stix it on their windscreen if they do it again. Make sure you use genuine pritt stix so it leaves a gooey mess. 

I always used golden syrup to stick notes onto the windscreens of cars that blocked my garage. A colleague of mine who had a similar issue used the lovely yellow wax survey chalk to write messages, this had the benefit of coming back on rainy days as a reminder. (His other trick was to throw his up and over door open from the inside, without checking if anyone had parked across it, I think the inevitable scrapes up the sides of cars was enough of a deterrent to reduce the liklihood of anyone parking there a second time)

Oh, hello thoroughly displeasing blast from the past - circa 2001 last time it happened that I can specifically remember

02:01...phone rings, showing unknown number.  Now my 91 year old Nan has been having health issues lately so I felt compelled to answer it - otherwise at 2AM it would probably have been ignored as a probable wrong number unless they phoned back a bunch of times.

Silence at the other end.  Until I try a half awake "Hello?"

Roughly two nanoseconds later I got my eardrums just about blown out by a derogatory slur about my being involved in the Furry Fandom.  The caller being very clearly recognised as one of the group of assholes who back when I was in secondary school made my life a living Hell to the point I actually got as far as standing on the edge of the roof of the five story building, seeing that as a valid way out.  Several times.

The moment I hung up, they called back.  After the fifth or six iteration, the phone has been set to airplane mode.

I don't swear massively regularly...but oh for fuck sake...piss off already and grow the hell up.  It was fucking immature, pointless bullying twenty fucking years ago...it still is.  Piss off.

I've spent the last twenty years (and to some extent, moved 400 miles away) to forget those bastard idiots ever existed.  It's entirely their fault that I dropped out of secondary school after fifth year, and consequently utterly failed to make a foothold in university.  I really needed that additional year to mature a bit, and equally importantly to do the Higher maths unit...that should have been an entry requirement for the course in Uni I signed up for, but it wasn't.  So I encountered a course which assumed a grounding in algebra, calculus and a couple of other things which I'd never seen before.  Oh...and was over subscribed by a factor of about five times, so forget any help from the teaching staff.

If they don't disappear back into oblivion tomorrow I guess I'll be calling Vodafone and seeing how to change my phone number if they can't somehow block the calls.  Though blindly blocking all unknown numbers isn't an option for me sadly as I have several regular callers (aforementioned Nan and two overseas friends) whose calls come through to me as blocked numbers. 

Having to change my number would really suck...sounds silly I know, but I've had it since mid 1998 when I got my first mobile phone (yes, I still have the phone too, albeit not actively used).

Blarg.

Could really have done without some of those memories getting dredged up, especially at two in the morning. 

Of course I'm now going to spend the whole night awake, worrying that my Nan is going to need to contact me tonight due to some emergency and won't be able to get through.  I have serious issues with anxiety and insomnia these days as it is, you don't need to give my mind an excuse to stay awake all night, irrespective of whether I can actually keep my eyes open.  Being so tired you literally can't keep your eyes open, but unable to fall asleep at the same time is a truly displeasing feeling.

Oh, hello thoroughly displeasing blast from the past - circa 2001 last time it happened that I can specifically remember

02:01...phone rings, showing unknown number.  Now my 91 year old Nan has been having health issues lately so I felt compelled to answer it - otherwise at 2AM it would probably have been ignored as a probable wrong number unless they phoned back a bunch of times.

Silence at the other end.  Until I try a half awake "Hello?"

Roughly two nanoseconds later I got my eardrums just about blown out by a derogatory slur about my being involved in the Furry Fandom.  The caller being very clearly recognised as one of the group of assholes who back when I was in secondary school made my life a living Hell to the point I actually got as far as standing on the edge of the roof of the five story building, seeing that as a valid way out.  Several times.

The moment I hung up, they called back.  After the fifth or six iteration, the phone has been set to airplane mode.

I don't swear massively regularly...but oh for fuck sake...piss off already and grow the hell up.  It was fucking immature, pointless bullying twenty fucking years ago...it still is.  Piss off.

I've spent the last twenty years (and to some extent, moved 400 miles away) to forget those bastard idiots ever existed.  It's entirely their fault that I dropped out of secondary school after fifth year, and consequently utterly failed to make a foothold in university.  I really needed that additional year to mature a bit, and equally importantly to do the Higher maths unit...that should have been an entry requirement for the course in Uni I signed up for, but it wasn't.  So I encountered a course which assumed a grounding in algebra, calculus and a couple of other things which I'd never seen before.  Oh...and was over subscribed by a factor of about five times, so forget any help from the teaching staff.

If they don't disappear back into oblivion tomorrow I guess I'll be calling Vodafone and seeing how to change my phone number if they can't somehow block the calls.  Though blindly blocking all unknown numbers isn't an option for me sadly as I have several regular callers (aforementioned Nan and two overseas friends) whose calls come through to me as blocked numbers. 

Having to change my number would really suck...sounds silly I know, but I've had it since mid 1998 when I got my first mobile phone (yes, I still have the phone too, albeit not actively used).

Blarg.

Could really have done without some of those memories getting dredged up, especially at two in the morning. 

Of course I'm now going to spend the whole night awake, worrying that my Nan is going to need to contact me tonight due to some emergency and won't be able to get through.  I have serious issues with anxiety and insomnia these days as it is, you don't need to give my mind an excuse to stay awake all night, irrespective of whether I can actually keep my eyes open.  Being so tired you literally can't keep your eyes open, but unable to fall asleep at the same time is a truly displeasing feeling.

Sorry to read this Zel, sounds awful and something you want to nip in the bud, have you thought about reporting it to the Police as a hate crime? that normally makes them pull their finger out, they should be able to get the number and go and pay them a visit..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, purplebargeken said:

Not much help, sorry. I'd have dragged the fucker out of the way with my van and left it in the middle of the road.

11 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Idiots with dogs they struggle to control. Some dickhead has got one of those husky type things round here, and the day it pulls the owner over and attacks another dog can't be far off. He struggles to contain it normally, when it sees another dog it goes off it's tits and tries to make a break for it. Other people have similar dogs that don't seem as badly trained or vicious, how can they manage it yet the tiny minority can't? He's joined the club with some weird/smelly dole cheat type woman (walks with a stick when people are around, doesn't use it when she thinks nobody can see) with a vicious bastard Labrador usually not on it's lead and some tit with a walking stick, a mountain bike and a dog that appears more frightening than a hungry bastarding lion.

No such thing as a bad dog. It's bad owners. They can't be arsed to train, exercise or look after them properly.

32 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

Sorry to read this Zel, sounds awful and something you want to nip in the bud, have you thought about reporting it to the Police as a hate crime? that normally makes them pull their finger out, they should be able to get the number and go and pay them a visit..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

In addition I'd have a way of recording all calls so that when it goes to court, they go down.   

7 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

<snip>

If they don't disappear back into oblivion tomorrow I guess I'll be calling Vodafone and seeing how to change my phone number if they can't somehow block the calls. 

<snip>

When we were at school, certainly "back in the day", it seemed that a certain amount of bullying was tolerated and almost expected.

As an adult, this is not acceptable, even as a one-off.

Speak to the Police. You can even ask that they log it in case of future problems, but that you don't want to pursue it at this time. They should log the incident and give you a crime reference number.

Then ring Vodafone. If you have a crime reference number then will likely take it more seriously. I wonder if they could even see the number that rang you and block it even though the number was hidden by the caller. Alternatively, if your number does need changing, one would hope that the process would be expedited in view of there being a potential crime involved.

I'm sorry to hear you've had to go through this @Zelandeth. You've been offered some really good advice here so I'd certainly heed at least telling the police and log down every harassing call. Nil illegitimi carborundum. Maybe while this is going on take nan's number off of withheld, if you consider it safe to do so, so you'll know it's her calling you.

In other grumps I have picked up a horrid throat and sinus infection. Every single cold, flu or similar illness that goes around my body seems to think "Mmm, I like the sound of that". Mrs slept on the sofa bed last night because "the bedroom smelled of ill"

8 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

As others have said, phone the police in the first instance. Hate crime seriousness and enforcement has come a long way in the last 18 years.

Vodafone should be able to block the numbers, even if the number is being withheld. Interestingly, a withheld phone number gets transmitted right across the phone network and into your handset. It is the handset that sees it withheld and doesn't show it (something required by the standards). So it is logged by them if further action is needed by different entities.

17 hours ago, purplebargeken said:

……. flat renting cunts parking his cunting Renner right across the cunting garage, entirely fucking up the fucking plan that I had ……...

Sorry - but brake fluid would have been deployed………….. fuck them.

16 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Idiots with dogs they struggle to control...……..

Pepper spray/Mace - I've got it because of a couple of the idiots near me. Usual posers wanting to look butch with the bull type ……. one is seriously demented. Pepper spray (you can make your own!) works wonders fella……..

9 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

02:01...phone rings, showing unknown number.  Now my 91 year old Nan has been having health issues lately so I felt compelled to answer it - otherwise at 2AM ……..

Sucks to hear this type of shit is ever even thought of...……. so sorry for you dude. May not prove popular, but I'm of the old school middle of het night visit - you know they'll be awake so go 'hav a chat' - take chemicals and heavy weaponry as negotiating 'tactics' - some people really do only understand one method of communication! Sad but true

Spoke to the police this morning. They consider it nuisance, nothing more. Now if it were directed squarely at my sexuality, religion etc..."protected attributes" to quote the mumbling Muppet on the phone, they'd be interested.  In this case, associating myself with that specific group of fluffy idiots...nope.  It's just a prank call and is "a civil matter" for us to resolve ourselves.  Advice is "if they persist" speak to your phone company to block the number.  Funnily enough, they never actually got wind of the fact I was gay (granted, the kind of fact you play close to your chest in that sort of area)...goodness only knows what level they'd have turned things up to if they'd been granted that as ammunition.  Things didn't end well for the only person in my school I knew of who was openly gay, and I'd be hugely surprised if this same group of idiots hadn't played a part.

Colour me unsurprised.  They did absolutely zip back in the day when the idiots in question were vandalising my cars almost weekly, egging the house nearly daily etc, despite us having clear video evidence at the time.  This was not in a busy city - our house was one of only four in an area of several square miles...not exactly a crime hotspot.  That went on literally for years.

Visiting them?  Um...no.  They're farmer's offspring and it's well known that the household is well armed.  Aside from anything else they're 400+ miles away...which was one aspect involved in making the decision to move down here (which is a decision I still regret to be fair).  This isn't worth finding myself staring down the barrel of a shotgun.  Yes, I know someone who had that pulled on them too.  Well known, "influencers" in the area in the family = no charges ever sticking, and any legal challenges against them being invariably dropped due to "technicalities" it seems.

I've spoken to Vodafone and it seems that they're using a VoIP service and each call has come from a different number...so not much they can do from their side.  They were actually making some effort to be helpful it felt though.

Haven't had any more calls today...so hopefully they've had their fun for one drunken night and I won't hear anything else of it.  We'll see.  Personally, not holding my breath.

It absolutely stinks, Zelandeth, really sorry to read that. Can Vodaphone tell you the numbers they did ring from, at least you could block them and possibly be wary of any other calls from  same area code? Changing your number probably best, but if you do have their numbers then even if it's against your nature you could always return the favour at 3.00am one day with a spare phone.

3 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

It absolutely stinks, Zelandeth, really sorry to read that. Can Vodaphone tell you the numbers they did ring from, at least you could block them and possibly be wary of any other calls from  same area code? Changing your number probably best, but if you do have their numbers then even if it's against your nature you could always return the favour at 3.00am one day with a spare phone.

They couldn't give me the actual details to me without supporting evidence that I had a valid reason to request them eg. A crime reference number relating to harrassment (which Thames Valley Police will not provide.  They did me a favour essentially by revealing they had come from a VoIP system, and that each of the calls (which came in within a matter of a few minutes) were all from totally different numbers, so as folks have said they were probably spoofed.  Also means I sadly wouldn't be able to return the favour!

Given the lot of them didn't generally have two brain cells to rub together I'm surprised they've managed to keep tabs on my phone number (which I never knew how they got hold of in the first place) for twenty odd years!

Guess it's like old times looking at changing my number...we had to do it with the land line three times back then for exactly this reason...

It's just bloody irritating.  You'd think they'd have found better things to do with their time by now...

From the MET police website....my bold.

A hate crime is when someone commits a crime against you because of your disability, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, religion, or any other perceived difference.

It doesn’t always include physical violence. Someone using offensive language towards you or harassing you because of who you are, or who they think you are, is also a crime. The same goes for someone posting abusive or offensive messages about you online.

If it happens to you, you might be tempted to shrug it off. But if you tell us, we can investigate and stop it from getting worse – either for you or someone else.