The grumpy thread

outlaw118

For those thinking of buying from copart read on.

Today I mot'd (well failed) a car bought from copart in Sandy. They obviously used the big forklift with the really long tines to load the car onto a trailer. The new owner repaired the rear quarter  accident damage before bringing it in for mot. Up on the ramp and it's clear the car had slipped off the forklift. The nearside rear shock is completely off it's mounting and resting hard on the exhaust.The exhaust is flattened and the front anti-rollbar is pushed to the offside and hooked under the subframe. Must have been a pig to drive. It's been left here to be repaired.

Copart just think "well it's damaged anyway" but if the other side had slipped the car like most these days has a plastic fuel tank.

Scottish Wankers.

M8 has a 40 zone... Which everyone ignored obviously. There was a highway maintenance van parked/maybe moving in the outer lane of the roadworks. Two glass back windows and a tiny half peeled off speed camera logo.

I was possibly doing 53.

Yes I'm a bastard etc. Doesn't explain why his beacons were on... Or if he was even a camera.... He was on the hard shoulder with two high vis guys nearby.

Edit: tried watching on dashcam

Phone call from GP this morning - can I come in and see emergency Gp as soon as?

I have been having bowel issues that have gotten worse over time - I had provided blood and a stool sample some weeks ago.

The stool sample was subjected to a FIT test - blood was present. I now need a colonoscopy.

Knackers.

Not having much luck with the fleet of late. With recent HGF on the Chevrolet Tacuma, even more recent HGF on the MG ZT when pressed into service and now the battery has died on the Rover 75. Despite the battery being disconnected over the winter fully functional and charged every so often wont hold a charge at all. The battery on the ZT will fit, but is 150 miles away. The Honda Accord is in use by Mrs Beard with me driving the Prelude. The Prelude has developed a sticky rear brake caliper (hot, smelly) and terrible suspension clunks! The MX-5 is in storage in me mams garage with no MOT.

F in shops ..  cant people cope , its not even the rush hour and its like zombie city ... but it !

F in roads ... cant people cope with a car , it has indicators , it has a go peddle , and a nut holding the steering wheel

F in tills ... cant shops cope ..till 4 is opening , till 5 is open , till 5 is hutting , till 4 is shutting , till 4 is opening , till 5 is open ... get a grip !

F in people ... some of them , if they were a kid in the play ground , they would be pointed out ....

Spanish subsidiary of DPD (SEUR) couldn't deliver my parcel as the driver couldn't be arsed to ring me, even though it was on instructions. Nor did he leave a card.

I only knew an attempt had been made because of their email to me.

So now I've have sent them SEVEN responses to their "resolve problem" link over the last two days, asking for the address I can collect from. No response, even to the ones I wrote in Spanish.

Phone number given is that of EVERY SEUR depot in Spain. Ringing it just gets me through to an automated message (in Spanish) that I cannot understand, and no matter what numbers I press during the message, it continues. So it's not a interactive line then.

Their website is hopeless, as gives me some details of 4 depots in this region, and my parcel could be at any of them. And of course they all have the same number.

I can see them returning the parcel to the sender in Glasgow, when I need the item now.

Fuckers.

Pulled a muscle in my back. Yay.

Being asthmatic I can only take a few ibuprofen before I start being unable to breathe. Boo.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

get your other half to apply a hot compress for 1 minute then swap for an ice pack for 2 minutes. Repeat 5-6 times, the relax from the heat and retract from the cold helps the muscle recover.

Voltarol is also sehr gut

In the facelift Xsara.

What makes you think the gearbox is on the way out? They're usually strong and long lasting.

True, and it'll probably go many more thousands of miles making this noise!  Tame Mechanic thinks it's the final drive/diff thingy.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Xsara.