The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I mean, personally I don't particularly want to live in the States but that is a good rule and definitely in your favour!

Issue here is that so many houses were built before cars existed, it's not dreadfully practical...

Easy solution?  Autogiros.  Government-issued autogiros.  With rooftop landing conversions on all houses.

Oh, I thought the solution was going to be Milton Keynes. 

(where I've just streetviewed a random selection of residential areas and actually, more driveways than I expected)

Transit has repaid me robbing a new battery and ten quid's worth of diesel from a scrap car by leaking brake fluid from the o/s/f somewhere.

Similar rule in Japan - no parking on street unless it's in marked bays, and all cars parked on street overnight are liable to get towed.

That's backed up by another rule that means to register a car, you have to have a police issued certificate to show you have a parking space for it. The only exception is for kei cars, which might be why they sell so many of them...

Tesco Insurance.I'm thinking of getting an MG ZR 105 as a spare car.The Volvo is insured with Tesco,they were one of the cheapest quotes.I went online & got a quote for change of vehicle,they want another £80 for the remainder of the policy which runs out in June  :shock: .

I don't think I'll be renewing with them  :evil:

Similar role in Japan - no parking on street unless it's in marked bays, and all cars parked on street overnight are liable to get towed.

That's backed up by another rule that means to register a car, you have to have a police issued certificate to show you have a parking space for it. The only exception is for kei cars, which might be why they sell so many of them...

I was thinking about this today.  Outside Cannon Street Station in that London there is a cherry picker parked up on a public road, on double yellow lines.  It has no reg plates.  It's been there several days.  It's. not doing any harm, but if it was one of my cars, I'd have a hefty fine to pay.

Sakes. Sister in law calls the wife up, sponging for money because electric bill and groceries and this months check was short etc etc. Will pay you back Friday.

(No you won't, I know you).

There goes the parts for the Pontiac right now, then.

I think I work just to give other people money.

I seem to work solely to give people money. The people I give it to just squander and waste it in the most unbelievable ways right in front of my eyes. The people I give my money to are called the government.

Sakes. Sister in law calls the wife up, sponging for money because electric bill and groceries and this months check was short etc etc. Will pay you back Friday.

(No you won't, I know you).

There goes the parts for the Pontiac right now, then.

I think I work just to give other people money.

Nothing worse than spongers and those that borrow money with no intention of paying it back. A genuine oversight once maybe, but you know when you're taking the piss. Hate owing people money, actually lose sleep over it, yet some people don't seem remotely bothered.

Still, if you're a serial piss taker I suppose sponging £100+ here and there is actually quite profitable.

I just spent the entire day, from 9am to 5pm, in a boardroom with no windows.

All while a Mexican guy with a very thick accent was trying to explain to us some proprietary networking principles.

At 5pm we were trying to set up some of these proprietary boxes, and my esteemed colleagues were just shouting IP addresses at each other. "It's 10.1.0.1!" "No, it's 10.1.0.2!" etc. etc.

I wanted to inflict bodily harm upon them all. They didn't even notice me leave.

I was even updating my CV last night, and I've just had an invitation to an assessment on the back of another application I fired off a few weeks ago. It's for a much more hardware-based, hands-on sort of role.

Let me get my hands on your hardware, etc. etc. etc.

But yeah. Connecting remotely to stuff at the other side of the planet all while sitting in an office isn't exactly inspiring. I work much better with tangible things that are in front of me.

FFS eczema. For some reason around this time every year my body freaks out and goes "ARRRRRR! TO POLLEN BATTLE STATIONS".

Itchy to all fuck. Naturally if you scratch it, you get relief for 30 seconds and then it's 300 times worse.

I'm covered all over in this shit. :(

I feel your pain. Massivechemicalname+othermoleculethatisprobablyverynasty cream to the rescue!

I was on YouTube earlier, clicking through random links as one does, when I came across a video of James Corden off of Gavin and Stacey, Sophie Turner off of Sansa Stark, and Josh Groban off of singing, performing a rendition of a song* called "Baby Shark", of the existence of which I was hitherto blissfully unaware.

Now I have the bastard cunting thing playing on a fucking loop in my head and it will not fucking stop.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

:evil: 

Funny how three times our solicitor 'isn't in today, sorry' but managed to call back from the office within 30 minutes each time.

I actually 'get' that. As a self employed individual, I use a call handling service. I switch over to it when I'm out and about or trying to get on with really important work. It saves being bothered by 'worthless' phonecalls.

Cavrcraft, you should be impressed that your brief called you back on these  occasions - he obviously is interested in you whilst trying to filter out the random shit. Stop being a diva and realise that you are only one of many clients your brief has. He got back to you each time - what's the problem?

How a driver with L plates is treated.

Taking my eldest out for some lessons in the Mazda, we're doing 50 in a 50 limit and the driver behind is less than 2 metres away from the back bumper.  I tell you what mate, if you're in a hurry then overtake but no.  From a purely practical point of view, if the learner makes a mistake (as they're quite likely to do) the insurance company would almost certainly find the car behind at fault, why would you do that?

Another thought they might not have had, as this is some twat who's effectively bullying my child, it brings out all sorts of strong feelings.  If there's a queue of traffic ahead and we all have to stop I then have an opportunity to make those feelings known.  So, if you hear a news story about someone who gets pulled from their car and getting a freak head injury, it'll have been me :)

e7IvaEY.gif

Did a show at work yesterday.  23 acts.  I do all of the tech.  Lights, sound, etc. whilst my boss did stage management.  Just the two of us.

I made one mistake of cueing a backing track a bit too early, so I had to start it again with the performer on stage.  Why grumpy?  Because every single time we do this show I make one mistake.  Just one.  But I've never had a clean sheet...

How a driver with L plates is treated.

Taking my eldest out for some lessons in the Mazda, we're doing 50 in a 50 limit and the driver behind is less than 2 metres away from the back bumper. I tell you what mate, if you're in a hurry then overtake but no. From a purely practical point of view, if the learner makes a mistake (as they're quite likely to do) the insurance company would almost certainly find the car behind at fault, why would you do that?

Another thought they might not have had, as this is some twat who's effectively bullying my child, it brings out all sorts of strong feelings. If there's a queue of traffic ahead and we all have to stop I then have an opportunity to make those feelings known. So, if you hear a news story about someone who gets pulled from their car and getting a freak head injury, it'll have been me :)

e7IvaEY.gif

2 things.

Do you know how accurate the Speedo in the car is? No excuse for tailgating but if the road used to be 60 and now it's 50 and you are doing 45, well I can sense the frustration....... there's no excuse for tailgating a learner or anyone else.

Secondly teach the learner to slow down gradually if someone is tailgating. Target 35 if they get too close.

Thirdly don't let child see you other than calm. Just pretend it's normal to be surrounded on the road by cock wobbling twats.

..which it is.

I actually 'get' that. As a self employed individual, I use a call handling service. I switch over to it when I'm out and about or trying to get on with really important work. It saves being bothered by 'worthless' phonecalls.

Cavrcraft, you should be impressed that your brief called you back on these occasions - he obviously is interested in you whilst trying to filter out the random shit. Stop being a diva and realise that you are only one of many clients your brief has. He got back to you each time - what's the problem?

I'm not a solicitor but I do find that it is helpful to book a meeting room and have a meeting on my own, whilst not answering the phone.

The only way to get stuff done.