The grumpy thread

outlaw118

There, I drew a line under it.  Now, on with the inconsequential grumps, please.

Here's one for you:

I just bought a light up 'Hello' (not the magazine) sign, just because it's ace. I told the missus it was 99p and going in the shed, but it was a tenner and I'm going to hide it somewhere. Two of the bulbs don't work. 

Edit: 53456668_10156121944140737_2925444972838

Please tell me you are kidding! I get the humor in the second sentence, but the last one sounds a bit serious

Really? What is a grump but a moan. I do not like it when strangers on the internet get personal, so thought I would post a bit of humour. Perhaps it was too subtle, will try harder to be more obviously humourous in future.

I don't enjoy joining these types of discussions but this comment is so extreme I couldn't let it pass unchallenged. It is quite extraordinarily authoritarian and controlling. To anyone who places value in liberty, free thought and free expression it is difficult to hear. The culture of the UK, as in all countries is cyclical. Sadly we are entering a phase of increasing puritanism, only this time not rooted in religion, but manifested in a concerted attempt to heal the world of its 'ugly thoughts'. In the process, everything the self-appointed moral arbiter decrees as offensive is extinguished. I am deeply unhappy about this in life and on Autoshite: I can see it leads nowhere good.

FWIW, I don't hold you responsible for the manifestation of this new authoritarianism and controlling behaviour in Autoshite's moderation. I can see you agree with it, but I don't believe you are the prime mover behind it. I look elsewhere for that.

No doubt I will be flamed for this comment and I am fully expecting to be laughed at by people who have not understood me. But I feel it has to be said.

This constant need for the noiser AS detractors to try and claim some kind of moral high ground is getting very tiresome.

Will you please just get over yourselves FFS.

DMV.

If anybody has seen the animation "Zootopia", the DMV office in the movie was staffed solely by sloths. This was an accurate observation.

I feel like I may have possibly died of old age.

Now I know why everybody looks upset and grumpy on their driver's license.

Phil

Here's one for you:

I just bought a light up 'Hello' (not the magazine) sign, just because it's ace. I told the missus it was 99p and going in the shed, but it was a tenner and I'm going to hide it somewhere. Two of the bulbs don't work.

Edit: 53456668_10156121944140737_2925444972838

For my shed, needs the o! Removing.

DMV.

If anybody has seen the animation "Zootopia", the DMV office in the movie was staffed solely by sloths. This was an accurate observation....

One of them looked a bit like Diane Abbott, our Shadow Home Secretary.

The film was released over here as "Zootropolis", no idea why the change in title. Didn't detract from what is a feckin' funny film, and clever with it.

One of them looked a bit like Diane Abbott, our Shadow Home Secretary.

The film was released over here as "Zootropolis", no idea why the change in title. Didn't detract from what is a feckin' funny film, and clever with it.

Not like the word Utopia is unknown there...

Strange

DMV.

If anybody has seen the animation "Zootopia", the DMV office in the movie was staffed solely by sloths. This was an accurate observation.

I feel like I may have possibly died of old age.

Now I know why everybody looks upset and grumpy on their driver's license.

Phil

I always found it fitting that in The Simpsons Patty and Selma worked at the DMV

460c6aa1532cfa3f85f72d714b071bf5.jpg

Also, Zootopia was called Zootopia here in Australia. It’s odd how films get different names overseas, Airplane! was called Flying High here for some reason.

More to the point, my grump:

To the man using his leaf blower at 6am, if you do it again I’m going to go over there and shove it up your arse.

More to the point, my grump:

To the man using his leaf blower at 6am, if you do it again I’m going to go over there and shove it up your arse.

Fucking hate those things...Sweep the leaves up you lazy ear-defender clad twat, not just vortex them down the street for some other fucker to clear.   Our neighbour has a strimmer which she was waving about early one Saturday morning during our recent pre-summer lull.   Garden's the size of a picnic blanket, FFS.   I don't particularly want to see her arse to shove it up but I am very tempted to take the fuse out.  Trouble is she will only buy another one without even looking inside the plug....

Cheers, Daz. It lends a little perspective.

Having lost 3 people to it,both grabdfathers,one of whom was a father figure ( you know my history so should understand what that meant to me) and a close friend about 8 years ago followed by my scare last year it can show how fleeting life can be. I hope she has had the diagnosis in good time to hopefully help her.

Idiotic travel / traffic reports get right on my tits.

Here's a couple of examples from the BBC today...

In both, they begin by suggesting 'severe disruption', but end with 'traffic is coping well'.

If the traffic is coping well, the disruption is hardly fucking severe, is it? Twats.

13:19

Envelope update

Severe disruption: M1 Derbyshire northbound
BBC News Travel

M1 Derbyshire northbound severe disruption, between J28 for A38 Alfreton and J29 for A617 Chesterfield.

M1 Derbyshire - One lane closed on M1 northbound between J28, A38 (Alfreton) and J29, A617 (Chesterfield), because of a broken down vehicle. Traffic is coping well.

----------

Posted at 15:5115:51
Envelope update

Severe disruption: M1 Derbyshire northbound
BBC News Travel

M1 Derbyshire northbound severe disruption, at J28 for A38 Alfreton.

M1 Derbyshire - One lane closed on M1 northbound at J28, A38 (Alfreton), because of a broken down vehicle. Traffic is coping well.