The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I moved the window based suet ball feeder to the nearby tree yesterday as the little birds seemed reluctant to approach the building. It now has loads of birds, but not the little ones I was aiming to help.

Had that trying to feed the wagtails at work. Pretty much anything get gobbled up by the crows and seagulls. Have found crumbling stuff into tiny pieces helps a little though, as they do seem to find it on the floor after the big birds have gone.

Jesus Christ.

Can I take this moment to remind anyone thinking about going into business with anyone that a limited company or similar is fantastic protection against losing your personal assets in the event of this kind of thing. Not many people seem to be aware of the implications of being a sole trader / non incorporated partnership when stuff goes massively wrong.

Obviously you can get into the situation of personal director guarantees for loans etc but that’s a very conscious decision.

Yes. My uncle was very naive and trusting. He also didn’t have a separate business account. I know - my mum was exasperated with him by the time he went to her for some help.

It’s because he starting mini cabbing after being made redundant from what is Airbus in broughton probably twenty years ago. Then set up as town cars in Wrexham. Then this fly-by-night con man came along with his flash talk etc and that was that.

Well it’s too late now. Died six months to the day after small-cell carcinoma diagnosis at 62.

Yes. My uncle was very naive and trusting. He also didn’t have a separate business account. I know - my mum was exasperated with him by the time he went to her for some help.

It’s because he starting mini cabbing after being made redundant from what is Airbus in broughton probably twenty years ago. Then set up as town cars in Wrexham. Then this fly-by-night con man came along with his flash talk etc and that was that.

Well it’s too late now. Died six months to the day after small-cell carcinoma diagnosis at 62.

Sorry to hear that man.

Awful.

I just don't get this ripping people off mentality.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that man.

Awful.

I just don't get this ripping people off mentality.

Thanks. Me neither.

The real problem is the taxi radio company who leased the equipment. They’re claiming something like £80,000 owed for a £5,000 initial debt. They’re the ones who prevented him setting up an IVA and put a claim on the house.

By the way, my uncle worked seven days a week, mostly nights as that was more profitable, and trusted this other guy who said he was paying the takings into the bank and paying the bills but didn’t. My aunt meantime, who had worked at Tesco for over forty years mostly in the petrol kiosk was told she couldn’t take more compassionate leave off and so handed in her notice.

This is a problem that doesn’t seem to be going away. It was quiet for a year or so until he died ( no life insurance) but then they came sniffing round for money again. My cousins are doing ok in their own right but the ongoing issue is keeping my aunt in her house.

Thanks. Me neither.

The real problem is the taxi radio company who leased the equipment. They’re claiming something like £80,000 owed for a £5,000 initial debt. They’re the ones who prevented him setting up an IVA and put a claim on the house.

Fuckers.

My loss is nothing in comparison.

Trust no one.

I can probably make a decent fist of re-writing the 12 days of Christmas purely from my experiences of the used car market this weekend.

6 no shows for the Discovery

5 sellers contacted for other cars, no replies.

And apparently, explicitly stating "No offers" in your ad just opens the floodgates to people making even worse offers than you got beforehand.

And i got offered a fucking parking meter in exchange for a Discovery beforehand.

My neighbour making things needlessly difficult regards car fixing.

I'm not fussed about her, but the prospect of getting phone calls/letters from the housing factor/police/my landlady is making me generally unsettled. I know it's coming and it's a hassle I simply don't want.

I'm going to sleep like shite tonight.

I can probably make a decent fist of re-writing the 12 days of Christmas purely from my experiences of the used car market this weekend.

6 no shows for the Discovery

5 sellers contacted for other cars, no replies.

And apparently, explicitly stating "No offers" in your ad just opens the floodgates to people making even worse offers than you got beforehand.

And i got offered a fucking parking meter in exchange for a Discovery beforehand.

If it helps I know somebody who has just had a rusty modern transit welded up to a good standard in Sheffield for a reasonable amount if you wanted the disco doing.

I'm not fussed about her, but the prospect of getting phone calls/letters from the housing factor/police/my landlady is making me generally unsettled. I know it's coming and it's a hassle I simply don't want.

As I said get pro active and complain about her first, you have witnesses - state this to all the above people. DO IT NOW!!!

It's a touch late right now ;)

Going to ask the other ground floor flat residents if it's true only they can use the basement (it's an unlocked area of a communal space in the building). If it is true I'll ask if they mind me using "their space".

Given all that's down there is a dead boiler, an old mattress and some rubble I doubt they're clamouring for the space...

I looked through my documents about my flat but the close, basement and garden area aren't mentioned. I'm only renting so the documents are quite generic, just mentioning keeping communal areas tidy. My landlady warned me of a "funny woman downstairs who lives alone" when I moved in so I'm evidently not the first resident to invite her wrath!

Sharp edges of the Doloshite will be taped also.

I'm not going to complain against her directly as I reckon she isn't firing on all cylinders so to speak.

I have a shared driveway.

The previous neighbour was a bitter twisted woman. She would bitch if I used the drive for repairs. Until the day that I complained that I hated car repairs and if I could I'd buy a decent car and pay someone but as I was skint, I was forced to fix it at home. She seemed to mellow at that point.

A grump and a tale of revenge.

Having spent about a month whining about how blunt a certain knife is, I used it earlier to chop some sprouts for tea.

Cue me slicing the end off my thumb and fucking claret squirting all over the kitchen.

Luckily we have toilet paper and duct tape in stock.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk