The grumpy thread

outlaw118

She is very professional and detached when she is working, as surgeons etc. have to be.

She only deals with the dead and their belongings.

It is still hard on her when children are involved but she stores that up for later.

She did have to deal with some of the victims of the Manchester bombing and the kids were hard to take.

They got back with little time to spare before she had to catch a train back to London.

She had emailed some documents to me to print to smooth her way through airports

Had installed a new router  last week due to slowdowns and dropouts.

I have to email documents to my printer and the printer won't pick up the new router, had to unpack the old one that was ready to post back to BT.

Got that done and off she goes.

Email from her when she's on the train, can I get her car as she can't lock it.

I may have mentioned that it took me half an hour yesterday to unlock it.  Door would partly open but only an inch or so.

Have it here and it seems to be locked but not too sure.

There is a little key in the key card but can I bugger find where it fits in the car.

Could've been me. I was on the very next Air Ethiopia flight to take-off from Addis. The plane crashed 6 mins after take-off at 08.38. My flight took off at 08.35. Must've flown right over it. 157 dead. What a tragedy. I passed through security with those souls. Sat with them at the next gate. Stared at the screens with them. Shared a table at the coffee shop with them. I remember them. It was only a few hours ago. Nobody on our flight knew anything about it (including the crew) until our phones started ringing off the hook when we landed in Zimbabwe 8 hours later.

Anyway, good luck to your daughter. That's heroic work. And life is short people!

IMG_20190311_063052.jpg

Wow. That is stunning.

Makes your hair stand on end just thinking about what could have been.

It certainly puts some perspective on life, makes you appreciate what you have.

Boiler won’t work, the pilot light will not light for love nor money. FFS!!!!!

Similar a few weeks ago. Ours was the fan inside the boiler which was fked and boiler wont fire without it. Not a major expense at all. Maybe not same problem with yours though.

Post something in the open forum, lots of knowledge there.

My mate's boiler died last night in the form of pissing water everywhere. Doesn't have it's own valve so the only way he could stop it was to shut off the whole water supply. Boilrs r fun.

In other news, work has seen fit to only give me 50% of my usual work this week, kind of handy as I don't actually have a car to get there, kind of not because if they do this again I'll run out of money. Gotta love 0-hour contracts...

Today I'm updating my CV in lieu of work, so at least I'm being vaguely productive...

Not really a grump as it's just one of those things, but my wee lad of 5 has Chickenpox. He's been off colour for about a month but in the last 4 days he has experienced a horrendous onslaught of itchy, fiery spots. They are also painful and some are around his eyelids and in his mouth. They actually look more like the case of shingles that my wife had a few years ago, they are that red and angry looking.

We are going up to the Hospital tonight for the 3rd time with him as this seems more severe than the virus should be. Or maybe we are just panicky parents but when he looks like one of those pictures you see in medical textbooks about now-extinct human diseases, you become kind of alarmed. Poor wee lad.

My grump is because Chickenpox can FRO.

Hope the young lad is feeling better soon.

My mate's boiler died last night in the form of pissing water everywhere. Doesn't have it's own valve so the only way he could stop it was to shut off the whole water supply. Boilrs r fun.

In other news, work has seen fit to only give me 50% of my usual work this week, kind of handy as I don't actually have a car to get there, kind of not because if they do this again I'll run out of money. Gotta love 0-hour contracts...

Today I'm updating my CV in lieu of work, so at least I'm being vaguely productive...

Time for change Captn. What do you want to do?

Similar a few weeks ago. Ours was the fan inside the boiler which was fked and boiler wont fire without it. Not a major expense at all. Maybe not same problem with yours though.

Post something in the open forum, lots of knowledge there.

Think ours is the thermocouple as the pilot light won’t ignite. It’s one of those that you turn on and it lights the pilot light not one of the older type with a piezo switch to light it.

Tbh my commute is currently a 20 min train journey and then a 30 min walk to get there and the return leg will have to be an Uber across town 'cause I finish at 23:20, at which point the public transport system is done for the night. So less work until the car is fixed is almost a positive.

Statistically, that's your lot.

The odds say you'll never get that close again.

No.

Statistically they have exactly the same probability of winning next time as they did just before the draw.

Or yes ?

Or are we thinking that if they already had 5 balls out of 6, as the 6th ball was about to be chosen they had a one in 55 chance of winning the jackpot. And now they have a 1 in a trillion chance.

I was going to suggest bringing back the DC-3 but apparently one of them dropped out of the sky in South America yesterday.

Back in the 70's I knew a pilot who drove for, the peak of air chod, Dan (D)Air

who I used to get the odd crew price ticket. 10% normal cost.

Anyhoo, he left Chodair and went on his own delivering stuff all over the world.

Mostly executive stuff to Africa and South America. 

Alright, I'm getting to the DC-3 bit. There is one, honest.

By the way, he reckoned 1 out of ten were being stolen.

So he had to move a DC-3, there it is, from Luton down to a hangar he had 

at Gatwick and asked if I wanted to come along. Oh sure says I, not knowing 

what I was letting myself in for. Turned out this DC was destined for Africa and

It was, erm, different. For a start there was no cargo door. Mate says no problem

they only do about 180 so it don't matter. We got in and took up the seats right 

up the front. Basically because there weren't any others. It's a bit odd sitting in

the best seat and looking at the sky. Unless you look out the side where every

thing seems to be at 45 degrees. Started the engines. Sounded like a shit load

of frantic spanners trying to get out of a container. In stereo.

Did some taxi ing, and was told to fuck off, which we did at what I thought sounded 

like near warp speed but was less than fifty, and proceeded down the runway.

VE point came up and we were off the ground. Which was a relief coz, I thought

it was struggling. A bit. 

Well, it was. We hit the ILS with the undercarriage, which was reluctant at retracting

coz not enough height. I say hit but it was more a slight nudge. Enough to upset it.

I heard later it needed treatment for PTSD, ADHD, CBBC, B&Q and MDF.

Stopped flights out of Luton for two hours. Oops !

Got to Gatwick and my mate says it went ok. Done worse moves.

No worries mate, but avoided any further jaunts of that kind.

Two days later he was off to Africa. I was not envious.

He did get banned from flying for six months and had to pay 20,000 for repairs.

Oh yeh, and it got to it's destination. Dan (D)air experience he reckoned.

I think some people on the dark side need to get over themselves and stop trolling me. To think I was on some moral crusade just to protect my channel is ludicrous. If I objected about the tone of posts, it was only because I didn't agree with the tone of the post. The way things are going at the moment, I'm minded to join the exodus.

I think some people on the dark side need to get over themselves and stop trolling me. To think I was on some moral crusade just to protect my channel is ludicrous. If I objected about the tone of posts, it was only because I didn't agree with the tone of the post. The way things are going at the moment, I'm minded to join the exodus.

Yeah, its a bit pathetic really innit. I've stopped going there as if I want to hang out with bitches I'll go to the dog park.

You have, once or twice, called people out on posts that had crossed the line. Whenever I've seen you do it I've completely agreed with you.

Hardly a moral crusade.

Please don't leave: you contribute more quality car content than most members.

You have, once or twice, called people out on posts that had crossed the line. Whenever I've seen you do it I've completely agreed with you.

Hardly a moral crusade.

Please don't leave: you contribute more quality car content than most members.

Thanks. I guess what irritates me most is that there are outright lies circulating about why I may have taken a course of action. I an only assume they come from bitter people who prefer to guess than consider the truth of a matter. Bitterness is not healthy. I should just ignore such pathetic behaviour, but it does get to me. I mean, who would be happy to have lies spread about them?

Ian,

I signed up to the other side just to see what it was like, as soon as I saw the Hubnut/Ian bashing I left, the name calling and general playground behaviour is appalling - those people need to take a long hard look in the mirror. The atmosphere over there absolutely stinks!!!

Stay around here, I know I will be and I'll be in my forum too.

Your content brings much more than than what those people could ever offer.

Stick around.

Those fuckers *sorry* can go swivel.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sadly, if they are you trolling you so badly, they'll be delighted at your reaction.

Act like you would if they were Hopkins or Morgan.

True. No doubt it'd piss them off even more to know that they've still clicked one of my videos, so have effectively earned me money by trolling!

Thanks. I guess what irritates me most is that there are outright lies circulating about why I may have taken a course of action. I an only assume they come from bitter people who prefer to guess than consider the truth of a matter. Bitterness is not healthy. I should just ignore such pathetic behaviour, but it does get to me. I mean, who would be happy to have lies spread about them?

God, absolutely! I'd love to tell you to rise above it, but it's not that easy.

I haven't looked at the other place but the level of tin-foil-hattery in a certain other thread on here is quite loopy enough. Personally I think you're in league with Santa.

I've got to be honest, some of the comments on there, whilst i agree with some of the more sensible ones, have been pretty disgusting on the whole, lots of personal attacks and general nastiness. Rather than acting like the bigger man/woman and establishing a forum the way they want it to be they have just spent their energy's into turning it into a cesspit of hatred.

Who's going to join a forum like that and contribute good content?