The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Not intended as a flame, and it's possible I've misunderstood you, but I think you are incorrect.

We have never had freedom of speech in the UK. You have never been allowed to defame others. Public Order offences have existed for a very long time.

More recently, laws around certain protected characteristics have come in, and been strengthened over time, because we have finally realised that those people need extra protection from the law because they are more vulnerable. You are not allowed to say something racist, or derogatory to disabled people, not because of "thought police" but because those words cause serious harm.

I wholeheartedly agree with DW and Chaseracer, free speech does carry an enormous responsibility.

It is not absolute, but it does exist. The law of defamation sets a high bar with strong defences. So to does Article 10 of the ECHR. The law does set limits as I also believe it should, but these are far below that imposed by Autoshite. The moderators here elect to go further than they have to. The harm held in words varies. At all but the extremes, where this is determined is arbitary.

Time for my coat, I think.

"freedom of speech" should mean the ability to say whatever you like but to also accept there are consequences.

Internet "freedom of speech" seems to mean the ability to say whatever you like and to never experience any consequences whatsoever.

The former is reasonable, the latter is cuntery.

Internet "freedom of speech" seems to mean the ability to say whatever you like and to never experience any consequences whatsoever.

The former is reasonable, the latter is cuntery.

Amen.

Ian,

I signed up to the other side just to see what it was like, as soon as I saw the Hubnut/Ian bashing I left, the name calling and general playground behaviour is appalling - those people need to take a long hard look in the mirror. The atmosphere over there absolutely stinks!!!

Stay around here, I know I will be and I'll be in my forum too.

Your content brings much more than than what those people could ever offer.

Stick around.

Those fuckers *sorry* can go swivel.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Oh the irony. Good luck with your forum.

All I get from this is “yeah yeah those nasty potty mouths. What a bunch of fuckers”

At least it is grumpy.

I think some people on the dark side need to get over themselves and stop trolling me. To think I was on some moral crusade just to protect my channel is ludicrous. If I objected about the tone of posts, it was only because I didn't agree with the tone of the post. The way things are going at the moment, I'm minded to join the exodus.

Bellends all; just ignore them. I've certainly got a few more names to go on my list.