The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Grumpy - you'd better believe it!

Was woken this morning with a streaming nose. I think cold, but no, my bloody nose bleeding. That's a first!

Got this dealt with and on with my day. Came out of a clients house at lunchtime and headed off to my next call....hmmm something not right. Bloody great bolt through the front tyre on emergency/temporary chod Mondeo. Wheel off, spacesaver on, another nose bleed. Off to local tyre place. Tyre fine, patchable, £25 thanks very much. (Last time I was there  it was a tenner to the guys for a pint).

Rest of the day goes fine. Off out with the dogs after work. it's cold, I'm walking quick as usual, nose is a bit sniffly....bang another massive nose bleed. no tissues or fuck all and I'm a mile from the car. Fuxxake!

Got someone interested in the A6 Allroad as is - great!  Trying to look around for a replacement. Why does anyone EVER advertise a car on FB Marketplace???  I've never, ever had a response to any genuine query on there. 

Same on here - genuine interest in a car for sale and the seller can't be arsed responding - regular poster too!

Ach well, it is the 13th I suppose.

DVL fucking A. SORN'd two vehicles today on line, no problem. Took a bike off SORN filled in everything on line to pay the tax by DD. Wouldn't recognise my bank account details. Tried to pay for 6 months tax. Won't recognise my debit card number.

Ring bank. "No sir, card fine, had no refused payments.

So ring DVLA. Same story, still won't recognise my account for DD or my card number to pay for 6 months. "Do you have a credit card you can use?". No. I don't have any credit cards now. "You'll have to go to the Post Office then" he says. I can't, as will be out of the UK at 7 am tomorrow. "You won't be legally allowed to use the bike then" was his helpful advice.

Hopefully its just a DVLA computer glitch and I can tax it on line on Friday. Otherwise, cunts.

Be careful please Sierraman

I’m only going to be 6ft off the soft cushioning ground so I’ll not be doing any Rod Hull impressions.

I’m dissatisfied about something else subsequently. Went into ALDI, today they’ve their metal paint in, I really rate this stuff it’s much much better than Hammerite and conveniently it’s also a third of the price. I digress. Went in 2 branch’s today and despite being advertised that it’s in, needless to say it isn’t. The staff were clueless “Might be in today, might be in tomorrow we never know you see?” FFS.

Similar thing happened with Lady_Sterlings Mum, just been diagnosed with the big C. Sadness here too.

One of Domestic Management's oldest and best friends has just had a colorectal cancer diagnosis.  There is sadness here.

Sympathies, gents, what horrible news :( 

At work. Have to give four presentations this evening. I'm covering for two other people that can't be here and it's to people that I haven't met. And I'm the most junior person in my department (of the three of us!).

Help.

The advice I was once given was to imagine them all naked, it was horrible so not doing that again.

Better is just do it as if you know them.

Best of luck

At work.  Have to give four presentations this evening.  I'm covering for two other people that can't be here and it's to people that I haven't met.  And I'm the most junior person in my department (of the three of us!).

Help.

Go sick. That’s exactly the sort of emergency sick time was invented for!

Agreed with local builder for some work to be done, price agreed on, that he'd do it as and when he could, and that he'd bill me at the end of April.

Bill's come in now, less than I expected but still six weeks before I planned to have the fucking money to hand. Ten day 'pay by' on it as well.

FFFFFUUUUUUU...

Agreed with local builder for some work to be done, price agreed on, that he'd do it as and when he could, and that he'd bill me at the end of April.

Bill's come in now, less than I expected but still six weeks before I planned to have the fucking money to hand. Ten day 'pay by' on it as well.

FFFFFUUUUUUU...

I'd phone him and explain the problem.  Tell him when he can have his money, and hope he's not got a cash flow problem himself.  Meanwhile max out all your zero interest credit cards. 

If you quite like public speaking you've got an advantage over most folk, probably including the ones who should be doing it!

There’s a reason I do the fire announcements at events.

Actually went very well. Nobody cried and nobody was staring into blank space. Up to half an hour of hearing me witter on (2 presentations twice, each 15 minutes). Outcome is yet to be decided but did fine...

I'd phone him and explain the problem.  Tell him when he can have his money, and hope he's not got a cash flow problem himself.  Meanwhile max out all your zero interest credit cards. 

I don't have any credit cards.

Called him as soon as I opened it - "Nowt I can do, mate."

YOS, definitely give him a bell and explain, he may be happy to not cause you a cash flow issue, or he might not, but will appreciate the honesty, particularly if you tell him he *can* have the money in 10 days, but it will be difficult for you.

What would actually happen if you didn't pay him now but waited until the end of April as agreed?  Would he send the lads round with baseball bats, or would he just whinge a bit?  If the latter, why not just tell him that to pay him early would cause you major issues so you'll pay when you agreed to pay.

FFFFFUUUUUUU...

Assuming that the work is done and you are happy with it are you able to pay something on account and the balance at the end of April, he may be happy with that,