The grumpy thread

outlaw118

My grump:

I can't decide if I'm sad or not because not so long ago someone would have retorted with a remark that I'm a lefty commie cocksucker, and now they will either not read it or not care enough to reply.

Or maybe they're too scared to comment in case they get put on 'approval'!

Tam and I were talking (IRL!) about AS at the weekend and while it barely registers on the important-life-factor-ometer, he did make a sage observation which I hope he won't mind me sharing.

He said that when he first visited AS it was like an old school garage. Untidy, but you soon found where everything was. The locals would swear and take the piss, but in a good natured way. If someone was being a knob, they were told. A calendar on the wall that might draw the eye.

That summed it up pretty well for me.

This new-sanitised version is probably unavoidable, but it's a bit meh.

And I say that as a lefty commie cock sucker.

I know it's getting boring mumping about it, so that's my last word on it.

Lucky you. My penis isn't that big, so I dress down the middle.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

This guy dresses down the middle and he could have a 12 incher.

post-3133-0-06421500-1551385020_thumb.jpg

WTAF? I apologise for the crap picture but taking photos of another boys arse at 8.45 in the morning is still odd, even if he is wearing those trousers.

Oddly a girl next to me was also taking a photo though, if she's on here she might have a better shot.

In my world, my Mrs would have elbowed me and said "look at his trousers"

I'd have laughed and called him a cunt.

I live on an odd planet though, and there are people who would laugh at boot cut jeans and flowery shirts.

Appeal? You have to request a 'mandatory reassessment' first, then, when they decline that, then you can start to appeal. It seems to be the way they operate though on the letter they sent me, they have made some serious mistakes - not noticing meds for what conditions I have.

Utter shower of shit and the woman that did the assessment has lied quite outrageously. I had trouble believing that could/would happen, but apparently, that is par for the course!

I think SOC has some experience in this area perhaps pm

I live on an odd planet though, and there are people who would laugh at boot cut jeans and flowery shirts.

Aye, I'm 42. I have no place commenting on the fashion sense of todays youth when I used to dress like I did.

However, I suspect that this still isn't a good look. I'll ask one on the youngsters at work tomorrow.

I think SOC has some experience in this area perhaps pm

Yeah, but only in an amateur crusader way because they did the same thing to Conor! There are however a number of others here whose input would be valuable so can I suggest you start a thread on the open forum where we can all chip in.

Also, did you know outsourcing has cost more than the money saved by being cruel with the benefits?

Aye, I'm 42. I have no place commenting on the fashion sense of todays youth when I used to dress like I did.

However, I suspect that this still isn't a good look. I'll ask one on the youngsters at work tomorrow.

My fashion sense when I was younger was black jeans, black dress shoes, black shirts and a very nice black Crombie with a red silk lining.

Or black jeans and heavy metal t-shirts.

Usually accented with a big silver belt buckle, heavy silver ring and a long goatee beard.

No wonder I shit out with women.

If you can see someone's pants and that's what they consider fashion and not a dreadful mistake that they will laugh about in the pub, about how stupid they were, it's because they are a cockwomblingfuckwittwat of the premier league of British peasant scum, and they need to attend a decent finishing school before being allowed out alone

My fashion sense when I was younger was black jeans, black dress shoes, black shirts and a very nice black Crombie with a red silk lining.

Or black jeans and heavy metal t-shirts.

Usually accented with a big silver belt buckle, heavy silver ring and a long goatee beard.

No wonder I shit out with women.

For work i now wear black 501s and a next or asda polo shirt and weird fish jumper.

These go with my status of being seen as someone who knows appearance does not correlate with ability.

Appeal? You have to request a 'mandatory reassessment' first, then, when they decline that, then you can start to appeal. It seems to be the way they operate though on the letter they sent me, they have made some serious mistakes - not noticing meds for what conditions I have.

Utter shower of shit and the woman that did the assessment has lied quite outrageously. I had trouble believing that could/would happen, but apparently, that is par for the course!

Maybe being a classic Bentley owner has poisoned your chalice

Just saying like.

Its no accident, govt. policy to reduce benefit bills, its what the company/companies are supposed (contracted) to do. 

Wankers

It's fucking stupid; the stress of dealing with the wanky procedure(which costs money) makes already ill people more ill(which costs money), and then administering all the refused/withdrawn ESA/PIP/ILA/ABCXYZ appeals cost more money and create more stress and illness. I refuse to believe any of this actually saves money holistically.

ATOS are much like Capita, a private profit making company which exists only to undertake badly fuck up work which should be public sector.

EFA

I recently had to go through the reassessment process for PIP. I first got a letter about it about this time last year. I got citizens advice to fill in the form for me, I was sitting with the bloke while he did it. I asked for a home assessment as by their rules if you live more than 2 hours bu public transport from them then you get the home visit. I specifically asked to get plenty of warning so I could have a witness, my daughter, present as I have been totally fucked over by atos when I first applied for DLA 6 years ago. The next I knew, about 2 months later a knock on the door, Im here to do your assessment. Im afraid I was not very well and she was told I know fuck all about this so you can fuck off and write a letter to me. It took another 4 months for the DWP to phone me and said my money was bei g stopped as I refused to do an assessment. I managed to hold it together and the lady on the phone said dont worry then, we will tell atos to rearrange it and we wont stop your money. Then another couple months I did get a letter with an appointment between 8 to 12 am. I ipromptly phoned them and said thats no use, I need an exack time to get my witness here. After about an hour arguing with the guy on the phone, then his supervisor then his boss I got a time for the assessment. So it got done and it was only a few weeks ago it was settled. I have care at the higher rate and mobility at the standard rate, I should really het both at the higher rate. However I couldnt be arsed putting myself through more crap for 30 quid a week so just left it. I bet had I gone through all the shit I would have got it, buy I would only have gone and handed it over for a new car, and my 12 plate leon 1.6tdi with dsg box is working perfectly, I also have an 06 caddy 1.9pd for back up, a pug 407 coupe 2.7hdi for executive days and a xantia 1.9td, out of mot and going to be put up for roffle very soon. Also either the caddy or 407 going to be sold too. My head says sell the 407 because of its high running cost, the heart says keep it cos its absolutely lovely. My advice to anyone dealing with this atos crap is to get help dealing with it. My local CAB is brilliant but there are plenty charaties out there who will help. That lot gave me nearly a year of anxiety and panic attacks, which I cannot help and at times so depressed that I felt like I didnt want to be here, and I have days and sometimes weeks at a time I either lock myself in the house and speak to noone, or else go in the car and do a 2 or 300 mile drive just because I can.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Very James May :-D

Thanks. Me neither.

The real problem is the taxi radio company who leased the equipment. They’re claiming something like £80,000 owed for a £5,000 initial debt. They’re the ones who prevented him setting up an IVA and put a claim on the house.

By the way, my uncle worked seven days a week, mostly nights as that was more profitable, and trusted this other guy who said he was paying the takings into the bank and paying the bills but didn’t. My aunt meantime, who had worked at Tesco for over forty years mostly in the petrol kiosk was told she couldn’t take more compassionate leave off and so handed in her notice.

This is a problem that doesn’t seem to be going away. It was quiet for a year or so until he died ( no life insurance) but then they came sniffing round for money again. My cousins are doing ok in their own right but the ongoing issue is keeping my aunt in her house.

Awful situation, you and your aunt have my full sympathy. It must be utterly infuriating that these arsehole creditors keep coming back despite the situation.

A similar thing happened to my brother-in-law with a car garage and he lost his flat and everything else as a result. It took him over 25 years to recover from that and only recently managed to buy his own home again.

I hope karma catches up with the con-man, big time.

FFS, stupid cow bangs the bloody UPVC back door moving her stupid garden shit around. Tells me the door needs looking at last night. I asked her what the issue was this morning and has a real go at me for not 'remembering', I had a go back and said you didn't actually say what the problem is and by the way, you've fucked the door up. The hinge pin is broken, the hinge has been ripped out of the frame.

Tells her to get it sorted as it looks fucked and I'm not doing it. 

Day 7 of the Casa Datsuncog bathroom renovation project.

post-17915-0-81355800-1551435214_thumb.jpg

It's now starting to feel more like a hostage situation.

post-17915-0-79519000-1551435242_thumb.jpg

Haven't had a shower since Sunday and every time I move, bits of plaster fall out of my hair.

A plague of boils upon evening DIY work (and especially on the tile place who helpfully* didn't mention that the tiles on which we settled had been cut down for their (unlabelled, unsized) showroom display - so now I have to do likewise for every single one at night, in my MiL's garage, with a cheapo Titan tilecutter).

Still, at least Cat is helpful and definitely not in the way at every opportunity.

post-17915-0-70875800-1551435404_thumb.jpg

Got a local swimming pool you could go one evening?

Yep, I'd originally planned to do just that - but the Catch-22 is that if I'm down there luxuriating* in the oodles of ratepayer-subsidised hot water of an evening, I'm not at home plumbing/drylining/tiling/painting/weeping - and therefore further away from the goal of showering in my delightful new bathroom.

It's also £5.60 for an adult swim at my local place these days, it appears.  :shock:

Plan B is to simply panel over the bathroom door, deny it was ever there, go feral and shit in the garden. Weirdly, that's seeming like the more attractive option right now.

I don't envy you at all, I absolutely hate doing DIY.

Fortunately father-in-law loves it. He can come over every weekend as far as I'm concerned. There will be a houseshite post documenting his work on Sunday evening!

I like DIY in theory, but I always forget that I'm beyond hopeless until it's too late.

The tragic thing is, I thought it all looked ok beforehand (I remodelled it seven or eight years ago, and it was repainted and repapered again about three years back). 

This is how it looked last Friday morning, before I set-to with my trusty Draper heavy-duty scraper (known simply as 'the Dangerous Tool', and which has been instrumental in every stage of demolition in this house).

post-17915-0-28940000-1551438636_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-02500000-1551438917_thumb.jpg

Looks alright, I thought. But MrsDC kept losing her eyeshadow down the back of the sink unit drawer, which led to a promise to 'do something about it', and then it was "wouldn't it be nice to have a walk-in shower" (which, undeniably, it would), but now...

post-17915-0-41995500-1551438980_thumb.jpg

"Looks alright" - I hear ya. Our place looked fine when we looked around, but every time we've looked more closely there's evidence of bodgery. No regrets, we'd have still bought it, but you just can't know from a 15 minute look around that the walls are fucked behind the wallpaper, the bath taps have been installed in such a way that you'll have to knock a wall down to replace them, the dishwasher is sitting on rotten blocks of wood...

It's fucking stupid; the stress of dealing with the wanky procedure(which costs money) makes already ill people more ill(which costs money), and then administering all the refused/withdrawn ESA/PIP/ILA/ABCXYZ appeals cost more money and create more stress and illness. I refuse to believe any of this actually saves money holistically.

EFA

According to the national audit office, it doesn't even save money directly as the savings on benefit are lower than the costs of assesment.