The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Ordered a touchscreen panel from China last week. a 1mm thick glass panel for an 8" LCD - I need it for a £400 repair job that I need to get out of the door ASAP  to get some money in.

It arrived very quickly, in a plain envelope, in over 9000 pieces. I was going to order a few, I knew I should have. 

My mechanic, well the one I use I don't own him, 'may' not get around to swapping my suspension today, It's been booked in for over 3 weeks now, this is starting to become a regular occurrence with him now. I'd not mind but he charges top rates for his work. No questions on the quality of his work he's a very good mechanic and I was happy to see 2 MGB's and an A60 on his car park this morning BUT this could well be another day my wife has been without a car and the job has not been done so will mean more faffing about dropping car off picking car up no car etc for another day. 

20 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I've rarely had a problem with buying clothes online.  If the jacket had been the size the seller said it was (38 long rather than 40 regular) it probably would have been fine.  Proper shops are great but almost universally more expensive - plus I have to either go in my lunch hour or fight my way in to Norwich on a Saturday, which is a pain in the arse.  I can do an online purchase whenever.

Charity shop.................?

Just been to my lock up to tidy it up.

Opened the door & it looks half empty,there's around 40 alloys missing.

It looks like they've bent the door frame at the top & got on that way,the lock hadn't been forced.

Police gave me a crime number,& that's all.

Tried ringing a couple of local scrap dealers to see if anyone had weighed in a load of alloys,but no joy there.

Brilliant.

2 hours ago, myglaren said:

Adblockers have been disabled in Firefox :(

Never knew that there were so many adverts.  Defected to Chromium until they fix it :)

All extensions it looks like.

Including the one that all my regularly used bookmarks live in. Argh!

The new forum wouldn't let me log in. I reset my password (using the same one as before!!) and it let me in even though it complained the password was weak.

Didn't know adblock is starting to be clamped down on and that makes me very grumpy indeed. It makes the internet (and YouTube in particular) useable. It's bad enough when some websites force you to switch it off to access them.

I'm grumpy about the weather today, it's switching between warm sunshine and torrential rain, wind and hail. FFS

Tyres on the drive didn’t turn up this morning. I had  a txt and email at 7.30 saying they’d be here between 8 and 12.  I had a haircut at 7 and was back from waitrose dead on 8. Nothing heard by 1pm so I got in touch. Their system says both that the tyres were fitted and that the fitter turned up but couldn’t contact me. Also the fitter apparently drove back to base and resigned. Bets that he just couldn’t be bothered to do any work ?

anyway, they’re now supposed to be coming tomorrow between 12 and 2.

home fitting is supposed to take the stress and effort out of life, not add to it.  

I was going to recommend them, but holding off for now. Time will tell.

Also talking to my friend jan this morning as she was cutting my hair she was saying that her partner’s new e350 Mercedes ( he chauffeurs) needed two tyres last week at £180 each! Plus an mot ( needs one for tfl private hire twice a year despite the age), TfL’s own £160 annual test and is now subject to a daily £12 emission charge despite being euro 6 compliant. Something black cabs and buses don’t have to pay. 

17 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Where IS everyone atm? Has the winter hiatus finally ended and everyone’s motoring - or are they still trying to get Little Professor Calculators to login to the new AS?? ?

I'm here! Zx is still a bit fucked, I think I cocked up the timing... Still drives though. 

I have man flu though.. 

23 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Where IS everyone atm? Has the winter hiatus finally ended and everyone’s motoring - or are they still trying to get Little Professor Calculators to login to the new AS?? ?

I'm also here, I can't work this new site for love nor money though.

23 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

Still here!

I even hit 2000 posts recently and posted a montage of Buses and Model 70s together :) 

On 5/4/2019 at 2:36 PM, BorniteIdentity said:

I am present but am doing absolutely nothing interesting, because Tronda reliability.

I’m here too but 75% of my tools & the Granada are in Bulgaria, plus can’t do anything with it till my garage is built and I move it in there from the barn so the barn to living room conversion can begin. 

Focus CC waiting to go into the garage next week for new brakes all round, replacement springs, full service & MoT.

Buick still down with Rob, ABS fault still not sorted after throwing over £400 at it so now going for a pair of new rear hub assemblies to see if that sorts it out so another £300+ bill to come on that one 

My local garage that I've used for 20 years and mentioned on here a few times has closed it's doors for the last time. Due to ill health and retirement. Genuinely gutted and not sure what the fuck I'm meant to do now. I trusted them completely and I never even asked them for prices they were that fair. I'm worried I'll be shafted at every opportunity now.

30 minutes ago, paulplom said:

My local garage that I've used for 20 years and mentioned on here a few times has closed it's doors for the last time. Due to ill health and retirement. Genuinely gutted and not sure what the fuck I'm meant to do now. I trusted them completely and I never even asked them for prices they were that fair. I'm worried I'll be shafted at every opportunity now.

Go and see Andy, Scaryoldcortina  on here. He is only Stanley/Durham way..

+1 on Andy's garage, not the easiest to get to but you could drop your motor off in the morning then take the kids to beamish for a day out while he twiddles the spanners ?

or there's Rocket Garage (surely worth it for the exciting name) in cullercoats which is well regarded by Jim Bell. 

Lost my bastard wallet. The bastard thing finally escaped from me. Now its a plethora of telephone calls. Worst thing is, DVLA wabt to charge me £20 to have a replacement licence yet I've lost my wallet so I wont be abel to pay for that until I get my replacement card which won't be until next week.

Sister_Sterling buying me a new wallet on birthday was an omen I think.....

A) I still can't get to grips with this new version of the Beige Forum.

bee) I ordered a new front lower wishbone for the Saab last week. It arrived over the weekend and I was going to fit it today. I've been sent a nearside one (as the MoT fail sheet says that's the knackered one). I got under the car earlier and the offside one is all wanky, so either the MoT station has put the wrong side down or that one has failed as well (I can't find any play in the nearside one at all).

C) Mother In Law is in hospital, delirious with some kind of infection. No MIL jokes here, she's still a bit of a wildchild at 74 and you can have a good laugh with her. 

On 5/4/2019 at 11:16 AM, 155V6 said:

Just been to my lock up to tidy it up.

Opened the door & it looks half empty,there's around 40 alloys missing.

It looks like they've bent the door frame at the top & got on that way,the lock hadn't been forced.

Police gave me a crime number,& that's all.

Tried ringing a couple of local scrap dealers to see if anyone had weighed in a load of alloys,but no joy there.

Brilliant.

The authorities can't see that this is why crime is going up, 1% chance of being caught ,100% chance the sentence is going to be 100 hours of unpaid work , what a joke

12 hours ago, paulplom said:

I'm in the same boat, 16 years for me, he got offered a job that was too good to refuse, all of his customers feel the same , it's also killed any idea's I've had about , that looks good, Steve could fix it , I daren't buy anything like that now

Some twat in Nigeria just hit the BIN button on an expensive part I'm selling on ebay, zero feedback but he's been a member since early 2017. I'll send an invoice but have fuck all hope of getting paid by 

Adegbite Johnson
36, power line street, oko oba orile agege Lagos Nigeria

Agege , Lagos 100001
Nigeria