The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Another day another grump .. Yesterday it was a gaggle of  tandams ...  As in many trying to climb a steep twistry hill together .... And i am stuck 3 cars back from a "carefull driver " who cant/could not get past the lead bike to save his life ..  Lead bike nearly stops because its a f in steep hill  .. The carefull  car does stop..  And We all stop on this 1 in 8 .. And the  trailing tandams dont want to stop on a 1 in 8 because they dont have handbrake . so they starts overtaking the stopped cars . wobbling uphill on a blind bend on the wrong side of the road .

Darwin still lives .

ps . found the car cam footage , woman on the left was looking at us as if the say "what the f is going on " ...  and behind me to my right is a tandem coming up the outside of the cars !!

vlcsnap-5371-03-09-23h47m10s251.png

On 5/26/2019 at 5:41 PM, FPB7 said:

Bought my first reading glasses today after 47 years of spectacle-less sight.

I am now officially old.

That’s the age I reached when I found quite by accident I needed glasses to read, 4 years on now and sight is bang on except the glasses for reading issue, I really struggle to read anything without glasses now.

6 hours ago, volvov70 said:

Father V  had two Meso tumors removed from his left lung three weeks ago - he is fine. Lung cancer is pretty much curable these days if caught early enough.

My thoughts are with you.

Thank you for the kind words. We're not entirely sure what timescale we're looking at but have been told already that it's inoperable. TBH I think months or even weeks as she's getting very very weak.

What is it with me finding the most self important assholes of "traffic officers" lately?
Just got given an absolute ear bending for "revving my engine in an antisocial and intimidating manner."

I blipped the throttle when shifting down from second to first as I came to a halt... because it's an old school commercial box and will often crunch at you if you don't double declutch while doing that...though you wouldn't know what double declutching was if I battered you round the head with the IAM handbook would you...

Absolute asshole... absolutely suited the BMW he was driving...

3 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

What is it with me finding the most self important assholes of "traffic officers" lately?
Just got given an absolute ear bending for "revving my engine in an antisocial and intimidating manner."

I blipped the throttle when shifting down from second to first as I came to a halt... because it's an old school commercial box and will often crunch at you if you don't double declutch while doing that...though you wouldn't know what double declutching was if I battered you round the head with the IAM handbook would you...

Absolute asshole... absolutely suited the BMW he was driving...

that sounds like you where in the camper van

why would someone think you would be ""revving your engine in an antisocial and intimidating manner." in a 30 year camper van?!

as I said before with the Xantia incident, its going to be a right laugh if they make the mistake of pulling you over in the Model 70 :mrgreen:

Aye... menacingly displaying all 78 raging horses the camper van has to offer.

Was one of the highways agency idiots as always seems to be the case around here.

He'd been following me for about 20 minutes, so had obviously decided he wanted to give me hassle long  before I turned into a car park and he boxed me in.

Good thing he didn't follow me home... someone has spilled something all over one of the roundabouts which has reacted with the water from a recent deluge to make it into a giant foaming skidpan.  Wound up drifting a good 3/4 of the way round it on about 50% opposite lock - at about 15mph.

Aye... menacingly displaying all 78 raging horses the camper van has to offer.

Was one of the highways agency idiots as always seems to be the case around here.
He'd been following me for about 20 minutes, so had obviously decided he wanted to give me hassle long  before I turned into a car park and he boxed me in.

Good thing he didn't follow me home... someone has spilled something all over one of the roundabouts which has reacted with the water from a recent deluge to make it into a giant foaming skidpan.  Wound up drifting a good 3/4 of the way round it on about 50% opposite lock - at about 15mph.

How can a Highways Agency Officer justify following you and then offering advice on your driving? Certainly, he can’t have any power to block your vehicle in and prevent you from moving on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last womble that came on to me like that was told to go hassle someone who thinks they were guna be taken in by his pretend plod appearance.

His female associate said I want your name & address so I asked are you a police officer?

Her reply was no.

So I said Im not giving you them then, you could be going to give them to your mate to burgle me seeing as I'm broken down overan hour from home.now go away I'm waiting for the AA.

A mate who's a time served mechanic was changing a tyre on the hard should when as if by magic one appeared beside him & during the procedure was constantly told you shouldn't be doing that you should get to a safe position & wait for a professional to come do that when he done he said I am but it's my day off but I still now what to do see you  & drove off.

You should have took there details & reported him traffic cops can't stand them.

Past 2 days of looking at £500 cars has reinforced what I already knew. £1000 is the starting point for something respectable with a bit of life left in it. Searching for a car for the in laws, they’re not too fussy just something average sized that does everything averagely. 15 years ago £500 got you something fairly decent that would stand a fighting chance of seeing a year or two out. I think now inflation means a grand is the old £500. 

8 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

I just learned that Aussie50 has passed away :(

May he RIP,

(I pretty much grew up watching his videos along with Photonicinduction and other "nutters" of the same type.)

Hell that's a bloody shame...he was only our age.  Always enjoyed his channel...some of his shenanigans with JGCertified actually made me laugh till I was almost in tears.  For all I've never met the guy, he always felt like someone it would be eminently possible to walk into a room with him and immediately lose hours nattering about pretty much anything tech, car or engineering related.

Loss to the engineering world as a whole too, was really nice to see a young lad keeping a lot of old school engineering principles alive and well. 

8 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

I just learned that Aussie50 has passed away :(

May he RIP,

(I pretty much grew up watching his videos along with Photonicinduction and other "nutters" of the same type.)

Jesus I never knew! How sad. I really enjoyed his Crunchy PC and his rambletrons. He even got some VW 8 valve engines to run as well.

I hope someone takes good care of his dog, and also handles his workshop properly, it would be a shame for all of his stuff to go in the skip, he had some very impressive rare and historically important bits and pieces

heres his facebook page if anyone wants to know more about his untimely passing :( https://www.facebook.com/edward.jones.9400984?__tn__=%2CdK-R-R&eid=ARAMFqAml3XEsKlRAhV1g2vML4wTYDYRANiGbunSO_2yJDPxKw1C68275aJReaMZGss4pM3KWQWmBGkW&fref=mentions

Some bastard hacked my ebay/Paypal/Amazon accounts this PM and made some purchases this afternoon so have spent the last few hours sorting that little mess out 

TSB - perfect, cards stopped, blocks on a few dodgy transactions, time taken 5 minutes

Paypal - perfect, filled in a form, transactions on hold, time taken 2 minutes

Ebay - perfect, contacted seller to explain, all okay : somewhat foolishly the buyer pretending to be me had sent a message to the seller through eBay asking them to send it to a new address. The seller messaged them back (also sent to my Gmail account as well) advising it'll go to the address on the account but didn't disclose the address - luckily they haven't sent it yet, but muppet very kindly provided his address. Argos catalogues on their way

Amazon - fucknuggets. Clearly an offshore call centre - had spotted three transactions on my TSB account, two for the same amount, all to Amazon (one a token £1 probably pre-authorisation) Agent checked and stated only one order since my last legitimate order - asked them to check again. And again. They confirmed they could stop the one order as it hadn't left the warehouse. Great. Asked them again, to please double check as there were two debits on my TSB account for the same amount. No, no, all okay, one order, and I've stopped it. Wasn't until I managed to get into the account online that there had indeed been TWO orders and one had been delivered today (handed to me in person apparently), the second order (the one she stopped) where the blagger realised he'd fucked up and added his address (this time an address somewhere else - I sense more Argos catalogues on their way). He'll get nowt. Neither will Amazon as TSB have already stopped the payments. Anyway, checked my Amazon safe place, and sure enough, a nice shiny new digital camera in there. FFS. All boxed up and ready to go back tomorrow.

What a fucking ballache. Anyway, all bases covered, all passwords changed, crisis averted - thankfully the hacker(s) were as thick as pigshit and fucked up not once but twice.

I wonder how they managed to suss out your details? I'ts always a worry of mine, touch wood I haven't been had yet but It'll probably happen one day. 

A grump of my own making, or maybe not. 

Had a Civic I'd bought to sell, mentioned it to an old  bodywork friend of mine and he asked if he could buy it, seeing I know him we agreed a good price and a day he was going to collect. Sorted, as I mentioned, I've known this guy for years and we've helped each other out on various projects over the years, he's lent me tools and trailers and generally been a great help in my shite activities. I was really doing myself out of money on this Civic, but there you go.

The day before he was due to collect I messaged him asking to let me know when he was showing up, no response. Got out of bed early the next day especially to deal with said Civic (I work nights), no message, no show, maybe he'd changed his mind? who knows. Anyway, I left it a day and as I needed it gone I advertised it on Facebook. It sold the following day for the asking price, £200 more than i'd offered it to my mate.  I suspect my mate saw the advert on Facebook as he sent me a message an hour after the guy had left telling me he could collect it the next day.. or the day after that...

I explained that as he never contacted me or collected when arranged that i'd sold the Civic to someone else and I figured he'd had second thoughts. I never got a response from him and he's ignored subsequent messages. 

I seem to have lost a mate (who maybe wasn't much of a mater after all)  but to complicate things he's meant to be repairing the front panel from my Volvo 145, or maybe he's not repairing it now, or maybe he's chucked it in the scrap pile. Perhaps he's going to repair it and charge me well over the odds as some sort of retaliation. The bottom line is i'm probably going to have to go up and repossess my own property as i'm not sure what he's going to do with it. 

*edit*

Just re-read this post to myself and it sounds proper pathetic doesn't it? Especially compared to some of the other more serious grumps. First world problems etc etc. 

I guess I’ll have to go and repatriate it at some point, problem is I’m away from home for a while and he doesn’t live locally so it won’t be for a few weeks yet I think.

*looks in mirror* you’re a tiger and you can get that panel whenever you like, rawwww!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had someone who wanted to buy the cortina. They left a deposit then couldn’t come for it after 2 weeks as they’d forgotten it was their daughters birthday. Okay .

i messsge them the next week and no response even though I can see their iPhone is getting the message (I.e it’s on). Another weekend comes and goes so I message them again saying you need to have a plan in place in 24hrs or I’m putting it back up for sale. Exactly 24hrs later I get a message, I’ve had an accident and I’m in hospital I can maybe pick it up this weekend . This may be genuine but red flags are waving so I just told him to forget it. I’ve had no response .

this is twice this has happened to me I think in excitement they drop a deposit then the realisation of picking it up or getting the money dawns and they start stalling . 

It happened with the Cadillac , the guy sent a deposit after pressing bin then when I heard nothing and chased him he said “well I should be back in the uk from the Alps in a couple of weeks”.  Ffs