The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Stepdad had his appointment at the Christie yesterday and was told treatment isn’t a goer, he said he’s been given weeks/months at best. FFS he’s such a decent man, was good to mum and my sisters too. Just an all round good egg, I’d really started to build a relationship with him too.

WFH today as can’t be arsed with stuff.

That's shit news, sorry to hear :(

Right.

I give a shit because I have to regularly go around sorting the bloody things because people tend to leave them behind in my department and never pick them back up and there's nowhere good to store them in the meantime.

We have 30+ people walk in and out of rooms at a time several times a day, leaving them behind for the next group of people to do the same.

I have to walk through crowds of people quite often and the things get left on the floor, leaving me tripping over them.  It is dead tight on space and frequently people leave mess everywhere.

Drinking water is not a pointless exercise, it's just that drinking two litres of the stuff a day is a complete myth that's been manipulated by bottled water companies (let's not forget that they sell product with an order-of-magnitude markup) and these bottle manufacturers because people will believe whatever they read on the side of a bus.

it's just that drinking two litres of the stuff a day is a complete myth that's been manipulated by bottled water companies (let's not forget that they sell product with an order-of-magnitude markup) and these bottle manufacturers because people will believe whatever they read on the side of a bus.

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

No one said he was wrong about the volume of liquid a human requires to survive.

I (we) are finding it hilarious that he can get so worked up over another human choosing to consume water NOISILY, and FROM A FANCY BOTTLE!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm done now :)

I'm assuming it's the constant slurping you generally get with sports caps that is the issue here. Unlikely a polite sip of an open cup would cause offence?

I have in the last week been officially diagnosed with misophonia and hyperacusis, both of which are hearing disorders. I can get where Grump is coming from about slurping and drinking noises as it's one of the things that really get my heckles up, and have posted about this in the depression thread. Not taking their empties away is just ignorant, surely there's got to be a suitable receptacle for empties somewhere nearby?

That is not the grump.

I move house tomorrow. This isn't a grump either.

E-mail from letting agent came through. They want to do the annual gas safety inspection tomorrow. FFS.