The grumpy thread

outlaw118

17 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

No idea. Got out the lorry earlier today (first round I've driven since getting my license back), moved a bin and felt a twitch.

Was in absolute agony earlier. Seems to have subsided.

Yes. Thankfully.

I may have a small hernia which is causing this so off to see the quack. Again.

My inguinal hernia ( not small at about orange sized) did impact in testes pain on occasion. It was pressing on the nerve to the scrotum. Lived with it for years until it partially strangulated which left me with severe intestinal pain. Since I had surgery I’ve not had the pain down there ( although I do feel the mesh on occasion ).

32 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Drove out to a local classic car meet this afternoon.

Realised when I got there that I'd got the date totally round my neck and it's actually tomorrow.

No real problem - but doing stuff like that doesn't half make me feel a complete idiot.

I hope you where in the Invacar so at least you confused a few more random motorists :mrgreen:

40 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Drove out to a local classic car meet this afternoon.

Realised when I got there that I'd got the date totally round my neck and it's actually tomorrow.

No real problem - but doing stuff like that doesn't half make me feel a complete idiot.

Easily done. At least 'tis not an indication of early-onset dementia.

Fucking Parking Eye. 

I stayed at a Hotel in Newcastle Under Lyme. Not far from Junction 15.

It's a fucking dive. Seen better days. But it's clean and it's only 32 quid a night. 

For some reason they have got these twats managing their car park. Why? There's no reason to.

I made 100% sure that I put my details into the tablet in reception

1st of May I stayed and This week On Monday and Tuesday. Got home today to find a demand for £100. 

Fuck Off 

I'm fucking livid that I am forced to ring the hotel and explain that I'm not happy.

They sent the twats an email, but I'm fucking livid. 

Screenshot_20190516-002105_Gmail.jpg

2 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

I hope you where in the Invacar so at least you confused a few more random motorists :mrgreen:

Yes, of course I was.  Also took the long, roundabout way back home.  In rush hour, so as to confuse the maximum number of onlookers possible.

Will do the same tomorrow - hopefully actually with a car show in there this time.

Forgot to mention in the last post that I'd already turned around halfway there once because I'd forgotten my wallet!  Managed to turn a 5 mile round trip into 20.

1 hour ago, snagglepuss said:

Got some sort of bug which has given me a fever and ache all over.

Was supposed to be off to see my friend who is having chemo but can't risk him getting this.

Commiserations, I've got it too. Nasty fucker seems to be going around at the minute.

Amazon claim to have delivered a book to my porch today at 1.30. It’s not here. Nor is there a video of anyone passing or coming to the door when the time is supposed to have been. This means they haven’t delivered to a neighbour either as you have to pass my door to get to theirs. The Royal Mail did deliver my post and a parcel from the folio society this morning which was helpfully left on my porch, but nothing from Amazon.

perhaps Prince Edward has it? I hope he likes science fiction. It’s adrian Tchaikovsky’s latest.

issue raised with Amazon.

I need to sell my VW T5, so I stuck my head up underneath to see where the slight oil leak is coming from. 

Obviously it's the turbo-block seal, which means taking the turbo off and dealing with snapped bolts and studs and laying on my back under the fucker. Ah man I've really not got the time or money for this right now, but I can't in good conscience just jet wash the block and undertray and hope the buyer doesn't notice for a few days (like the bloke who sold it me did)

16 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Amazon claim to have delivered a book to my porch today at 1.30. It’s not here. Nor is there a video of anyone passing or coming to the door when the time is supposed to have been. This means they haven’t delivered to a neighbour either as you have to pass my door to get to theirs. The Royal Mail did deliver my post and a parcel from the folio society this morning which was helpfully left on my porch, but nothing from Amazon.

perhaps Prince Edward has it? I hope he likes science fiction. It’s adrian Tchaikovsky’s latest.

Yodel delivered a parcel for Mrs BMH yesterday. Put it on the step by the front door, rang bell, jumped back in van and drove off. Fortunately we were in.

Amazon are generally very good - I have a meter cupboard right next to the front door and the Flex guys normally just whack it in there and bolt it shut. Had a new courier this week who decides the 'shed' is not a safe place, so crashes round into my back garden and rather kindly leaves it on the wooden bench next to my back door. Fine. As long as it's not raining, mind.

Having gone through the induction process for one of the other 'race to the bottom' courier operations, I can confirm that in response to the rep they got for non delivery/damaged goods/outright theft, the procedures imposed on drivers are stringent, and a bit ridiculous in parts.

Amazon are generally very good - I have a meter cupboard right next to the front door and the Flex guys normally just whack it in there and bolt it shut. Had a new courier this week who decides the 'shed' is not a safe place, so crashes round into my back garden and rather kindly leaves it on the wooden bench next to my back door. Fine. As long as it's not raining, mind.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

In an age of next day and (with Amazon) same day deliveries, my grump is when they are not.

Ordered a puller set and wing protector from "the tool academy" on Monday that was supposed to arrive at the latest yesterday. Only just shipped today.

Also ordered a front and back brake rebuilt set for the BGT off http://msc.parts yesterday, but the order is still showing as unshipped. I don't think it's even been processed. Tempted to cancel and just pay a bit more to get what I need from my local Moss branch.

So it looks like I won't be getting the brakes sorted and going for a proper drive in it this weekend now. FFS :|

8  Days ago My Brother took his own life after many years of threatening to do so.

He left a Wife, Two Children and our Dad to deal with the aftermath of his lies drinking and gambling.

I'm glad to see the back of the Useless Twat but by God trying to make sense of things is beyond Me; not so much for me but for those He chose to leave behind is difficult.

I haven't got Children and never wanted them so have literally no idea what to say to my Niece (14) and Nephew (12)

As for My Dad, who will be burying His Eldest Son next week; I can be of no practical help at all'

.God knows I've tried but how can I possibly know how everyone else is feeling?

Sorry to hear this Doctor. Do what you can. They don't have any expectations of you, they just have to get through the next day, then the next, then the next. Try to help them do that. And be there to listen to your Dad especially. He may come out with some stuff that hurts, but he has a big hole inside and no one can tell him how to fill it.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

Doctormop, condolences. I can only imagine what an awful time that you and your family are going through. I had never been through that, but did sit through a mental health awareness talk earlier this week at work. I'm not a therapist or medical professional and would suggest you contact someone for help, even the samaritans will be good.
You say that you cant relate or help, but what your dad and others are probably looking for is someone to listen. Don't try to fix their issues. There were a few slides from the training that might help, some of them are cheesy, but I've tried this on my children to get them to tall more and it does work.
Don't use the W words: who, what, why, when, where, how. These out people on the spot.
Do use Ted: Tell me... Explain to me... Describe...

And just listen, don't try to fix. ( this advice I gained from a great friend of mine who had a nervous breakdown because she was always taking on other people's problems, and trying to fix everything).

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Amazon left a parcel for my girlfriend next to the shed yesterday. Not her shed mind you, just a shed.

She managed to locate it with a bit of hunting.

33 minutes ago, captain_70s said:

Amazon left a parcel for my girlfriend next to the shed yesterday. Not her shed mind you, just a shed.

She managed to locate it with a bit of hunting.

I have had delivery people claim unable to deliver as no one was home, when I was in as I work from home when I get work. Then Amazon have left electronics on top of the  recycling bin, had to send the whole lot back it was pissing down with rain. 

10 hours ago, SiC said:

In an age of next day and (with Amazon) same day deliveries, my grump is when they are not.

Ordered a puller set and wing protector from "the tool academy" on Monday that was supposed to arrive at the latest yesterday. Only just shipped today.

Also ordered a front and back brake rebuilt set for the BGT off http://msc.parts yesterday, but the order is still showing as unshipped. I don't think it's even been processed. Tempted to cancel and just pay a bit more to get what I need from my local Moss branch.

So it looks like I won't be getting the brakes sorted and going for a proper drive in it this weekend now. FFS :|

I've been fucking about with the brakes on the B roadster for a time now. New master seals improved the feel but the sytem needed bleeding. Checking the rear and someone, not me, has butchered the adjusters so it will not adjust the slack in the shoes correctly.

Quick interweb search and MGB Hive are cheapest. Ordered Wednesday, arrived yesterday pm. Fitted offside but as she's close to the wall have to move her. Grump, rain today, bollocks.

10 hours ago, Doctormop said:

8  Days ago My Brother took his own life after many years of threatening to do so.

He left a Wife, Two Children and our Dad to deal with the aftermath of his lies drinking and gambling.

I'm glad to see the back of the Useless Twat but by God trying to make sense of things is beyond Me; not so much for me but for those He chose to leave behind is difficult.

I haven't got Children and never wanted them so have literally no idea what to say to my Niece (14) and Nephew (12)

As for My Dad, who will be burying His Eldest Son next week; I can be of no practical help at all'

.God knows I've tried but how can I possibly know how everyone else is feeling?

Wife.  Anger and GUILT and worry about the kids. 

Kids. ANGER, and confusion and more anger. 

Dad. GUILT.  

And Saddness. 

You? You must be feeling something. Relief. But guilt too.? 

Look. Those kids are going to be fucked up. 

You need to make an effort to help.

And if they push you away, keep coming back

Thanks all for your good wishes Much appreciated and genuinely helpful

I wasn't going to post on here about what happened but last night just started typing and am glad I Did.

I am crap at communicating and am trying to be better at it

The Tell me Show me Describe idea has really helped, Deep down I'm a bit Who What Why When etc and it doesn't help with anything non mechanical,

I will look at things differently from now on.

Whilst I never really got on with My Brother I am going to miss him but just wish He was easier to like I mean He could have tried to help Himself, Family tried Work tried Social Services all did their best but He wouldn't accept help unless it was in the form of money to drink and gamble We reckon a conservative estimate of his losses over 25 years is around £200k

Guilt and anger are a big part of our lives at the moment I see that now

Thanks again to everyone who helped I'm in a much better place than I was 24 hours ago and will try to pass that on to the rest of the Family.

This place etc