The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Yes we are totally baffled as to why we've managed to use so much electric & gas. All our own appliances are A-rated or better, because nuns & kittens, all I can think of is something we own is either faulty, or the meter is buggered.

Unfortunately we're tied in with this company because the previous tenants didn't sort their stuff out properly and just handed the reins to us. They're still sending final demands to them addressed here. Keep forwarding to letting agents, yet nothing happens, so unsure if it's the letting agents or the energy company that is being a bunch of cocks.

If I find out we're subsidising the previous tenants then I'll go absolutely boolie.

If it’s a flat, is it one where all the meters are in a communal cupboard? It is very common to have ‘crossed’ meters where they’re connected to the wrong flats, can often go unnoticed for years as consumption is generally similar until large family versus cat lady scenarios.

Flick off your power at the mains and then check if the leccy still advancing on the meter. If it is, you’ve probably got a crossed meter and need them out to check the meter details.

Alternatively, did you get an opening read/final read when you moved. Could’ve the previous tenants ‘under-read’ the meter on purpose so you’re paying for theirs.

I sort this stuff for a living so if you want to pm the bills/readings minus your name/address, etc I can take a look if anything looks odd.

He has a mate who owns a bike shop and it's there at the moment so hopefully it can be saved. It’s an early one on carbs so worth saving. Chances are it will also need exhaust, engine casing, possibly forks, maybe rear plastics so will add up. He was doing about 60mph when it happened so quick enough to do a bit of damage.

Ouch. Hope he's alright and the bike gets sorted!

Minor grump from me, particularly given the above...It's been 18 degrees in Cheshire today. Forecast is for minimum 5 degrees tonight. So why in the name of ABSOLUTE BUGGERY are the gritters out?

If it’s a flat, is it one where all the meters are in a communal cupboard? It is very common to have ‘crossed’ meters where they’re connected to the wrong flats, can often go unnoticed for years as consumption is generally similar until large family versus cat lady scenarios.

Flick off your power at the mains and then check if the leccy still advancing on the meter. If it is, you’ve probably got a crossed meter and need them out to check the meter details.

Alternatively, did you get an opening read/final read when you moved. Could’ve the previous tenants ‘under-read’ the meter on purpose so you’re paying for theirs.

I sort this stuff for a living so if you want to pm the bills/readings minus your name/address, etc I can take a look if anything looks odd.

Yes we had a reading given to the electric & gas providers dated the day we moved in, submitted by the letting agents.

I'll have to get them off wife's computer as they're electronic, not paper. Thank you for the offer

I've got a feeling our tumble drier is on the blink - goes on once a day for the last load of washing for the day but it cut out several times this evening, so I think I've got a culprit :/

Energy bill for last quarter has arrived.

£709.95

Wankers, the heating's only on 5 hours day.

Sent new reading through this afternoon. It's reduced it by £10.

Twats put the rate up because we're locked on a flexi tariff the letting agents set up for us when we moved in,

Yet another expense in the nexct month

This has happened to me. Not Npower by any chance is it? Because of them dragging thier feet I'm in debt with them now. Been put on a key meter which might be expensive but allows me to pay off the debt (in a few years) and keep some control of the electricity. I should've used someone else...

This has happened to me. Not Npower by any chance is it? Because of them dragging thier feet I'm in debt with them now. Been put on a key meter which might be expensive but allows me to pay off the debt (in a few years) and keep some control of the electricity. I should've used someone else...

Greenstar. They've been totally hopeless since we moved in.

A grump and a tale of revenge.

Having spent about a month whining about how blunt a certain knife is, I used it earlier to chop some sprouts for tea.

Cue me slicing the end off my thumb and fucking claret squirting all over the kitchen.

Luckily we have toilet paper and duct tape in stock.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

You're a lot more likely to cut yourself with a blunt knife than a sharp one, and the cut will be a lot worse from the blunt bugger.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Bird seed means the little ones get more of a look in. It does also mean pigeons in large numbers once the word get a round.

I had a seed dispenser at my last place in Sunninghill- a heavily wooded garden. Loads of small birds. When I moved to the open farm location all I got was pigeons and crows so it’s currently in the parent’s shed. I also had a squirrel-proof peanut feeder ( steel cage type) that was good. I may bring it back.

Anyway, that’s the reason for suet balls- something new.

I do get flocks of goldfinches and wagtails and a few robins.

Sighted down the road in chobham today is a very rare mealy redpole.

post-8687-0-01404800-1551124519_thumb.jpeg

Greenstar. They've been totally hopeless since we moved in.

Green star are useless cnuts!

Currently having a dispute with them regarding unauthorised direct debits taken from my account, surprisingly they are being very slow to respond to my rather grumpy messages.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I had a seed dispenser at my last place in Sunninghill- a heavily wooded garden. Loads of small birds. When I moved to the open farm location all I got was pigeons and crows so it’s currently in the parent’s shed. I also had a squirrel-proof peanut feeder ( steel cage type) that was good. I may bring it back.

I moved into a new build last June and we're trying to attract some garden birds at the moment.  We've had a robin in our garden momentarily.

We've got fat balls and seed out, with a small dish of water.  Bushes have been planted (but are just sticks in the ground at the moment) and a sapling fruit tree, too.  None of our neighbours have put out any kind of cover or bird attraction as far as we can tell so we know it's going to be a long game.  Have a bird bath and plinth to put out at some point in the next few days too.

It's one of the things I miss about living in the countryside or in a house with a well-established garden...

Nice to live vicariously a little.

Hard to know what you're moaning about, TBH. I've just seen Cat Stevens' boat floating down the river.

His mooring has broken.

So Dinah Washington has finally got her revenge, has she? Cat Stevens' mooring used to be hers until 'events' - she's mad about the buoy.

I moved into a new build last June and we're trying to attract some garden birds at the moment.  We've had a robin in our garden momentarily.

We've got fat balls and seed out, with a small dish of water.  Bushes have been planted (but are just sticks in the ground at the moment) and a sapling fruit tree, too.  None of our neighbours have put out any kind of cover or bird attraction as far as we can tell so we know it's going to be a long game.  Have a bird bath and plinth to put out at some point in the next few days too.

It's one of the things I miss about living in the countryside or in a house with a well-established garden...

Nice to live vicariously a little.

More of a grin, but my place in Sunninghill had very large windows. I had a suction bird feeder in the middle on one of them just out of range of the hundreds of grey squirrels. One day i came home to find the perfect outline of a sparrowhawk on the glass next to the feeder. You could see all the individual feathers outlined in dust!

Yes we had a reading given to the electric & gas providers dated the day we moved in, submitted by the letting agents.

I'll have to get them off wife's computer as they're electronic, not paper. Thank you for the offer

I've got a feeling our tumble drier is on the blink - goes on once a day for the last load of washing for the day but it cut out several times this evening, so I think I've got a culprit :/

What sort of dryer is it? Running that every day will put between 50p - £1 on your usage every day so will explain the higher leccy.

Hard to know what you're moaning about, TBH. I've just seen Cat Stevens' boat floating down the river.

His mooring has broken.

Cat Stevens owns a farm in Shropshire now you know.

I saw a mate coming out of his Farmshop one day carrying a lovely woollen jumper that had been woven from the wool from baby sheep.

I asked him if he could tell me where he got it from and he pointed to Cat Stevens and said 'Yusuf Islam'.

More of a grin, but my place in Sunninghill had very large windows. I had a suction bird feeder in the middle on one of them just out of range of the hundreds of grey squirrels. One day i came home to find the perfect outline of a sparrowhawk on the glass next to the feeder. You could see all the individual feathers outlined in dust!

Reminds me of a chap I know in Herefordshire.

He was looking out of his window and saw a weasel catch a mouse.  Seconds later, a sparrowhawk came down, batted the weasel off the mouse and flew off with the mouse in its talons.  Quite impressive in its way.  Vicious gits those sparrowhawks, although I quite like them.

There's your problem. Tumble dryers use lots of power. I refuse to buy one as I remember from experience of one at uni, they were responsible for producing big leccy bills and the one we had then cost me half a terms worth of nights out.

Reminds me of a chap I know in Herefordshire.

He was looking out of his window and saw a weasel catch a mouse.  Seconds later, a sparrowhawk came down, batted the weasel off the mouse and flew off with the mouse in its talons.  Quite impressive in its way.  Vicious gits those sparrowhawks, although I quite like them.

Nature, red in tooth and claw.

I don't usually post in here but bloody hell some people want shot.

attachicon.gif20190220_084858.jpgattachicon.gif20190220_084846.jpg

My eyesight isn't the best, what's happened to it?

That's an absolute beauty of a bird.

Best mate has been bounced off his Blackbird by a Beemer, he is battered about with a few broken bones but otherwise ok. Bike less so, it was an Autoshite bike but his pride and joy that will be written off for certain. Hopefully he can buy it back but finding a full set of plastics for it will be a laugh.

/ do not like. ( no emoji comes even close )

You're a braver man than me having a pint just before getting on a rail replacement bus.  Hope you don't have too far to go.

I got on a normal bus after popping into work again for a piss. Was needing another by the time I made it back to the Visa at the other end mind you.

Also, Facebook has managed to point me in the direction of refurb bits for the 944. Still not cheap but fuckit.

Later models you have to buy the whole arm apparently. You can get rebuild kits but I'll just get the whole think as I'd just waste the money on my family or charitable donations or something, plus my arm will inevitably be fucked so the rebuild kit won't work.

Plus I want the fuckin car working.