The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Hey, GM, if you're stuck for a spout in the future then (an empty) one of these...

Evian-500ml-Natural-Mineral-Water-Bottle

...works. Scissors/screwdriver/car keys to roughly cut the bottom off and a steady hand when pouring usually works.

What were the terms of the contract and did he demand payment before he finished the job?

Work to be completed as and when he could (between jobs), but before the end of April. £500 up front, balance at the end of April.

He's now said that he delayed another job and did mine instead so he could get paid earlier ("I really need the cash, mate.").

He's fucked himself and will be getting no more work from this end - I'll pay for a trusted person to travel down from Berwick in the future.

Corners, simple yes? Apparently not. I thought even the knuckle dragging three fingered Neanderthal relatives (or residents of Norfolk as they are also known) know that you do not brake mid corner, not even gently, if you are going too fast for a corner (they werent) braking will not help. And I thought the fact that you brake BEFORE a corner and gently accelerate THROUGH the corner was also common knowledge. Apparently not to mr sky blue metallic 320 notfloppy top who decided to brake mid corner on the massive run up to the A38 and then looked amazed as an old Volvo defied the laws of science and went around him. Driving standards are really slipping as every day I see crap driving like this.

Last week booked Ibiza FR in for MOT as it hasn;t been used for months and got a job starting Monday so need transport.  Arrived at garage surrounded by chaos as but DVLA system was offline so garage not able to do any MOTs, FR batt light then came on, drove back in day light, steering light came on and steering go a bit heavy, did Charles Atlas parking manoeuvres, turned off engine and now FR is dead. Never-mind - there;s always another car somewhere  nearby.

I've had 2 weeks of tidying up both my new and my old home, living out of boxes, replacing the cam belt on the Toyota, injuring my shoulder, shampooing carpets (Beko - I have a Vax Rapide Plus, autographed photo available on request) and having hands that smell like various household cleaning agents, I am absolutely shattered.

So the Saab decides now is the time to have grindy brakes. Pah!

EDIT - It's a Vax Rapid Ultra Mr Beko

GT6 has a seized rear drum still. Can't free it off at all. Decided to just get the car running today as its on a drive wheel but just as I was getting ready to go out the neighbours came round and pointed out the fence had come down in the back garden so spent the day sorting that out FFS. A right pain I could do without.

I brought the Land Rover home this morning. It hates me, it is now as bad, if not worse than before. It really isn't running right it is damp and horrible inside as the window has been left open and to cap it all I snapped the mirror off reversing onto the drive. I was concentrating so much on not colliding with the holly bush on the left that the driver's mirror caught on the rainwater downpipe. The downpipe is cast iron so that won.

I've had enough of it now and refuse to spend any more money on it so will have to take a bigger hit on it to sell it with a dodgy engine.

Just picked my scooter up from being serviced. 'We clean and polish them as part of the service and we have fixed your horn'.

It's filthy dirty, 3/4 of the fuel seems to have disappeared and the horn still doesn't work.

Hey, GM, if you're stuck for a spout in the future then (an empty) one of these...

Evian-500ml-Natural-Mineral-Water-Bottle

...works. Scissors/screwdriver/car keys to roughly cut the bottom off and a steady hand when pouring usually works.

Yep, had to do this myself not so long ago whilst nursing a petrol light on the dash... although in the end, after all the faffing, I hadn't actually run out of petrol, it was a dodgy wire to the ECU. 

This weather. How the fuck am I going to get the recently purchased TF sorted when it keeps pissing it down. I might have a garage, but the MGB GT is in there still winking at the MiG welder and the MGB Roadster is in front of the garage.

Saying that, since I taxed it on March 1st, I've only been out in it twice, and it pissed it down on one of those days.

Bastard weather...

The weather just hates me at the moment,  I washed up on Sunday looking out the window at the sunshine then went outside to fix the car and a blizzard appeared out of nowhere.  Today the weather appeared to be lovely until I ventured outside with a basket of laundry.  Fucked it into the dryer and the sun came out.

I have a really insignificant grump.  It concerns the view from my lounge.   Normally I can see two cars - Mrs Rocker's Merc and the opposite neighbour's 51-plate Saab.   It was quite a nice view and they looked after the Saab - no scabs, never dirty, nice clean alloys.      

Yesterday they came home with a Zanussi-white Kia thing, not new but say 6 months old.   It has ugly great tail lights and is taller than the Merc so it keeps catching my eye.   Seems they have taken advantage of a scrappage-type PX deal at the local dealer leech.    

This has upset me.  I persuaded them many times to keep the Saab, the bloke really liked his Saabs and has had nothing else since the 1970s apparently.  It played up a bit in the summer and needed a fuel pump relay but other than that - nothing.  They even used to drive it to their holiday flat in Spain. 

Now it's been done in like a faithful old spaniel at the vets and I have to look at this bloody white thing every day.   Sad......