The grumpy thread

outlaw118

My mates BMW garage in Hoylake burnt down the other day. Inside were some customers cars, including a 993 Porche 911, and a number of his own cars. The Ducati he had in his office survived with some smoke damage.

Very sad, as Chris had built the business up from nothing due to hard work. Luckily the unit he has next door was unaffected, so he and his team can still work. And sad for his customers who lost their cars - all insured, but still going to be a massive ball ache for all.

When my glamorous assistant's car was up for mot last year the offside headlamp aim was obviously wrong.The car is a Citroen C4  Picasso which we bought a couple of months earlier and some cars (mainly French ) have two Allen screws holding the bulb holder in place.The idea is to undo these screws slightly, turn the bulb holder until it is free then remove the holder and bulb complete.Fit a new bulb to the holder and refit then tighten up the Allen screws.The reason for no aim was some chump didn't do the job correctly at all and just siliconed the bulb in place and hoped for the best.It took me flipping ages scrapping  all the silicone out of the headlamp through a small hole not big enough for three fingers so I could fit a bulb flat to the headlamp surface.

Today the nearside bulb went out.Guess what ......The same fucking chump did the same to both sides...What a twat...  

I washed 3 cars today

post-5612-0-07964300-1555609850_thumb.jpg

All I had were 2 buckets, a sponge, meguiars gold class and an old shammy...

The 2 buckets and megs gold were the only good things about the whole thing. Didn't really give much of a shit about the zx, dad's car wasn't too bad but my stpemums yaris thing is such a fucking toy with such soft paint I can see the damage I've inflicted on it. Luckily my dad and stepmum aren't 'car' people so don't see it but I've vowed to return with all my gear and do them properly later in the year!

The yaris is so fucking flimsy too, all the panels move about, as does one of the rear windows even though it's fully up. My stepmum hit a pheasant the other week apparently and the wing fell off and needed clipping back on and despite both being hybrid, the yaris makes a very loud motor-ey noise when turned on.

I peeled the gb sticker off the zx too and wished I hadn't...

post-5612-0-01358300-1555610049_thumb.jpg

Who is it who sells the AS stickers? I need one for structural body panel repair reasons...

so according to the Italians where I live does not exist...

post-25614-0-92254000-1555610395_thumb.png

first time iv had this happen, and I have had plenty of parcels delivered here in the past

its going to be fun resolving it cuz its all in italian does anyone know what courier "SDA" use in the UK?

(its a bundle of rare lightbulbs from italian ebay im partly relaying to the US for a friend, for those wondering LOL) 

I washed 3 cars today

IMG_20190418_155934.jpg

All I had were 2 buckets, a sponge, meguiars gold class and an old shammy...

The 2 buckets and megs gold were the only good things about the whole thing. Didn't really give much of a shit about the zx, dad's car wasn't too bad but my stpemums yaris thing is such a fucking toy with such soft paint I can see the damage I've inflicted on it. Luckily my dad and stepmum aren't 'car' people so don't see it but I've vowed to return with all my gear and do them properly later in the year!

The yaris is so fucking flimsy too, all the panels move about, as does one of the rear windows even though it's fully up. My stepmum hit a pheasant the other week apparently and the wing fell off and needed clipping back on and despite both being hybrid, the yaris makes a very loud motor-ey noise when turned on.

I peeled the gb sticker off the zx too and wished I hadn't...

IMG_20190418_142350.jpg

Who is it who sells the AS stickers? I need one for structural body panel repair reasons...

Never pick at a structural GB sticker!!

Plumb it in with a new account then switch it to a local account (presuming windows 10)

Got his password and it rejects that account, wants a microsoft account.

Of course he has gone to work and won't be back until 07:00.

Never get this kind of shit from Linux :evil:

With Linux, instead you'll just be still trying to get the Audio or WiFi driver working. :mrgreen:

That has never happened.

That was what I was told when I first got SuSe Linux twenty years ago.  Turned out to be far simpler to set everything up, including networking and setting up the modem that Windows 95 didn't want to know anything about.

Not filled with snoopy stuff either.

I had to download drivers for Windows 7 to work yesterday. My granny was very confused and thogght I was going to break her desktop as I downloaded the drivers and stuck them on my USB stick.

On her vista pc... Which hasn't seen anything regarding updates for a decade! Did the ones I could and hacked the chrome nag screen away which confused her even more...

Bastard BMW keys. Bastards!....

I mean really.

Send me the EWS module and I'll give you chip and board you can put into the case.

A couple of years ago I picked up a Diamond-shaped BMW key identical to mine off the bed of an old car-transporter trailer. I thought I could gut the scrap key to repair my own key. Turns out it's a bit harder than I thought.

The transponder bit is wrapped in copper wiring, easy enough to remove no worries. Unfortunately, the copper wiring in the scrap key has snapped in a tight place where it is supposed to be held in. I could try and shove a bit of wiring on there but knce the key is back together the chances of it coming loose is too high.

20190415_193843.jpg

20190415_194013.jpg

The reason for the failure is the battery track which conducts the leccy between battery and board has snapped.

Everywhere it's £30 to get the key sorted, £25 more than I usually have. I am getting fed up this. Plus the BMW now just opens all windows when I use the remote on the other key.

will be in usa in september

was looking for omd gigs here - all sold out apart from a couple i cant make as theyre the opposite end of the country on weeknights

found out theyre on same time as im in usa

three grumps - its an outdoor venue

i have to fly from alabama to philiadelphia

omd arent the headline - thats the b52s (barf) but berlin are also on the card.......... this also happened last time I saw them simple minds were the headline omd were the support - who were far better :D

oh well more time in north carolina then

Gorgeous glorious day to be off work.

And I’ve been stuck indoors all day writing an application for the permanent version of the job I’ve been doing for the last 12 months. I hate writing applications at the best of times, but particularly when it’s for a job you’re already doing, to be reviewed by people you work with for an organisation you’ve worked for for years and years. All being well I’ll be interviewed next week. When I’m off on leave.

If this one isn’t successful I’ll then have to interview for my own permanent job because we’re going through a structural redesign. Also means I have to complete a skills and experience document separate to the application process as there’s a risk I’ll be displaced. Sodding thing has to be in for 8am on Tuesday. I was going to do it today to get it out the way but after writing that application by brain is fried so it can feckin well wait.

Motivated myself to get out with my metal detector for the first time this year, got a cracking signal and in my excitement knelt down into a load of nettles in my shorts, ouch !

Fucking signal was just an old car thermostat !

Going to try to find the WW2 incendiary bomb I discovered last year in  local parkland and get the bomb guys to sort it , had my little one with me so reburied it and I haven't been able to find the fucker since   :shock:  :-D

Gorgeous glorious day to be off work.

And I’ve been stuck indoors all day writing an application for the permanent version of the job I’ve been doing for the last 12 months. I hate writing applications at the best of times, but particularly when it’s for a job you’re already doing, to be reviewed by people you work with for an organisation you’ve worked for for years and years. All being well I’ll be interviewed next week. When I’m off on leave.

If this one isn’t successful I’ll then have to interview for my own permanent job because we’re going through a structural redesign. Also means I have to complete a skills and experience document separate to the application process as there’s a risk I’ll be displaced. Sodding thing has to be in for 8am on Tuesday. I was going to do it today to get it out the way but after writing that application by brain is fried so it can feckin well wait.

What is the point of this administrivia? I'd be giving them one line, "I am eminently suitable for this job as I'm already doing it" and put whoever the line manager is as reference. Unless the job is filling in application forms it's not wrong. 

What is the point of this administrivia? I'd be giving them one line, "I am eminently suitable for this job as I'm already doing it" and put whoever the line manager is as reference. Unless the job is filling in application forms it's not wrong.

Frustration levels are high with this process. What’s even more stupid is that if I’m appointed in to the permanent post I have to go through the whole proving identity and eligibility to work in the UK thing, even though I’ve worked for this organisation for *years*. Oh and will also have to get another disclosure check done and reapply for security screening.

A random and inconsequential grump, nonetheless, but one I feel aggrieved about...... 

Watching Pointless tonight on t'telly (it is literally the only thing I watch) and there was a question about Roman Britain.   I understood the questions well enough and even knew one or two answers but who the flippity fuck has renamed BC and AD as BCE and CE?   More to the point - Why?   Is it a problem to understand or accept the meaning of Anno Domini?   Or, more likely, just another attempt to re-write history?  

I haven't been so narked about Pre-Arthurian Britain on a game-show since that bloody Icelandic bloke started calling Boadicea "Buddica".    

That was c. AD 1989 by the way....

A random and inconsequential grump, nonetheless, but one I feel aggrieved about...... 

Watching Pointless tonight on t'telly (it is literally the only thing I watch) and there was a question about Roman Britain.   I understood the questions well enough and even knew one or two answers but who the flippity fuck has renamed BC and AD as BCE and CE?   More to the point - Why?   Is it a problem to understand or accept the meaning of Anno Domini?   Or, more likely, just another attempt to re-write history?  

I haven't been so narked about Pre-Arthurian Britain on a game-show since that bloody Icelandic bloke started calling Boadicea "Buddica".    

That was c. AD 1989 by the way....

Ask them in church this Sunday whose fault it was, you do go to church don’t you? ;-)

The lazy fucking wankers on other shifts.

Leaving shit for others to do.

Pisses me right off.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

I hear that.

Ticket opened at the start of day shift, it sat for 12 hours with no updates and was passed to me on night shift.

It was a piss-easy ticket to sort, too.